Newbie to the forum
590 7 2018-5-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sharaaznm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153346 ft
South Africa

Hi guys nice to meet you all , been flying DJI stuff for a while  now ,my latest machine is a  Mavic Pro, any newbie advise would be gladly appreciated . thanks in advance .
2018-5-9
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Sharaaz, Welcome to the Dji Family. Advise is that create a Pre-Flight checklist for all your flights, the Pro is a Beast of a machine and can go great distances with good video. Do not try to be a hero and take unnecessary risks, gain confidence in your bird first before doing any distance tests especially over water. Other then this basics from me Have fun and post some good videos and stills here.
2018-5-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, welcome to the forum, Suren is correct, please refer to the tutorial video below to make a preflight checklist, what's more, you are recommended to read the user manual more than once before the first flight. Happy flying.

2018-5-9
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Welcome! Many will be happy to lend a hand - just ask the questions you need answered and good advice given above
2018-5-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your welcome, Sharaaznm you will get plenty of help around here, good luck and fly safe.
2018-5-9
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Welcome. Have fun and fly safe. We are all here to help and looking forward to seeing your work.
2018-5-9
Use props
Sharaaznm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153346 ft
South Africa

Suren Posted at 2018-5-9 02:29
Hi Sharaaz, Welcome to the Dji Family. Advise is that create a Pre-Flight checklist for all your flights, the Pro is a Beast of a machine and can go great distances with good video. Do not try to be a hero and take unnecessary risks, gain confidence in your bird first before doing any distance tests especially over water. Other then this basics from me Have fun and post some good videos and stills here.

Thank .so welcoming
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sharaaznm,
  First of all, welcome to the family.  The above comments are a great place to start.  I've found the checklist to be a very good way to start.  And make sure you look at it, and follow it every time, until it becomes second nature.  If you need a sample to get started, here is a good place to start:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-109069-1-1.html

Second, Fly.  Fly a lot.  wear those batteries out.  even if you're not recording.  Many of my flights have been just for the sake of learning the quad.  No video footage at all.  That way, you learn to  control the aircraft, and become proficient at it.  Then you're able to get the best video footage, because you're not worried about flying, because it is natural.  You can now focus on the video.

Third, take a look at the names above.  Suren, Diana, A CW, Woe, Hallmark.  All of them are very active and always have sound advice.  You made a good decision coming into this forum and looking for advice/guidance.  This community and this forum has been very, very helpful to me in the first month of my new pilot life.

The best advice I can give is keep reading.  Keep learning.  There are a lot of questions/answers here that I have found that I didn't even think to ask.  It has been great in shaping how I fly and what I do when flying.  As was said earlier, you have a beast of a machine.  Don't try to find it's limits.  Learn your limits first.  Then as you stretch your own limits, you'll  get to see what the Mavic's limits are.  
Look through the forums, and you'll also find ideas of what to film, and how to get the best photos/video of it.  YouTube has a plethora of 'review/how to' videos.  You should spend a few minutes (or like me, hours) watching them.  It has helped me to get good with my quad really fast.

Be safe.  not just for you or your aircraft, but for everyone around you.  There is a lot of enjoyment for you ahead!

Have fun! Post pics/videos.
2018-5-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules