A big problem in DJI OSMO
3743 30 2018-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

hi ...I have an osmo camera .. While connected in the application , it shows it as a Inspire1 camera As the picture 1 . I also tried to update the osmo camera via sd cart but there is no response. The camera shows as shown in the second picture.  How can we solve the problem? Thank you all
1 (2).jpg
2 (2).jpg
2018-6-2
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Hi are you using DJI go or DJI go 4?, looks like DJI go 4.
'DJI go' is for osmo, osmo pro, osmo raw, osmo plus, osmo mobile etc
The 'DJI go 4' is for mavic, spark, phantom's, inspire, matrice etc
2018-6-2
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

i using dgi go for osmo
ver 3.1.38
IMG_b`ah`f`c_ae`hbh.jpg
2018-6-3
Use props
SuperDave24
New

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-6-2 22:04
Hi are you using DJI go or DJI go 4?, looks like DJI go 4.
'DJI go' is for osmo, osmo pro, osmo raw, osmo plus, osmo mobile etc
The 'DJI go 4' is for mavic, spark, phantom's, inspire, matrice etc

using regular. have installed and uninstalled everything twice. I have tried every fix on the internet so far!
2018-6-3
Use props
SuperDave24
New

Help! Check out the pic. Same problem. I can't make my videos! I have tried everything!!!
2018-6-3
Use props
SuperDave24
New

SuperDave24 Posted at 2018-6-3 09:46
Help! Check out the pic. Same problem. I can't make my videos! I have tried everything!!!

http://A
31742.jpeg
2018-6-3
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-3 04:11
i using dgi go for osmo
ver 3.1.38

Hi,
Can you swipe left to scroll across?, (before it loads the inspire camera)
Has the 'correct' firmware for the 'osmo' been loaded?
Is it showing the 'osmo wifi' when you conect

2018-6-3
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

SuperDave24 Posted at 2018-6-3 09:46

What is the firmware version on your osmo?
Do you have DJI go 4 running in back ground? if you have, close it or delete it, see if it makes any difference.
Have you tried flashing the firmware? be sure to use the 'correct' firmware for the osmo model you have.
2018-6-3
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

I used an old mobile sony experia z and showed me osmo. See photos
IMG_20180604_085909.jpg
IMG_20180604_085945.jpg
2018-6-3
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

but camera & encoder firmwear is field
IMG_20180604_085952.jpg
2018-6-3
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

After the search I found the same problem here and applied all the steps of the mentioned solution and the camera did not work

here
https://forum.dji.com/thread-63941-1-1.html
2018-6-3
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

https://forum.dji.com/thread-63941-1-1.html
2018-6-3
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

2018-6-3
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Hi, the firmware needs updating looking at the pic you posted, you have v1.10.2.60 on there now.
Have you tried to update the OSMO Firmware to v1.11.2.70?
Download from here,  https://www.dji.com/osmo/info#downloads
Format your SD card, then put the .bin file on your SD card, put the SD card into the Osmo and press the “trigger +  (red dot) record + power switch”  buttons together for about 5 seconds, your Osmo will then start updating and blinking red and green for about ten-fifteen minutes and stops.

Also is your device compatible?

iOS Version v3.1.31.
Requires  iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone  6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus,iPod touch  6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2  Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3,  iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi +  Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version  v3.1.30.
Requires  Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with LG V20, VIVO X9, OPPO R11,  Google Pixel, Nexus 6P, Huawei P9, Huawei MATE 9, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2,  Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung  Galaxy S7, Samsung  Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy  S8+, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Samsung Galaxy Note 5, MI 6, MI5.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Thanks for your help . I followed all the instructions and kept the operation until the battery died and was full and did not get a response. I think osmo did not read sd card.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-4 12:14
Thanks for your help . I followed all the instructions and kept the operation until the battery died and was full and did not get a response. I think osmo did not read sd card.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, have you tried to use a different mobile device? Like Nigelbrinkmann mention, ensure that the phone is compatible as well. Please try to reflash the firmware of your Osmo, kindly check the video below for further instruction.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

sorry ..
The problem still exists
It may be a hardware problem.
2018-6-4
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-4 12:14

What was the 'Camera Status Indicator' showing while you were tiring to flash the firmware?

2018-6-4
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-4 16:47
sorry ..
The problem still exists

Have you tried to remove the camera, and then refit it? (just to make sure it is seated properly on the handle.)
Also do you have another device to try?
2018-6-4
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-4 16:47
sorry ..
The problem still exists

Just a little tip, when you reply on the forum whoever you are replying to hit the reply button (this is on the bottom right of there post) on that persons post and type your message, this will ensure that that person you are replying to will receive a notification then they can reply to you.
2018-6-4
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-6-4 16:49
What was the 'Camera Status Indicator' showing while you were tiring to flash the firmware?

camera status indicator in this clip

2018-6-4
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-6-4 16:54
Have you tried to remove the camera, and then refit it? (just to make sure it is seated properly on the handle.)
Also do you have another device to try?

Yes I tried .. and i use sony expiria z mobile ..  It is compatible with go dji app
IMG_20180604_085909.jpg
2018-6-4
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-6-4 17:06
Just a little tip, when you reply on the forum whoever you are replying to hit the reply button (this is on the bottom right of there post) on that persons post and type your message, this will ensure that that person you are replying to will receive a notification then they can reply to you.

ok , sorry about that ..
thankyou
2018-6-4
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-4 17:19
camera status indicator in this clip

Ok, do you have any of the gimbals locked? this shouldn't make any difference really...
Can you record or take photo's using the osmo without the mobile device?
Format your SD card and put it into the osmo and turn it on then try to take a photo and a video.
Then put the SD card into you card reader and see on your PC/laptop if it records picture and videos etc.
2018-6-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-4 17:27
Yes I tried .. and i use sony expiria z mobile ..  It is compatible with go dji app

As far as I can see on the image that you provided, the Osmo is already detected, would you mind if try to access the camera section and check if you'll be getting any live feed?
2018-6-5
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2018-6-4 17:37
Ok, do you have any of the gimbals locked? this shouldn't make any difference really...
Can you record or take photo's using the osmo without the mobile device?
Format your SD card and put it into the osmo and turn it on then try to take a photo and a video.

I tried .. There is no record or image. The recording tone always sounds when i take a picture or record a video.
☹️
2018-6-5
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-5 09:15
As far as I can see on the image that you provided, the Osmo is already detected, would you mind if try to access the camera section and check if you'll be getting any live feed?

look at that .. no live showing on the mobile…
IMG_20180604_085952.jpg
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-5 13:32
look at that .. no live showing on the mobile…

I strongly suggest to try it into a different mobile device and ensure that it is a compatible device and It might be that we're having software incompatibility with the phone that you are using because as of the moment DJI hasn't tested the specific phone that we are using, however, we will keep improving our application to provide more option in regards to our compatible devices. Thank you for your understanding.
2018-6-5
Use props
Eng.ABDU
lvl.1

Saudi Arabia

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-6-5 13:46
I strongly suggest to try it into a different mobile device and ensure that it is a compatible device and It might be that we're having software incompatibility with the phone that you are using because as of the moment DJI hasn't tested the specific phone that we are using, however, we will keep improving our application to provide more option in regards to our compatible devices. Thank you for your understanding.

The problem is not from the mobile. But it is a problem from within the camera. The camera needs to be updated and there is no way except by sd cart and the camera does not read from the memory. I think this is a problem.

i will try with another device .
2018-6-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-5 13:58
The problem is not from the mobile. But it is a problem from within the camera. The camera needs to be updated and there is no way except by sd cart and the camera does not read from the memory. I think this is a problem.

If you already reformatted the SD card I would suggest using different SD card if possible.
2018-6-5
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Australia

Eng.ABDU Posted at 2018-6-5 13:58

How did  you go is it working?
If not, looking at your video the left indicator showing solid yellow, meaning a SD card error, have you tried other SD cards? Also if you can't update to the latest FW,  the osmo will have to be returned for repair as it is showing a encoder failure, this has been a issue in the past.
Contact DJI at  www.dji.com/support and return for repair.  
2018-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules