First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Probably need a faster device.
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

I am sorry for the trouble. Is this the first time that you using the DJI Go 4 app on your Samsung Tab 3? Upon checking, this Samsung Tab 3 is not included on the list of the tested and recommended devices. May I know if you have a spare device that we can use just to isolate the problem? Also, if you can share us the screenshot that showing this error will be appreciated. Please see the image below for the list of tested and recommended devices.

2018-6-6
Use props
PADS
lvl.1
Flight distance : 284055 ft
United States

The Samsung is on the list of compatible devices.
2018-6-6
Use props
PADS
lvl.1
United States

Or apparently not...
2018-6-6
Use props
PADS
lvl.1
United States

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S...
2018-6-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PADS Posted at 2018-6-6 12:58
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro S...

As per checking Samsung Tab Pro S is not included on the list:

2018-6-6
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

PADS Posted at 2018-6-6 12:54
The Samsung is on the list of compatible devices.

That's funny! ;-)

The Pro S is running Windows if I'm not wrong.
Although a powerful device it seems to be not the right device for the Go4 app.

I use the Galaxy Tab S3. That is doing pretty well.
It even can handle screen recording  while flying - that's the real big challenge for tablets.

My iPad Mini 4 gives up on these tasks...
2018-6-6
Use props
PADS
lvl.1
United States

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-6 13:42
That's funny! ;-)

Yeah... I'm not looking forward to dropping another $400 on a tablet because the word "standardization" is a concept some folks can't grasp...
2018-6-6
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

PADS Posted at 2018-6-6 13:46
Yeah... I'm not looking forward to dropping another $400 on a tablet because the word "standardization" is a concept some folks can't grasp...

That's the problem with the Go4 app. It keeps growing and growing, demanding more power on each update. My iPad Mini 4 was ideal until an update late last summer. It's unusable for me now.

It's like software + hardware manufacturers work hand-in-hand.
Keep pushing the software, make people buy new devices.
2018-6-6
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I see this same error almost every time I fly, since getting the Crystal Sky Ultra display. It's so bad that I'm thinking of going back to my old reliable Samsung Note 5.
2018-6-6
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I think that as long as DJI Go4 has a lot of the same freezes on both CrystalSky and the + displays that DJI should not claim that it is the used device just because it is not on a list of DJI tested devices.
The code in DJI Go4 simply need a lot of cleanup and optimization for all (Android ?) devices.
2018-6-6
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-6 13:42
That's funny! ;-)

S2 runs fine too and with screen recording (DURecorder) and the Note 3   but the latter has since been removed from the compatible list, go figure...
2018-6-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There is a cut off where hardware meets software, its much more evident with the Go 4 app, it wont be long before its the octa core and 3gb being the absolute minimum spec, its not just hardware though, its the versions of Android thats an issue, and not only versions but also builds, i.e. Android 7 running  a build for say Vodaphone may not work but Android 7 with a build for O2 will work, thats just an example, its not quite as cut an and dry as iOS is, then theres the many different screen sizes, take a look at the note 8 for example, stupid size or what lol
2018-6-7
Use props
Mark Weiss
Second Officer
United States

I was doing a short flight this evening and noticed right after takeoff that the video on my CS Ultra froze for a few seconds, then resumed. I flew the mission, but had several more video freezes along the way. When I landed the craft, I tried to push the video playback button to review the footage, but the touch screen wasn't responding. About 20 seconds later, I got the infamous "DJI Go 4 not responding" message. I selected Close and the entire screen went black. Then I pressed the power button after about 20 more seconds of black screen and was greeted with another error message and that one prompted for a reboot.

The two evenings prior, I flew with no glitches. Those two evenings it was 59°F outside. This evening it was 74°F. I have a hunch the lock ups correlate with ambient temperature. I'll have to wait for a hot day to really test this theory, but it seems like a little heat doesn't go well with the CS Ultra. I dread how this will behave in the upper 90s temps in the Philippines in August.

The thought is crossing my mind that I should return this device, as it's not reliable enough for flight purposes.
2018-6-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules