Ghimbal problems
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nicolae david
lvl.1
Flight distance : 34127 ft
Romania

Hello!
I own a brand new DJI Phantome 4 Advanced and I have a lot of provblems with it.

1. When starting the aircraft, the camera makes a moves as the ghimbal is warming up. The camera gets its horizontal-front possition  but after a few seconds  a noise comes out from ghimbal and it lose its position making a tilt down.The camera aim (tilt) down  a little bite (approximate 70degrees ) when it is suppossed to stay firm at 90degree (horizontaly)
2. When I fly the aircraft and I comand rotating to the left or right the camera has a tilt up and then slowly moves to the horizontal position.
3. I have tried again to auto calibrate the ghimbal but it gets stuck at 50% calibration process.
I really need help, please!

2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi and thank you for reaching DJI Forum, we regret to here you are having problems with the gimbal of your Phantom 4, may we ask if you crashed your aircraft or had a hard landing? If NO,  when was the last firmware updated you performed?
2018-6-18
Use props
nicolae david
lvl.1
Romania

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-6-18 13:16
Hi and thank you for reaching DJI Forum, we regret to here you are having problems with the gimbal of your Phantom 4, may we ask if you crashed your aircraft or had a hard landing? If NO,  when was the last firmware updated you performed?

Hello! Thank you for your quick answer. I had no crash and no such problems at all. I flew the aircraft twice (yesterday and the day before) without any problem but I have noticed that the tilt doesnt work as I wished and the same the horizont line. From here I stated looking for similar problems on the net and I found many people have the same problems. The firmware update I did couple of days ago when I start ussing it for the first time. The problem I have is same with this one from the video link below:
2018-6-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

nicolae david Posted at 2018-6-18 13:24
Hello! Thank you for your quick answer. I had no crash and no such problems at all. I flew the aircraft twice (yesterday and the day before) without any problem but I have noticed that the tilt doesnt work as I wished and the same the horizont line. From here I stated looking for similar problems on the net and I found many people have the same problems. The firmware update I did couple of days ago when I start ussing it for the first time. The problem I have is same with this one from the video link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDPHCCQcWpU

Nicolae, there is one beta firmware trying to fix the gimbal noise issue. Could you leave your DJI Account here? We'd like to help you get it and try again.
2018-6-19
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3114022 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-19 03:15
Nicolae, there is one beta firmware trying to fix the gimbal noise issue. Could you leave your DJI Account here? We'd like to help you get it and try again.

Same problem here, did you solve it?
2018-7-3
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
  • >>>

Nicolae, there is one beta firmware trying to fix the gimbal noise issue. Could you leave your DJI Account here? We'd like to help you get it and try again.

Same problem here
2018-7-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you refer to the gimbal noise issue? If yes, please kindly tell us your DJI account, we'll help you get the beta and try again.
2018-7-7
Use props
Giles G
lvl.1
France

Same problem here, gimbal noise and horizon problems when flying.
2018-7-7
Use props
Giles G
lvl.1

Does the beta firmware solve this problem ??
giles.garnham@gmail.com
2018-7-7
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-7 02:25
Do you refer to the gimbal noise issue? If yes, please kindly tell us your DJI account, we'll help you get the beta and try again.

Yes, the camera gets its horizontal-front possition  but after a few seconds  a noise comes out from ghimbal and it lose its position making a tilt down, and the firmware update did not solve the problem. I installed the beta firmware on my P4A and the problem was not fixed, now is there another step we can take to fix this?
2018-7-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Giles G Posted at 2018-7-7 21:11
Does the beta firmware solve this problem ??

Received with thanks! I'll help you get the beta and try later.
2018-7-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mircea Posted at 2018-7-8 01:32
Yes, the camera gets its horizontal-front possition  but after a few seconds  a noise comes out from ghimbal and it lose its position making a tilt down, and the firmware update did not solve the problem. I installed the beta firmware on my P4A and the problem was not fixed, now is there another step we can take to fix this?

Mircea, just to verify, the beta was installed successful and the gimbal noise has gone, right? As for the gimbal horizontal issue, does it appear in every flight? Have you tried to reset the camera settings and calibrate the gimbal successfully?
2018-7-9
Use props
metzger208
lvl.1
United States

I have a DJI Phantom 4 advanced and update the firmware today. After doing so I calibrated the joystick then took it for a flight and within 30 seconds the camera started ahking back and forth and said gimbal overload. Also the drone beeps while the camera wiggles back and forth. I tried a gimbal calibration and it said it completed it but it still does the same thing. I tried again and it stops at 50% and will not finish.
Unit has not been crashed. Worked fine an hour before the firmware update. Unit is a week old.
I hear there may be a beta update that might correct the issue?
account is dmetzger20875@gmail.com
Thanks for any help.
If this does not work what is the next step where it is a week old.
2018-7-12
Use props
metzger208
lvl.1
United States

metzger208 Posted at 2018-7-12 20:50
I have a DJI Phantom 4 advanced and update the firmware today. After doing so I calibrated the joystick then took it for a flight and within 30 seconds the camera started ahking back and forth and said gimbal overload. Also the drone beeps while the camera wiggles back and forth. I tried a gimbal calibration and it said it completed it but it still does the same thing. I tried again and it stops at 50% and will not finish.
Unit has not been crashed. Worked fine an hour before the firmware update. Unit is a week old.
I hear there may be a beta update that might correct the issue?

No one from the admin has answered yet can someone please send me some kind of info to help me out. I got an email back saying send the drone in but it is 7 days old. This is crazy for a 1200 dollar drone.
Does the beta software fix the gimbal problem or not?
2018-7-15
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-9 00:30
Mircea, just to verify, the beta was installed successful and the gimbal noise has gone, right? As for the gimbal horizontal issue, does it appear in every flight? Have you tried to reset the camera settings and calibrate the gimbal successfully?

Hello! The beta was installed successful but the gimbal noise has not gone. As for the gimbal horizontal issue it appears at every flight, and it appears also when I change PAL to NTSC standard.  I did calibrate all the sensors of the drone.  And the reset of the settings did not solve anything.
2018-7-15
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
  • >>>

Mircea Posted at 2018-7-15 10:43
Hello! The beta was installed successful but the gimbal noise has not gone. As for the gimbal horizontal issue it appears at every flight, and it appears also when I change PAL to NTSC standard.  I did calibrate all the sensors of the drone.  And the reset of the settings did not solve anything.

????????????????
2018-7-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

metzger208 Posted at 2018-7-15 05:59
No one from the admin has answered yet can someone please send me some kind of info to help me out. I got an email back saying send the drone in but it is 7 days old. This is crazy for a 1200 dollar drone.
Does the beta software fix the gimbal problem or not?

Sorry for the late response. I just read your comment and have forwarded to the right team to add you in. The beta is estimated to be ready around 1-2 working days, please have a try when you received it.
BTW, it is recommended to click the reply button under my message so that I can get the reminder and handle it timely, thanks!
2018-7-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mircea, thanks for the clarification. Could you upload the issue video and the screenshot of About page? We'd like to check and see whether it can be figured out remotely.
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_75vMnYhiTyON
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi DJI susan, i have the same problem to my brand new open box Phantom 4 advanced.. can you send me beta firmware?

My email : ********@gmail.com
2018-7-20
Use props
djiuser_75vMnYhiTyON
lvl.1
Indonesia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 00:23
Mircea, thanks for the clarification. Could you upload the issue video and the screenshot of About page? We'd like to check and see whether it can be figured out remotely.

Hi susan, i have the same problem.. could you send me the beta firmware?

my email :*********@gmail.com
2018-7-20
Use props
Mircea
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-20 00:23

The problem I have is same with this one from the video link below:
2018-7-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_75vMnYhiTyON Posted at 2018-7-20 18:04
Hi susan, i have the same problem.. could you send me the beta firmware?

my email :

I've read your comments on this post: https://forum.dji.com/thread-116651-3-1.html
Please keep us posted there, thank you! Also, I've edited the comment with the email address to avoid troubles, please kindly note.
2018-7-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mircea Posted at 2018-7-21 06:32
The problem I have is same with this one from the video link below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=LDPHCCQcWpU

Mircea, so the current firmware is 01.00.0800, right? If updating to the beta successfully and the issue remains, I sincerely suggest you send the unit for fully diagnosis. You may start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-7-23
Use props
nicolaedavid
lvl.1
Romania

Mircea Posted at 2018-7-3 04:28
Same problem here, did you solve it?

I sent my Phantom Advanced to the repair service and they fixed it.  Soon after that my drone couldn't be used because the image  transmission was always broken so that I have sent it again to the repair service in Germany. Yesterday I've got it back but nothing fixed. They only replaced the RC but the drone has the same behaviour. Doesn't transmit any image to the phone. I fell like very frustrated to buy a drone and not to be able to use it.
2018-9-20
Use props
djiuser_FsPd7zzevDOl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 38717 ft
United States

I'm having the same problem.  I hope you will see this, I don't see a reply button.  My email is timmyshane82@gmail.com
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_FsPd7zzevDOl
lvl.1
United States

Nicolae, there is one beta firmware trying to fix the gimbal noise issue. Could you leave your DJI Account here? We'd like to help you get it and try again.

Im having the same gimbal noise and wandering after starting up as in the thread gimbal problems on DJI Phantom 4 advanced.  I'm having the same problem and I don't know if your will see my comment on there so if the beta fixed it my email is timmyshane82@gmail.com
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FsPd7zzevDOl Posted at 2018-10-22 20:56
Im having the same gimbal noise and wandering after starting up as in the thread gimbal problems on DJI Phantom 4 advanced.  I'm having the same problem and I don't know if your will see my comment on there so if the beta fixed it my email is timmyshane82@gmail.com

Received with thanks! I've forwarded to the team and add you to the beta list. It will be available around 1-2 working days, you may check and have a try later.
2018-10-24
Use props
3heavensdrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-24 00:16
Received with thanks! I've forwarded to the team and add you to the beta list. It will be available around 1-2 working days, you may check and have a try later.

Thank you for your response!  I will be looking for it.
2018-10-24
Use props
3heavensdrones
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-23 00:30
Mircea, so the current firmware is 01.00.0800, right? If updating to the beta successfully and the issue remains, I sincerely suggest you send the unit for fully diagnosis. You may start a case from here: https://www.dji.com/support

The beta did not solve the problem.  I'm not sure if this is a mechanical or software problem.  I think it the firmware because before it completely starts up it responds and acks normal even going between forward facing and downward facing camera how it should, then all the sudden it starts a drunken slow dance.  I have tried to fly it and it is sloppy and always acts like FPV mode even when it in follow.  anyways here's the video.
2018-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

3heavensdrones Posted at 2018-10-24 19:44
The beta did not solve the problem.  I'm not sure if this is a mechanical or software problem.  I think it the firmware because before it completely starts up it responds and acks normal even going between forward facing and downward facing camera how it should, then all the sudden it starts a drunken slow dance.  I have tried to fly it and it is sloppy and always acts like FPV mode even when it in follow.  anyways here'shttps://youtu.be/1J0l60265rc the video.

Thanks for getting back to us. Just to verify, the firmware update is successful, right? You may try to calibrate the gimbal camera to see whether it works. If the issue persists, I'm afraid that it cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support Sorry about this.
2018-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules