Everything but 1080p video blury / unfocused?
1335 22 2018-6-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FarmerMac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1215079 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

Hey Dronies.

Resently i got this problem, that everything but 1080p I record is some kind of blury or unfocused.
I dont think its related to firmware/software issue, because I tried to factory reset, downgrade and
upgrade several times. The problem is the same whatever FW/SW I use.
Is this a know issue or what can be wrong?

/FarmerMac

2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. Sorry for this trouble. Kindly provide us a sample video so that we can further review it? Thank you.
2018-6-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-28 10:13
Hello. Sorry for this trouble. Kindly provide us a sample video so that we can further review it? Thank you.

Hi Natalia..

Thanks for answering

Here is 3 clips made handheld in my garden.
All 3 clips with same settings except resolution ;)

2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-6-28 11:58
Hi Natalia..

Thanks for answering

Thank you for your response. Did you get the videos directly from the SD card?
2018-6-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-28 12:10
Thank you for your response. Did you get the videos directly from the SD card?

Hi again.

Yes. The videos is from the SD card in the P4P.
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-6-28 12:21
Hi again.

Yes. The videos is from the SD card in the P4P.

Have you tried reformatting the SD card? If yes, can you try using different SD card to isolate the issues? Then record another video and see the difference.
2018-6-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-6-28 12:29
Have you tried reformatting the SD card? If yes, can you try using different SD card to isolate the issues? Then record another video and see the difference.

Already tried that with 4 different cards. It didn’t help.
What do you think about the difference between my 3 clips. Can you see the problem?
2018-6-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-6-28 12:35
Already tried that with 4 different cards. It didn’t help.
What do you think about the difference between my 3 clips. Can you see the problem?

Your samples aren't very good for the purpose.
They are mostly fine detail of thousands of leaves that are going to look fuzzy because of image compression.
They are in low light
Everything is moving.
They have lots of details within 1-2 metres of the lens where focus will matter.
All of those factors are going to make your sample look blurry.

Get your drone up in the air with well lit subjects with clear detail at a distance of 10 metres or more
2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi FarmerMac, as Labroides mentioned, these samples are not very good for the purpose. Could you export the original videos in SD card and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link here? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-6-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Labroides Posted at 2018-6-28 14:24
Your samples aren't very good for the purpose.
They are mostly fine detail of thousands of leaves that are going to look fuzzy because of image compression.
They are in low light

Hey Labroids.

It makes good sense what you are saying. I’ll have to wait until Saturday because of high wind conditions today.
Then I’ll make a 1080p and 2K video sample of the job I’m going to shoot.

It’s a small outdoor area with a lot of high voltage units and wires that I have to make a “flyby” video of in a altitude of about 16 meters.  Hope this will show the issue much more clearer.
2018-6-28
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-6-28 19:07
Hi FarmerMac, as Labroides mentioned, these samples are not very good for the purpose. Could you export the original videos in SD card and upload to Dropbox or Google Drive, then share the link here? We'd like to check the exact status.

Hey Susan.
Thanks for replying

You can try take a look at this clip:

2K 50 fps with 1/100 shutter speed - Altitude ~16mtr EV= 0.3+

As mentioned Ill try make two almost identical clips. One in 1080p and another in 2K on Saturday, but Im sure You can see what I mean when looking at this clip im sharing here.
2018-6-28
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-6-28 21:09
Hey Susan.
Thanks for replying

That's funny!
I just imagine your drone crashes into one of these electrical things.
They might have to switch off power for the whole town to pull out the remains. Could get you in some real trouble ;-)

You have a focus problem. It's slighly out of focus and not crisp + clear. Are you using some 3rd party filters?
I guess you were flying with auto focus. As a next step I would try manual focus.
Set it to infinity by wiping all the way down.

You could also shoot a RAW (DNG) photo and provide it the same way as you did with the video.
If you do have a camera/lens problem it will show on photos and can be easier determined that way.

Note that you can only shoot RAW if video recording is off.

2018-6-29
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-29 11:53
That's funny!
I just imagine your drone crashes into one of these electrical things.
They might have to switch off power for the whole town to pull out the remains. Could get you in some real trouble ;-)

Hi Eric.

Thanks for your comment.
I wont get in any trouble. That’s for sure, because I know what to do. I’m instructed and certified
To work at these locations ;)
I have tested by making some stills in RAW, and they are crisp and fine. I’m sure it must be a settings
Problem.
Ill go test tomorrow (saturday), with an additional P4P. Then let’s see how things goes this time.
2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hey Susan.
Thanks for replying

Is that from the SD card?? cause ths flat roof looks like its in 720p at the very most, its very artifacty (is that a word???) ok, it wouldnt account for the blurryness (is that even a word lol)  Do you have auto focus on (top right on screen) ? do you have auto focus assist  (camera settings) on?
2018-6-29
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2018-6-29 11:53
That's funny!
I just imagine your drone crashes into one of these electrical things.

I was thinking the exact same, ok, thats a lie, i was more selfishly thinking dont hurt my drone lol
2018-6-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

That is the kind of recording that should stop the claims that power lines, even regular small house supplying ones would cause all kind of interferrence we hear again and again.
Best luck for getting your issue fixed.
2018-6-29
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

KedDK Posted at 2018-6-29 21:18
That is the kind of recording that should stop the claims that power lines, even regular small house supplying ones would cause all kind of interferrence we hear again and again.
Best luck for getting your issue fixed.

Thanks mate.

Yea, it’s not that dangerous flying close to areas like this
one. Often I fly much closer (3-5 meters) to 60kV components, trafos etc. the P4P is flying rock solid with no interference at all.
Off cause I fly with permission. 60kV powerlines is no problem either. Soon I’ll go fly on 150kV an 400kV.

About the focus problem.....
Before I went out doing my job today, I issued another factory default and upgraded AC and RC to latest firmware one more time. After this 3 or 4’th time the focus started to function as intended to.
I completed 6 jobs with no issues anymore so that’s just great.
I can’t tell what the actual problem was other than it must have been related to firmware problems.
2018-6-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hey Susan.
Thanks for replying

Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry we can not access the one drive link you offered. Would you mind uploading to Dropbox or Google Drive directly?

Alternatively, you can try to reset the camera settings and remove the filters to see whether there is any difference.
2018-7-1
Use props
FarmerMac
Second Officer
  • >>>
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-7-1 00:51
Thanks for getting back to us. We're sorry we can not access the one drive link you offered. Would you mind uploading to Dropbox or Google Drive directly?

Alternatively, you can try to reset the camera settings and remove the filters to see whether there is any difference.

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... KF0JxvznHCKtiIn4ybO

2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FarmerMac Posted at 2018-7-2 03:26
https://drive.google.com/open?id=15rDa5bfMcQqBRKF0JxvznHCKtiIn4ybO

Received with thanks! I'll forward to our engineers for further review.
2018-7-7
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi FarmerMac, just to verify, all videos are blurred, only the 1080p video plays well, right? We've checked the previous link you offered, the video plays well. Could you confirm and light us?
2018-7-12
Use props
MikeP Drone
New

Hi Susan,

I am a new Phantom 4 user and did a lot of research prior to post but it seems I am having same issue than lots of people here about blurriness of images.
I have the new Phantom 4 (not the Pro one) and downloaded the DJI IOS app from 22.09.2018 which is the most recent one. I am using it on an Iphone 5 SE running IOS 12.

Since 5 years, I shoot for my needs mostly in 1080p 120FPS with the drone holding position, so no big camera movements that can explain blurriness sometimes.

Actually it really looks like the image is fully out of focus and I don't even have the option to adapt and play with the focus anywhere on the DJI app, meaning I read many posts on how to play with focus but it seems that the option has completely disapeared from teh settings with the newer version of the app :

Here is an example of blurriness, on the right side of the image the white shoes are completely blurry howevere they don't move and the drone is stationary, it's often on the right side of the image that I see that blurriness and it depends on shots this is why I think it's just a matter of finding the right focus settings but they are missing and I am used to Gopro image quality which is always crystal clear and crisps and never has these big blurry/fuzzy parts.

Thx in advance for reply :-) :-)

2018-9-24
Use props
Bartiflier
lvl.2

United Kingdom

@FarmerMac actually the 2.7k and 4k videos are the only ones that are working properly.

Oversharpness is not a substitute for detail, although it took a while to realise what the problem was.

See the video evidence here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-139532-1-1.html

This was later confirmed by DJI in another thread (see the link in that thread, then read down a few posts) as a great big fat hairy bug that hadn't been spotted because people thought "sharpness" = detail. Nope, it just gives you horrible lines on contrasting edges.

It's never been fixed, so the only usable mode is really 4k @30/25/24 with -2,-1,0 in D-Cinelike. It's fine, as it gives great results, east to grade, no moire patterns, no blowouts or harsh shadows.  You could also use 2.7k, but why would you want to lose the ability to crop in?
2018-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules