Mavic 2 Pro controller issues
2462 19 2018-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I received my Mavic 2 Pro in the mail last week. Excited of course to charge everything up and get it up know the air, but I had problems charging the controller. The Micro USB port wouldn't charge via the cable on the DJI battery charger, and only with gingerly plugging in an extra one I had lying around could I get the controller to show charging. There was so much wiggle on the charging port (not firm at all) that I was worried about breaking it. I couldn't get DJI Assistant 2 to recognize it to upgrade the firmware either. I plugged the Micro USB charger cable of the charger into another device stuck charged it fine so I know the issue was written the controller. The icing on the cake was that the Mavic 2 Pro wouldn't upgrade the firmware either! Brand new out of the box and no life...I was livid. After several hours with support the only option was to send it back. 24-48hrs for RMA approval and then shipping time to send the quad back to DJI before they'll send a replacement. Terrible customer service and a still waiting for my replacement. My hope is to see if anybody else has has similar issues because I'm assuming I'm not alone here.
2018-9-4
Use props
Inspire 1 XT Flir1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 320587 ft

same problem here
2018-9-4
Use props
rparge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173852 ft
United States

The supplied charger worked great, tried another cable and not so much.
Supplied charger shipped with the drone worked perfect here.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-164480-1-1.html
2018-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

sorry you are having trouble. My mobile cable connection is not super tight like my old Mavic Pro was but it worked good enough. Reading your information I was not following you. Did you use a different cable from the USB plug on the charging brick? If so, did the charger, get the battery to 100%?

These new drones were manufactured awhile ago waiting for the DJI launch and this means the batteries are in deep sleep. Once you plug into the charger, they will come alive and start charging up normally. All my batteries were the same way and they work perfectly.

Instead of using DJI Assistant 2, connect your device (phone or iPad) to the remote and first activate it. Then turn everything on with full charge and update the FW using the DJI Go 4 App. Take your time and it will update everything normally. I used the iPhone 8+ and it worked great.  

Before you send everything back to DJI I would try again.

Rich
2018-9-4
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rparge Posted at 2018-9-4 19:34

My charger was fine. As I mentioned it was able to charge another USB device just fine it just the controller wouldn't take a chargev from it.
2018-9-4
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-9-4 19:37
sorry you are having trouble. My mobile cable connection is not super tight like my old Mavic Pro was but it worked good enough. Reading your information I was not following you. Did you use a different cable from the USB plug on the charging brick? If so, did the charger, get the battery to 100%?

These new drones were manufactured awhile ago waiting for the DJI launch and this means the batteries are in deep sleep. Once you plug into the charger, they will come alive and start charging up normally. All my batteries were the same way and they work perfectly.

The controller updated via the DJI app but kept saying a new version was available and started erroring out time I tried updating.

Trust me we went through all the troubleshooting steps all batteries charged and tried both the assistant and app for all updates. Ultimately it was defective out of the box.
2018-9-4
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sounds like a faulty RC mine charges from the supplied power supply or any other 2A usb charger with any micro USB cable.
2018-9-4
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

rparge Posted at 2018-9-4 19:34

My charger was fine. As I mentioned it was able to charge another USB device just fine it just the controller wouldn't take a charge from it.
2018-9-4
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

its.n8jacobs Posted at 2018-9-4 19:53
The controller updated via the DJI app but kept saying a new version was available and started erroring out time I tried updating.

Trust me we went through all the troubleshooting steps all batteries charged and tried both the assistant and app for all updates. Ultimately it was defective out of the box.

Okay, sorry man.... that sucks

Hope you can get it resolved soon with DJI

Rich
2018-9-4
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-9-4 19:54
Sounds like a faulty RC mine charges from the supplied power supply or any other 2A usb charger with any micro USB cable.

Yes that was the ultimate determination. It sucks that they won't just ship a new one and replace the defective one though. You have to go through the whole RMA process when you should have received a working quad out of the box to start with.
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi its.n8jacobs, we're sorry for the troubles. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Please kindly provide us with your case number once you got it, we'll keep following up for you.
2018-9-4
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I think I remember that with the old mavic. You had to downgrade back and then up again. Restore factory defaults in the assistant
2018-9-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sir, we're sorry for the inconvenience.  Just to verify, do you use the original charger? Does the issue remain if changing to another working charger? We'd like to have more details for better assistance, thanks in advance!
2018-9-4
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-9-4 20:13
Hi its.n8jacobs, we're sorry for the troubles. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index Please kindly provide us with your case number once you got it, we'll keep following up for you.

Hi DJI Susan. If you read my above comments you'll see I did start a car and have already sent the quad back.
2018-9-5
Use props
Jeff7577
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1916821 ft
United States

You did a return and not a repair I hope? Buy it from anywhere but dji directly
2018-9-5
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Jeff7577 Posted at 2018-9-5 03:57
You did a return and not a repair I hope? Buy it from anywhere but dji directly

That's correct. Originally they said just to send the controller for replacement but by the end they wanted the whole fly more combo back, again though they wouldn't send a new one until they got the old one back. Yeah I bough it from the DJI site...live and learn.
2018-9-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

its.n8jacobs Posted at 2018-9-5 03:40
Hi DJI Susan. If you read my above comments you'll see I did start a car and have already sent the quad back.

May I have your case number for better follow up?
2018-9-7
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hi Susan. I received my replacement Mavic 2 Pro on Tuesday. The new unit does not have the same issues experienced with the original.
2018-9-13
Use props
djiuser_73o8Mse5lquV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 444734 ft
Bangladesh

Today I flew mavic 2 pro just 4-5 minutes and it suddenly got disconnected...  it returned to home safely... but after that  the controller is just showing "connecting".  It remains disconnected in go4 app and charge my phone only. I have changed the side cable and tried bottom cable also. Refreshed firmware using DJI Assistant 2 but nothing happened. Tried different phone also but no luck.... The controller neither connect to aircraft nor to phone...Please help me...
IMG20190219142444.jpg
2019-2-19
Use props
its.n8jacobs
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Tried everything to get mine working as well, but mine had issues out of the box. I had to start a ticket with DJI which ultimately lead to an RMA and getting shipped a new unit.
2019-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules