Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteelTallon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 204094 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi,
I am contemplating selling my Spark to a Co-Worker. If I do sell it, is there something I need to do to transfer ownership on the DJI / APP side of  things?
2018-6-28
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hi SteelTallon. There's really not so much you could do. This thread discusses the same thing: https://forum.dji.com/thread-125253-1-1.html
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Let me just remind you that we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently. In case the new owner wants to claim the warranty we need the receipt from the original owner. Kindly DM me the screenshot that you agreed to transfer the account. Please check the attachment below.

2018-6-28
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-28 07:38
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Let me just remind you that we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently. In case the new owner wants to claim the warranty we need the receipt from the original owner. Kindly DM me the screenshot that you agreed to transfer the account. Please check the attachment below.
[view_image]

Will this process mess up my Mavic Pro account?
2018-6-28
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-6-28 07:38
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Let me just remind you that we can only transfer DJI credits but the rest of the information will be deleted permanently. In case the new owner wants to claim the warranty we need the receipt from the original owner. Kindly DM me the screenshot that you agreed to transfer the account. Please check the attachment below.
[view_image]

I don't think I want him to take my account.  I can't just change ownership of the Spark to him, and leave my account intact?  I have a Mavic Pro, and Osmo still and want to continue to use this account.
2018-6-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

SteelTallon Posted at 2018-6-28 08:01
I don't think I want him to take my account.  I can't just change ownership of the Spark to him, and leave my account intact?  I have a Mavic Pro, and Osmo still and want to continue to use this account.

SteelTallon is Right. He will be handling his account to the Buyer.

What you must do is make a New Account for each Drone, so that if you sell it you close that Account.

eg. SteelTallon01 (For Spark) SteelTallon02 (For Mavic Air) SteelTallon03 (For Mavic Pro) Etc.... I also register a New Email Address according to the Drone Number - eg. steeltallon01@hotmail.com or steeltallonspark@hotmail.com. Usually the email will never be used but I still save the Passwords just in case I need to check the email.

I don't use the Drone Accounts, chat or post from them. They sit there just for each Drone. Thats why in my Account you cannot see my Drones.

Until DJI will make a simple procedure to De-Activate the Drone to change Ownership.

Many Sell their Drones and still the Drone Icon doesn't get removed under their Avatar, as it will be still registered on the First Owner.

2018-6-28
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 08:36
SteelTallon is Right. He will be handling his account to the Buyer.

What you must do is make a New Account for each Drone, so that if you sell it you close that Account.

Good to know for the future.  I guess my co-worker could just go through me if he needs support or something.  It doesn't really bother me if it stays on my account.  I was thinking more about him, or if I sell to someone I don't know.
2018-6-28
Use props
DMX_MT
First Officer
Malta

SteelTallon Posted at 2018-6-28 08:47
Good to know for the future.  I guess my co-worker could just go through me if he needs support or something.  It doesn't really bother me if it stays on my account.  I was thinking more about him, or if I sell to someone I don't know.

Steel just in case do a piece of paper where you state that you sold your Spark to him with the Serial Number written, so just in case he has an Accident or does something Against the Law the FAA won't recall you as being the Registered Owner.  If FAA accepts change of Ownership then you have no trouble with the Law Enforcement.

The only thing he will not have is the Spark Icon under his Avatar. For me it doesn't make a difference to have them on seperate accounts.

If you need anything let me know Buddy !

2018-6-28
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DMX_MT Posted at 2018-6-28 08:58
Steel just in case do a piece of paper where you state that you sold your Spark to him with the Serial Number written, so just in case he has an Accident or does something Against the Law the FAA won't recall you as being the Registered Owner.  If FAA accepts change of Ownership then you have no trouble with the Law Enforcement.

The only thing he will not have is the Spark Icon under his Avatar. For me it doesn't make a difference to have them on seperate accounts.

Thanks!

We were just talking about the FAA and it better not come back to me if he does something stupid..lol
2018-6-28
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

SteelTallon Posted at 2018-6-28 09:48
Thanks!

We were just talking about the FAA and it better not come back to me if he does something stupid..lol

You can go into your sUAS registry portal on the FAA website
& cancel the registration for that drone. There is a pull down
that asks for the reason to cancel & one of them is that you
sold it.

I did one a few weeks ago.

John
2018-6-28
Use props
SteelTallon
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Johnny C! Posted at 2018-6-28 10:26
You can go into your sUAS registry portal on the FAA website
& cancel the registration for that drone. There is a pull down
that asks for the reason to cancel & one of them is that you

I'm a recreation pilot, so my number is for me. not just that drone.  But, what I don't want happening is it coming back to me through DJI's serial number after I sell it.  
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

SteelTallon Posted at 2018-6-28 07:52
Will this process mess up my Mavic Pro account?

Hello. If the unit was activated under your DJI Account, the info cannot be changed. The new owner can not access the activation for a second-hand unit, and it will not affect the warranty, no worries. This will not also affect your Mavic Pro account. The folks who purchase your drone will only need to register his/her own DJI account and the drone can be used normally. By the way, don't forget to sweep off your files on the SD card if you are going to sell the entire drone unit.
2018-6-28
Use props
Johnny C!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44839 ft
United States

SteelTallon Posted at 2018-6-28 10:32
I'm a recreation pilot, so my number is for me. not just that drone.  But, what I don't want happening is it coming back to me through DJI's serial number after I sell it.

2018-6-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules