How do I roll back to a previous version?
4217 7 2018-7-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

I have a DJI Mavic Pro. I use it with an Android. I see that DJI has now admitted to pixelation and lag problems with Androids and suggested rolling back to a previous version.

Could someone post some clear instructions on this rollback? Please cover the following questions.

1) Do I start by uninstalling the DJI Go 4 app?
2) Do I then reinstall an old version? How do I do that on an Android?
3) Should I uninstall DJI Go also? (NOTE: I use DJI Go with my DJI Gimbal)
4) Do I block auto-updates? How do I do that?
2018-7-27
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You do not need to uninstall DJI GO first. Just download the APK for the version of DJI GO you like to install and execute it. You can find detailed instructions here.

Also, you can find tips to make your Android device run better here.

2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

Where did you see that DJI admitted to it?  
2018-7-27
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

Maybe I am making some false assumptions here, but DJI Natalia (who I assume works for DJI) confesses to mistakes in this post and says that they are working on a solution.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.html
FWIW, I went to DJI Support on Facebook and they did not deny the problems, but similarly asked me to roll back my version. I have done so and need to test it out tonight.
2018-7-27
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

FWIW, I also have a small iTouch and that still works great with my drone. DJI's first priority seems to be Apple.
2018-7-27
Use props
FrequentC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 158770 ft
United States

Global Villager Posted at 2018-7-27 07:01
Maybe I am making some false assumptions here, but DJI Natalia (who I assume works for DJI) confesses to mistakes in this post and says that they are working on a solution.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-156579-1-1.html
FWIW, I went to DJI Support on Facebook and they did not deny the problems, but similarly asked me to roll back my version. I have done so and need to test it out tonight.

Thank you for the link
2018-7-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, may we have the model of your phone? are you getting any error message under DJI GO 4 app? would it be possible if you can upload a short video of the issue? you can use google drive or drop-box then provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-7-28
Use props
Global Villager
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-7-28 06:07
Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, may we have the model of your phone? are you getting any error message under DJI GO 4 app? would it be possible if you can upload a short video of the issue? you can use google drive or drop-box then provide the link here. Thank you.

I have a Nexus 6P. The drone is unusable due to pixelation and lag issues. I have rolled back to old version as requested and now it says NFZ. To be super clear, I am NOT in a no-fly zone.  If I log on with an up-to-date Android version, it does not say NFZ. If I log on with an Apple product, it does not say NFZ. Just this rolled back Android version says NFZ. Once again, the drone is unusable.

What do you want a video of? My phone saying NFZ? The pixelation and lag? I would need to update again to get that. There are a zillion pixelation and lag examples on the web. DJI is aware of this problem.
2018-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules