2139 23 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Arff
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347379 ft
Panama

Hi guys,

Since i reveived my MP2 i have some issues with the signal. During the flight and totally randmly, i have disconnection/reconnection.  It's kinf of instantaneous, and reconnect super quikly. But i don't feel super confident to flight with this problem.
I did the MP2 and controller firmware update, all the calibration too.

Some of you, have the same problems ?

Thanks
2018-9-4
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

It depends on the device that you are using.
What’s your device?

Fly safe.
Alex.
2018-9-4
Use props
Arff
lvl.2
Panama

HI Alex,

Thanks for your answer.
I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8, in performance mode.
2018-9-4
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

I had this, after some investigation, found my cable to be faulty.
2018-9-4
Use props
Arff
lvl.2
Panama

ro_flyer Posted at 2018-9-4 08:05
I had this, after some investigation, found my cable to be faulty.

Thank you Ro_flyer.
It's what i thought, but i wasn't sure about it.
I'll try with an other one  
2018-9-4
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft

Arff Posted at 2018-9-4 08:39
Thank you Ro_flyer.
It's what i thought, but i wasn't sure about it.
I'll try with an other one

You're welcome!
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to re-link your RC to your AC? Let's see if this will work. Thank you.
2018-9-5
Use props
codyblue_
New
United States

Hello, I'm having this same issue (however because I'm new I cant make a new post).

I always get RC Connection is weak > RC Disconnected. In most cases, it eventually comes back online, however on my first flight ever, it had to RTH before the controller would link back up. So it seems it's not an issue with the phone/app, but the actual link between the RC and the Drone. I never ONCE had this happen with my original Mavic Pro with over 1000 flights.

Any ideas?
2018-9-7
Use props
Arff
lvl.2
Panama

codyblue_ Posted at 2018-9-7 08:50
Hello, I'm having this same issue (however because I'm new I cant make a new post).

I always get RC Connection is weak > RC Disconnected. In most cases, it eventually comes back online, however on my first flight ever, it had to RTH before the controller would link back up. So it seems it's not an issue with the phone/app, but the actual link between the RC and the Drone. I never ONCE had this happen with my original Mavic Pro with over 1000 flights.

Hey Codyblue_ ,

Try to connect your phone to the remote with an other cable.
2018-9-7
Use props
djiuser_n0bHYBa39ShM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 366414 ft
Bulgaria

Hi, I'm having issues too.
I have full signal (AC is 20 meters from me) and suddenly it disconnects. Today it happens more than 10 times. Most of the times it reconnects but some times it displays "remote control connection error" (or something like that) and than I have to restart the RC in order to connect again. When it goes to this error it begins emergency RTH...but I hate loosing control when in flight.
I try to restart everything but it doesn't help.
I also think it's a problem with the AC-RC link.
2018-9-7
Use props
codyblue_
New
United States

djiuser_n0bHYBa39ShM Posted at 2018-9-7 09:46
Hi, I'm having issues too.
I have full signal (AC is 20 meters from me) and suddenly it disconnects. Today it happens more than 10 times. Most of the times it reconnects but some times it displays "remote control connection error" (or something like that) and than I have to restart the RC in order to connect again. When it goes to this error it begins emergency RTH...but I hate loosing control when in flight.
I try to restart everything but it doesn't help.

It has to be. Because you should be able to fly the drone without the app. It's not the app that is going down, it is the connection between Drone and Controller.
2018-9-7
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

I have had this a few times "remote control connection error" with M2P 30 feet away. Took about 5 minutes to reconnect. It is RC to M2P issue it seems. Not RC to phone.
2018-9-7
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Just had another remote controller connection error about 100 feet away. The RC reconnected pretty quickly this time. I'm thinking I have major interference or something. I am not seeing it being that bad on the channel display or sig meters. No interference warnings. It just disconnects. I'm using a Oneplus 6. Just got it two days ago and having some of same issues had on previous uncertifed phone.
F00m 51s86.3 ft4 ftData LossDownlink data connection lost for 6.6 seconds
Signal errors
83.7 ft   3 ft

2018-9-7
Use props
JeffInCanada
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264157 ft
Canada

Same here.  Happened to me today on my new Mavic 2 pro.  ruined a good night!!!!
2018-9-8
Use props
Guckindie Luft
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2999 ft
Austria

Havin my Mavic 2 for some days now and realize that it's permanently loosing connection to RC.Any hints?
( no cable or mobile issue and:
Never had such issue with my Mavic pro or Mavic Air.  
2018-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Im seeing the same most flights, a micro disconnect and reconnect, briefly see it on app screen and the logs.  ITs not the cable.All the times im close (30ft or so) with a full signal.

Im wondering if its 2.4 <> 5.8Ghz switching.
2018-9-9
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

I think your on to something it probably the auto switching , manually chose 5.8 or 2.4 and see if that fixes it.
2018-9-9
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

I would test it but weather isnt good enough for a test flight yesterday, today and maybe not until Wednesday.
Not going to chance it in 30mph winds and rain.
2018-9-9
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

It is not the auto switching between 5.8 and 2.4 I have tested this. It happens on manual too. It MAY be messing up while switching frequencies while on one band. I was manually switching frequencies and I did get a controller lockup. I spent the next 20 minutes manually changing freq trying to replicate it. I could not and got sick of trying.

I had this problem on my first M2P flight. I posted about that a week or so ago. SCared the crap out of me. Now it has happened at least 5 times. Pretty much been scared to fly. I'm going out to another location today to test. I think it could just be massive interference, but you would think it would show on the meters, sign str or warnings.
Heck I bought a new $600 phone to make sure it was not the phone. Tried cables and all that crap several times.

My first M2P flight https://forum.dji.com/thread-164104-1-1.html

2018-9-9
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

OK guys.. just got back. I went out to area with basically no wifi interference showing on the meter. The green bar was basically invisible. Everything seemed very smooth. I didn't get a controller error or disconnect. This was by far my longest flight and furthest distance and it was till only a few hundred feet. I also left it in dual mode. I usually have to change it to only 2.4ghz in the area I have been flying.

I was pretty happy. No disconnect that I could tell. First time I have felt good about a Mavic 2 Pro flight.

Then I got home and checked the logs on Airdata and saw this. I was surprised. Also say that I hit over 70 mph! I was like WUT. Looks like the Home point reset too while I was flying. That is not where I took off. Even the landing looks strange. Barometer showing negative altitude at landing. Weird

Check this out
https://app.airdata.com/share/FdJeRP/SENSORS

Sig errors
02m 14s        200.1 ft           576 ft        345.7

Down link connection lost
02m 14s        200.1 ft        576 ft        Data Loss        Downlink data connection lost for 34.6 seconds WTH 30 seconds? Never noticed or got RTH.
https://app.airdata.com/share/FdJeRP/GENERALNotifications

HD flight player
https://app.airdata.com/share/Fd ... ations&val=detailed
2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

Scary stuff. Mine was having the same disconnect. I'm going to keep testing it and checking logs for any more disconnects and figuring out the routers conflicts.

2018-9-9
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
United States

Yep.. I'm going to go fly again in another place a few miles from my last flight a little later. I fly my Mavic Air there and never had any issues. Never had any signal issues with the Air really anyway.
Hmm.. hey I notice your altitude shows negative too. I'm seeing the same thing on landing. Just something I noticed. I have never seen that. I know it is possible if you fly off a cliff and descend but should not show negative if you take off and land in the same place.
What do you see under notifications on Airdata? Do you get the red data lost message?

2018-9-9
Use props
Easty
lvl.2
Flight distance : 406585 ft
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-9 11:48
Yep.. I'm going to go fly again in another place a few miles from my last flight a little later. I fly my Mavic Air there and never had any issues. Never had any signal issues with the Air really anyway.
Hmm.. hey I notice your altitude shows negative too. I'm seeing the same thing on landing. Just something I noticed. I have never seen that. I know it is possible if you fly off a cliff and descend but should not show negative if you take off and land in the same place.
What do you see under notifications on Airdata? Do you get the red data lost message?

There is a valley besides my house. So AGL 0 is at home take off.  I was looking in the advanced player and soon as I lost connection even though it was 3ft from me at 200+ft alt. it speed up to 27mph off to the bottom of that valley. Very concerning behavior.

My mavic 1 has no issues. I was just flying for 20mins really close and zero signal errors. I'm feeling more like its the arlo wifi. Crazy that it doesn't hinder the mavic pro 1 but does the MP2. Must be some issues with certain frequencies.
2018-9-9
Use props
Krugz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97726 ft
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-9-9 07:13
It is not the auto switching between 5.8 and 2.4 I have tested this. It happens on manual too. It MAY be messing up while switching frequencies while on one band. I was manually switching frequencies and I did get a controller lockup. I spent the next 20 minutes manually changing freq trying to replicate it. I could not and got sick of trying.

I had this problem on my first M2P flight. I posted about that a week or so ago. SCared the crap out of me. Now it has happened at least 5 times. Pretty much been scared to fly. I'm going out to another location today to test. I think it could just be massive interference, but you would think it would show on the meters, sign str or warnings.

many of the same issues and more. (see below for a run-down of the last 3 days sinc I got my new M2P) not a single clean flight yet. P3S never had a problem at all, even at the end of its range and RTH because of signal loss. Whats up here?

Got my mavic 2 pro 3 days ago and unbelievable errors. Not a single safe flight yet. Started with firmware updates that weren't possible with the app. Had to get them through the assistant. Then constant emmc full errors. Couldn't format card because it wouldn't connect. App kept asking to link, but it would fail. Finally got it to connect long enough to format, then it must have erased the firmware because it needed an update again. Got it to work through the app that time. Got a 6 minute flight because so much battery was used trying to connect. Try to fly today, several mag interfer errors from several rural locations. Wouldn't connect. Asked to link. Link failed....deleted app and reinstalled. Got it to connect. Flew 1000 ft and rc disconnected. Controller was connected so no RTH, video or app connection. Used the RTH button, then pause and landed it manually. Tried again later. Saw controller connect then disconnect several times. Finally got a solid "go fly" and no firmware banner. Went into camera mode, stayed stable for a decent time so I took off. Kept it low and close. Within 3 minutes and 30' away, disconnected again. This time didn't respond to the controller at all. Didn't want to hit the RTH button because branches were above it. Rc kept connecting and DC. Got a "landing" message but couldn't react before DC. Finally, not sure how, got it to land. Not even safe to fly and no idea why.....everything is up to date but nothing stays connected. App, rc, nothing.

Is this a compatibility issue? The only other option available to me is an ipad, but it seems to be the RC and the app failing at times.
2018-9-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules