What's the best Android Tablet to use with the P4P V 2.0
3410 20 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DougW
lvl.2

I already have two tablets that either give me broken up screen lag so bad I can not fly using the screen on the Lenovo or with the Samsung I take off and then loose signal as soon as it reaches 4 feet off the ground. Every single time. I have changed the cable and still no difference.

Really want to be able to fly this. Was my sons birthday present (yesterday) and we can't get it over 4 feet off the ground. Help Please - what should I buy to be able to use this bird as it was intended to be used? Tks

2018-8-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of commonly used mobile devices here. Before switching to a new mobile device, you can try these tips to ensure both your mobile devices and DJI GO are set up to run as efficiently as possible.

2018-8-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The folks flying with the Huawei M3 or M5 are all finding no problems.
These are great tablets for flying with the Go 4 app.
2018-8-22
Use props
natnatroswell
lvl.3

United States

Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Huawei M3, Huawei M5 and Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus.
2018-8-22
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I use a  Huawei M3, a great tablet, user recommended, even though its not by DJI, crazy!! - I really think there should be a USER recommended list of Android devices as DJI don't really like Android it feels like, with the lack of tablets on their list, iOS version of the GoApp upgrades listed first, & no GroundStation Pro app yet on Android. - HayHo!
2018-8-22
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

natnatroswell Posted at 2018-8-22 19:16
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Huawei M3, Huawei M5 and Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus.

Thanks all who chimed in - I ordered the Huawei M5 / Would have like to gone with the Lenovo but the one tablet I am having the lag issue with is the Lenovo Tab 4 8 but not the plus version ??? tks again
2018-8-23
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

Aerial-Image Posted at 2018-8-22 21:44
I use a  Huawei M3, a great tablet, user recommended, even though its not by DJI, crazy!! - I really think there should be a USER recommended list of Android devices as DJI don't really like Android it feels like, with the lack of tablets on their list, iOS version of the GoApp upgrades listed first, & no GroundStation Pro app yet on Android. - HayHo!

Amen - It was much easier for me to pick the quad and I have been fighting to find a tab to work with it for quite a while now. Almost got me to the point I was going to return the bird. You would think since the whole purpose of this bird is distance and you are flying with a screen, that that would be a high priority ? Tks for the reply
2018-8-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly refer to the list of supported devices below. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-8-23
Use props
David R. Gonzal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1215463 ft

Often, not always, the inexpensive tablet simply don't have the CPU and graphics horsepower to run the DJI GO 4 app. Like the free LG G Pad X  that was a freebie with my last cell phone. Pretty to look at and it runs most everything else. But not the DJI GO4 app.
You don't mention which model tablets. Brand name alone isn't a compatibility guarantee or an assurance that the tablet has enough processing power to successfully run the DJI GO 4 app.
I have successfully used a Samsung Tab S2 8" almost since they were introduced. First with a P3P and now with a P4P. Not one single issue that wasn't a user generated issue. Before the Tab S2 I used a Nexus 7" II tablet with my P3P. Some lag but didnt hamper flying. Though on the hottest of Minnesota summer days it would throttle back on the CPU and I would have to restart the GO app. I had not lost connection with the drone, I could still control it. Just didnt have a video connection.
2018-8-23
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

David R. Gonzal Posted at 2018-8-23 13:22
Often, not always, the inexpensive tablet simply don't have the CPU and graphics horsepower to run the DJI GO 4 app. Like the free LG G Pad X  that was a freebie with my last cell phone. Pretty to look at and it runs most everything else. But not the DJI GO4 app.
You don't mention which model tablets. Brand name alone isn't a compatibility guarantee or an assurance that the tablet has enough processing power to successfully run the DJI GO 4 app.
I have successfully used a Samsung Tab S2 8" almost since they were introduced. First with a P3P and now with a P4P. Not one single issue that wasn't a user generated issue. Before the Tab S2 I used a Nexus 7" II tablet with my P3P. Some lag but didnt hamper flying. Though on the hottest of Minnesota summer days it would throttle back on the CPU and I would have to restart the GO app. I had not lost connection with the drone, I could still control it. Just didnt have a video connection.

Obviously I don't know a lot about them LOL. The first one I purchased was the Lenovo Tab 4, 8" Android. It seemed to work fine but like you said it didn't have enough processor to handle the video upload because there was major screen lag and breakup. I decided rather than order online and wait for it to get here I would just run to Wal-Mart and grab a Samsung tab as there seemed to be a lot of them that were working. Duh, I did it again LOL I purchased the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 7" 8GB Android. Every thing seemed fine, good signal on the bird and video looked good on the ground but every time I would lift off, I would get up to 4 feet in the air and then it popped up no signal and I would have to set down again. Returned that one today and I am keeping the Lenovo for personal use.

I dumped it in my son's lap at this point and said find me one that will work. At least if this next one doesn't work I can blame HIM LOL. This morning I order the Huawei Media Pad M5 Schubert-W09B Hi Silicon Kirin 960 4 GB Memory 64 GB Flash Storage 8.4" 2560 x 1600 Tablet / He assures me that this one has everything I need and more. Hope he is right, this was really starting to get me down. Got Fed Ex notification that it is on the way and will be here Monday. Off work Monday and Tuesday so guess I will find out. Fingers crossed. Tks for the reply - will keep you posted.
2018-8-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DougW Posted at 2018-8-23 19:09
Obviously I don't know a lot about them LOL. The first one I purchased was the Lenovo Tab 4, 8" Android. It seemed to work fine but like you said it didn't have enough processor to handle the video upload because there was major screen lag and breakup. I decided rather than order online and wait for it to get here I would just run to Wal-Mart and grab a Samsung tab as there seemed to be a lot of them that were working. Duh, I did it again LOL I purchased the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab A 7" 8GB Android. Every thing seemed fine, good signal on the bird and video looked good on the ground but every time I would lift off, I would get up to 4 feet in the air and then it popped up no signal and I would have to set down again. Returned that one today and I am keeping the Lenovo for personal use.

I dumped it in my son's lap at this point and said find me one that will work. At least if this next one doesn't work I can blame HIM LOL. This morning I order the Huawei Media Pad M5 Schubert-W09B Hi Silicon Kirin 960 4 GB Memory 64 GB Flash Storage 8.4" 2560 x 1600 Tablet / He assures me that this one has everything I need and more. Hope he is right, this was really starting to get me down. Got Fed Ex notification that it is on the way and will be here Monday. Off work Monday and Tuesday so guess I will find out. Fingers crossed. Tks for the reply - will keep you posted.

He assures me that this one has everything I need and more. Hope he is right, this was really starting to get me down.
It will run perfectly.
I've been flying one for the last month and given it a full workout.
It's superb (just like the M3).
2018-8-23
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I wonder how these compare to the iPad Air2?

Has anyone compared them both, to see what the differences entail?

RedHotPoker
2018-8-23
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

Labroides Posted at 2018-8-23 19:55
He assures me that this one has everything I need and more. Hope he is right, this was really starting to get me down.
It will run perfectly.
I've been flying one for the last month and given it a full workout.

Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. This is our first "real" drone and we have talked about doing this for a long time. Can't wait to get her in the air for more than a minute or so.
2018-8-24
Use props
DougW
lvl.2

DougW Posted at 2018-8-24 03:43
Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. This is our first "real" drone and we have talked about doing this for a long time. Can't wait to get her in the air for more than a minute or so.

UPDATE > The new tab came Fed Ex, two days earlier than they said. Charged all last night and updated the firmware and took the P4P v2 up this morning before work. AWESOME !!!!!!!! Tab works like a champ with no breakup on screen at all.

Still a lot of things I need to figure out. When I was returning to the take off location I just pushed the stick forward when facing at me and the closer the quad came the lower it went. I "thought" it maintained it's height unless you brought it up or down?? It may have been relative to GPS position and sea level and not actual height from the ground? There may be a slight height difference across my pasture but it seemed to drop more than I would have thought. Coming back about 20 yards, it dropped 3-4 feet and I thought the ground was a lot more level than that.

Another Dumb Question - If a tab malfunctioned while the bird is in the air and you had another workable tab could you unplug the malfunctioning tab and plug in the back up / boot DJI Go and connect to the bird in the air. Just wondering???
2018-8-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

DougW Posted at 2018-8-26 06:44
UPDATE > The new tab came Fed Ex, two days earlier than they said. Charged all last night and updated the firmware and took the P4P v2 up this morning before work. AWESOME !!!!!!!! Tab works like a champ with no breakup on screen at all.

Still a lot of things I need to figure out. When I was returning to the take off location I just pushed the stick forward when facing at me and the closer the quad came the lower it went. I "thought" it maintained it's height unless you brought it up or down?? It may have been relative to GPS position and sea level and not actual height from the ground? There may be a slight height difference across my pasture but it seemed to drop more than I would have thought. Coming back about 20 yards, it dropped 3-4 feet and I thought the ground was a lot more level than that.
returning to the take off location I just pushed the stick forward when facing at me and the closer the quad came the lower it went. I "thought" it maintained it's height unless you brought it up or down??
Your Phantom should RTH in level flight until it it is above the home point.
If you think it was descending in flight, the flight data should give some clues and help to confirm what happened.
The Phantom doesn't maintain constant height above the ground.
All heights are relative to the launch point.

If you want to check the RTH data, go to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

If a tab malfunctioned while the bird is in the air and you had another workable tab could you unplug the malfunctioning tab and plug in the back up / boot DJI Go and connect to the bird in the air.
Now that you have a good tablet to fly with, it's beyond unlikely that you would get into this situation.
But hypothetically, you could swap tablets and reconnect.
Given that the M5 is fast to boot, this would be easier than with older tablets.
But even if your tablet is disconnected, you should still have full control as long ast the LED on the controller is green.
You don't need the tablet to fly.
2018-8-26
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

Labroides, can you confirm the link below is the tablet you are referencing? If not please provide me with the link for it. Just to be clear Im talking about the Huawei Media Pad M5. When i looked at the specs it says wifi only. Thanks for any help, I dont want to buy the wrong one.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obid ... NMT/phantomhelp3-20
2018-11-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

i use the same tablet Huawei Media pad 5 and work flawlessly
2018-11-5
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 11-5 11:44
i use the same tablet Huawei Media pad 5 and work flawlessly

I suggest the
Huawei MediaPad M3 Lite 10

Huawei incredibley easy to use with DJi 4 Go
2018-11-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb Posted at 11-5 11:19
Labroides, can you confirm the link below is the tablet you are referencing? If not please provide me with the link for it. Just to be clear Im talking about the Huawei Media Pad M5. When i looked at the specs it says wifi only. Thanks for any help, I dont want to buy the wrong one.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B07BBCMNMT/phantomhelp3-20

Yes, that's what I'm using these days.
Perhaps there's something else as good but you won't find any better flying tablets than that one.
2018-11-5
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Aerial-Image Posted at 8-22 21:44
I use a  Huawei M3, a great tablet, user recommended, even though its not by DJI, crazy!! - I really think there should be a USER recommended list of Android devices as DJI don't really like Android it feels like, with the lack of tablets on their list, iOS version of the GoApp upgrades listed first, & no GroundStation Pro app yet on Android. - HayHo!

It makes sense DJI would share iOS info first, as they recently joined forces with Apple.

You can but DJI drones in Apple stores, but not in Android outlets though.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-5
Use props
djiuser_e4snw0z2XOKb
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the confirmation!
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules