1819 8 2018-7-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
xp-38
lvl.1
Flight distance : 162493 ft
Switzerland

Dear all,

I've have been looking all over to find the output specifications of the HDMI-port on the Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0, but I haven't found anything.

What I would like to know:

– What are the selectable output resolutions?
– What are the selectable output framerates?
– Is the signal clean or overlayed or selectable for both?
– Is it possible to set the transmission channels manually?
– If yes, what are the selectable bandwidths?

Any help is highly appreciated, thank you!

2018-7-4
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

As there has been nothing telling that the HDMI specs has changed on the V2.0 this post might answer most of your questions.

Those simply make no sense to me, HDMI is a wired connection, what transmission channels/bandwidths are you asking about?
2018-7-5
Use props
xp-38
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thanks KedDK! I guess it would be safe to assume that those specs haven't been changed from the previous P4P+, so thanks for that!

Sorry for not being clear on my question:

Transmission channels: What I'm trying to achieve is a clean live feed (no OSD-overlays) from the camera view off the HDMI output. In order to adjust the transmission quality, I've seen that the P4P+ is able to adjust the transmission from the drone to the controller manually, i.e. adjusting the transmission channels manually (HD > Image Transmission Settings). What I wanted to know is, if this is still possible.

Selectable bandwidth: And if the manual channel selection is still possible, what – if any – are selectable bandwidths? The P4P+ offers four options: 4MBit/s, 6MBit/s, 8MBit/s, 10Mbit. Are these still avaiable for the P4P+ V2.0?

Thanks so much!
2018-7-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

xp-38 Posted at 2018-7-5 05:29
Thanks KedDK! I guess it would be safe to assume that those specs haven't been changed from the previous P4P+, so thanks for that!

Sorry for not being clear on my question:

There was some talk of this but i can't locate the thread. To my best understanding it is still there as it sometimes is needed to lower the data amount on long distance flights but being OcuSync there might be some different speeds.
Post a question of this specific doubt in a new thread or in the firmware release threads for the P4P V2.0 and GL300K and ask for the specific settings possibilities if not anyone bid in here.
2018-7-5
Use props
MikaelW
New
Sweden

It seems that the OSD issue is back with v2.0. (Did it ever get solved in P4P+?) I have a P4P+ V2.0 that is only a week old and fully updated and no OSD on/off function where I have looked at least. HDMI output is pretty useless for live feeds whith all the OSD information left on the screen, which is the sole purpose for which a baught it. Thank you for that DJI!
2018-7-8
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

MikaelW Posted at 2018-7-8 23:07
It seems that the OSD issue is back with v2.0. (Did it ever get solved in P4P+?) I have a P4P+ V2.0 that is only a week old and fully updated and no OSD on/off function where I have looked at least. HDMI output is pretty useless for live feeds whith all the OSD information left on the screen, which is the sole purpose for which a baught it. Thank you for that DJI!

Look in the HD menu when HDMI is enabled, that's where it hide on mine (non V2.0).

Edit: As also i wrote in the link from #2.

2018-7-9
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

MikaelW Posted at 2018-7-8 23:07
It seems that the OSD issue is back with v2.0. (Did it ever get solved in P4P+?) I have a P4P+ V2.0 that is only a week old and fully updated and no OSD on/off function where I have looked at least. HDMI output is pretty useless for live feeds whith all the OSD information left on the screen, which is the sole purpose for which a baught it. Thank you for that DJI!

Another thing to notice is that the popup messages appear on the HDMI even with the OSD overlay turned off.
I'll call this a bad bug, specially with all the false high wind warnings, not sure is they are the same plague on the V2.0.
2018-7-9
Use props
xp-38
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi all,

I've just got my Phantom 4 Pro+ V2.0 and I have no possibility to switch off the OSD on the HDMI output, I don't even have that option. Also, I cannot select the bandwith manually like in the legacy Phantom 4 Pro+.

Any thoughts on this anyone?
2018-7-12
Use props
xp-38
lvl.1
Switzerland

And to answer my initial questions:

– What are the selectable output resolutions?
Up to UHD (3840 x 2160)

– What are the selectable output framerates?
NTSC and PAL region compliant framerates

– Is the signal clean or overlayed or selectable for both?
As far as I know by now (and with a side-by-side comparison with a DJI Phantom 4 Pro+) and with the current firmware (available on 12th July 2018) it is NOT possible to have a clean HDMI-output signal. OSD is in the signal and cannot be removed.

No. Only the band (2.4Ghz or 5.8 Ghz)

None, they are not selectable

Hope this helps anyone down the road.
2018-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules