1181 8 2018-11-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c8b729c
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8817585 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using a Samsung Galxay S2 9.7 with DJI-GO 3 & 4 . My P3P , Mavic Platinum , P4P with no issues until I bought a P4P v2.0. Called DJI and that went nowhere . I've tried everything, different cables and different sequences . I finally found that if I power up the Remote without USB plugged in,wait about 10-15 secs then plug in it works as normal . No need to reboot the Tab or start the Phantom , just power the remote (USB unplugged) wait about 15 secs then plug it in and it automatically starts the Go App normally then turn on the AC.
Since this S2 Tab works with DJI-Go 3 and 4 and with the P4P with no problems. When will DJI upgrade there firmware to correct this . This is obviously a Remote fireware issue.

Like to here if anyone eles has an easier work around or experienced the same issues. I know all about the compatability issuses and the S2 is not for the DJI-Go apps but it's been working fine until I bought the P4P V2. I spent allot for the S2 ,its plenty powerful and not a power hog either . I just don't feel like spending more $$ for a dedicated display for the P4P v2.0

It also tried this on 3 other different Samsung products the same way. They all had to plugged in after the remote was powered for 15 secs

2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Good day and thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding you Samsung Galaxay S2 on your DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0. Rest assured that I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the said product. Thank you for your support.
2018-11-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Never seen a password post before on here before.  Anyone else?
2018-11-15
Use props
Djread00
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 11-15 14:49
Never seen a password post before on here before.  Anyone else?

I have no idea why it put that on there. It was my post , I had just changed my User Name so maybe that is why. Do you know if its only seen by a select few?
2018-11-15
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Djread00 Posted at 11-15 15:37
I have no idea why it put that on there. It was my post , I had just changed my User Name so maybe that is why. Do you know if its only seen by a select few?

No idea.  Maybe an admin can answer.
2018-11-15
Use props
Djread00
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 11-15 16:13
No idea.  Maybe an admin can answer.

I think I know what happened . When I started typing the post I got interrupted for about 15 min . When I got back to finishing it, I was logged out and had to re-login to finish the post.
2018-11-15
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Leave your USB cable plugged into both units. Turn on your RC then restart your S2. Choose MTP and it should automatically start your DJi.

appAndroid Device
2018-11-16
Use props
Djread00
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ATJ Posted at 11-16 03:42
Leave your USB cable plugged into both units. Turn on your RC then restart your S2. Choose MTP and it should automatically start your DJi.

appAndroid Device

What ever works best for you.. I just always have my Tab or phone on already. So I just turn on the remote and after its been on 10 -15 secs plug in the usb. The DJI-Go app starts and waits for you to turn on the AC. No need to change any settings in the Tab or reboot anything. This worked on both my S2 8 and 9.7 . Also my Samsung J7 phone.Its gotta be an easy upgrade for DJI. It worked for me. I would like to know if this works for others with different non working devices . I know every one has there preferences.

By the way , this is only with the P4P V2.0 . My Phantom 3 Pro no problem, my Mavic Platinum no problem, My Phantom 4 Pro V1 no problems. Just the P4P V2.0.

2018-11-16
Use props
ATJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Djread00 Posted at 11-16 12:35
What ever works best for you.. I just always have my Tab or phone on already. So I just turn on the remote and after its been on 10 -15 secs plug in the usb. The DJI-Go app starts and waits for you to turn on the AC. No need to change any settings in the Tab or reboot anything. This worked on both my S2 8 and 9.7 . Also my Samsung J7 phone.Its gotta be an easy upgrade for DJI. It worked for me. I would like to know if this works for others with different non working devices . I know every one has there preferences.

By the way , this is only with the P4P V2.0 . My Phantom 3 Pro no problem, my Mavic Platinum no problem, My Phantom 4 Pro V1 no problems. Just the P4P V2.0.

Since the DJi Go 4 app is such a resource intensive app (about 500 MB). It is wise to always restart you mobile device before you fly. A dedicated device is even better.
2018-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules