DJI Spark Remote red light flashing
6648 18 2018-8-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Marceloh58
lvl.1
Austria

Hello dear Forum users.
I planned to make a flight today, started everything then I made a firmware update for the RC.
At 10% the update suddenly stopped, so i wanted to try again. I turned off the Drone, the RC and turned on both again then.

But when i started the RC I couldn't find the RC in my Wifi phone settings, the red LED is flashing all the time.

I tried nearly everything i found on the Internet, reset, couple and de-couple. (i flew the drone then without the RC, just with the Iphone and that worked)

So maybe the problem is that there are software problems on my RC..

Please help me!

Thanks, Marcel.

2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, may I know the current firmware of the remote controller? Do you have a different mobile device to try so that we can isolate the issue? Is your remote controller linked to your aircraft or linking process doesn't work? Can you provide a  sample video so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.
2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Try an otg cable, also!
2018-8-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

You might have terminated the RC firmware update prematurely.  Try to connect your RC using the DJI Assistance software and see if you can recover it from there and finish the update.  Let us know how you finally resolved it. Thanks
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-8-3 08:31
You might have terminated the RC firmware update prematurely.  Try to connect your RC using the DJI Assistance software and see if you can recover it from there and finish the update.  Let us know how you finally resolved it. Thanks

Unfortunately, the RC can only be updated with DJI Go 4 and you cannot use DJI Assistant 2 to update the RC of the spark.
2018-8-3
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-3 08:48
Unfortunately, the RC can only be updated with DJI Go 4 and you cannot use DJI Assistant 2 to update the RC of the spark.

well that sucks   I've always upgraded my devices via app.  The DJI Assistance never worked for me and gave up.  Good to know it doesn't work for updating the remote.

thanks
2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Sparky_17 Posted at 2018-8-3 08:51
well that sucks   I've always upgraded my devices via app.  The DJI Assistance never worked for me and gave up.  Good to know it doesn't work for updating the remote.

thanks

You can upgrade the firmware of your Spark using DJI Assistant 2. It is possible that your firewall or antivirus software is on that's why it is not working or the cable that you are using maybe damage. Sometimes, the issue could be a missing driver's of your PC. May I know what is the main problem connecting it to your PC? Did you receive an error message? What PC are you using? Thanks for your support.
2018-8-3
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

I suggest to update the fw of Spark via cable from a computer, assistant 2
And after, if on android, update the RC via cable from the device, too!
Also to try a cabel, if the RC update via wifi failed.
2018-8-3
Use props
Marceloh58
lvl.1
Austria

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-8-3 07:25
Sorry for the inconvenience. Just to verify, may I know the current firmware of the remote controller? Do you have a different mobile device to try so that we can isolate the issue? Is your remote controller linked to your aircraft or linking process doesn't work? Can you provide a  sample video so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

Hello! I can try to make the video tomorrow or on sunday!
Where can i find my current firmware of my controller?
The only device is my iPhone7, i tried to find WIFI with my sisters phone too, didn't work.. Thanks for your quick answer!
2018-8-3
Use props
Marceloh58
lvl.1
Austria

I'm sure now if there would be any way to update my RC/finish the update it would work.

Does someone know if it is possible, to Update the RC without the app?

2018-8-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Marceloh58 Posted at 2018-8-3 11:07
I'm sure now if there would be any way to update my RC/finish the update it would work.

Does someone know if it is possible, to Update the RC without the app?

Hi there, as of the moment, You can only update the firmware of the RC via APP.
2018-8-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Marceloh58 Posted at 2018-8-3 11:04
Hello! I can try to make the video tomorrow or on sunday!
Where can i find my current firmware of my controller?
The only device is my iPhone7, i tried to find WIFI with my sisters phone too, didn't work.. Thanks for your quick answer!

Ok, we will wait for the video. You can check the firmware of the RC by entering the general setting- about and check the firmware info. If your RC is not the latest firmware, app will remind you. Please pay attention to the message. Thanks for your support.
2018-8-4
Use props
Marceloh58
lvl.1
Austria

Hey guys!
Sorry I stay longer on vacation and the drone is at home.. so the video in a few days. But thanks!
2018-8-6
Use props
warlex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54793 ft
Ecuador

So i have a similar issue, when i turned on the RC, the device just keeps blinking Red (no sounds), and the Wifi SSID is not broadcasting at all, i tried several devices (2 Android Galaxy S6 and Sony Xperia + 2 IOS devices Ipad mini 2 and Iphone 6 plus), and they cant detect the RC at all, i try to connect via wired OTG connection, without luck (the devices didn´t recognize at all the RC), so i try all the methods explained online (9 sec power button / Pause + Power On sequence / FN + Power + C1 at the same time), nothing works.

Please if someone can share his own experience on this issue and if they can explain how they solve it (if they did someway). Thanks
2018-8-6
Use props
warlex
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54793 ft
Ecuador

warlex Posted at 2018-8-6 12:11
So i have a similar issue, when i turned on the RC, the device just keeps blinking Red (no sounds), and the Wifi SSID is not broadcasting at all, i tried several devices (2 Android Galaxy S6 and Sony Xperia + 2 IOS devices Ipad mini 2 and Iphone 6 plus), and they cant detect the RC at all, i try to connect via wired OTG connection, without luck (the devices didn´t recognize at all the RC), so i try all the methods explained online (9 sec power button / Pause + Power On sequence / FN + Power + C1 at the same time), nothing works.

Please if someone can share his own experience on this issue and if they can explain how they solve it (if they did someway). Thanks

By the way the problem occurs when i was trying to update the RC, but it finished with an error and the screen said that i have to reboot the device. before the reboot nothing the wifi is dead...
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

warlex Posted at 2018-8-6 12:11
So i have a similar issue, when i turned on the RC, the device just keeps blinking Red (no sounds), and the Wifi SSID is not broadcasting at all, i tried several devices (2 Android Galaxy S6 and Sony Xperia + 2 IOS devices Ipad mini 2 and Iphone 6 plus), and they cant detect the RC at all, i try to connect via wired OTG connection, without luck (the devices didn´t recognize at all the RC), so i try all the methods explained online (9 sec power button / Pause + Power On sequence / FN + Power + C1 at the same time), nothing works.

Please if someone can share his own experience on this issue and if they can explain how they solve it (if they did someway). Thanks

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused, may I know what happens to your RC prior to this issue? Where did you purchase the unit?
2018-8-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Bricked RC. I see more and more posts with this, and only sollution is a swap with new unit under waranty..untill someone finds out a hack..
I read something about a reset button inside controller, but getting to it woids waranty..
2018-8-7
Use props
Joller79 DK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26447 ft
Denmark

Read post #5 here.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-133129-1-1.html

When i updated my rc last week, it was the only thing on, not the spark... Could be the rc gets confused?
2018-8-7
Use props
Helios1601
New
Denmark

Hi   ... I am having the exact same problem.

I bought my Spark in August 2018, and when I started it up the very first time it said that there were updates available for both the Spark itself and the RC as well, I linked my Spark to my computer and the update finished very quickly, but then I started the RC update by connecting to my phone/wi-fi/dji-go app, and after a few minutes it also stopped updating, messaging in the display that the update was faulty, and when i tried to re-boot my RC it couldn´t be found on any ssid/wifi anymore, the led light just blinks red and trying to do various resets etc doesn´t work either.

So PLEASE tell me, is there some other way of troubleshooting that is possible to do myself, or do I need to return the controller for a swap????
I love flying with the Spark, but I´ve only flewn it by phone/app so far

If anyone has an idea on how to fix the RC issue, then please let me know asap, as now the weather is finally beginning to become good again for flying the Spark, and I am also planning to go traveling soon and would love to bring the Spark with me, but it´s nearly hopeless to fly it with the phone only,as the wi-fi doesn´t allow anywhere near the distance that has been adverticed in the information on the Spark, otherwise I would have bought another type of drone instead of a DJI drone.
2019-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules