USB connection between Acer Phone and Remote
597 5 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ex3B
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hello, all, Just got a Mavic Air combo package (spare props, extra batteries, etc) for Xmas.
   I tried to connect my Acer phone (model t07). I found the 3 different connector types supplied with the controller. The problem is the connection has an up and a down... and my phone must face down to connect, where the screen doesn't do much good. If I put the connector in the other way, the cable on the connector isn't long enough to reach the port in the controller. Has anyone else had this problem?
I think I can take my phone's charging cable to connect it to the standard USB port at the middle of the controller, but its a bit awkward to hold with the cable sticking out of the side.

Lastly... not really on the same topic, but I don't have much storage space in my phone, and I don't (yet) have a micro SD card to put in the drone... how much video can the drone take with its basic memory?
2018-12-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Consider changing a phone? 1GB of ram doesn't seem to be enough to run the DJI Go 4 app and it will be risky as the app may crash
BTW about the storage, it can store about 18min of 4k video from this calculation ( take a look at #4 of this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-13183-1-1.html)
2018-12-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum and Merry Christmas Ex3B!
2018-12-25
Use props
Ex3B
lvl.1
Switzerland

jacksonnai Posted at 12-25 04:07
Consider changing a phone? 1GB of ram doesn't seem to be enough to run the DJI Go 4 app and it will be risky as the app may crash
BTW about the storage, it can store about 18min of 4k video from this calculation ( take a look at #4 of this thread https://forum.dji.com/thread-13183-1-1.html)

I just checked the ram on my phone, this model has 2gb of ram, although it showed nearly 700 mb taken up by other tasks... I think its fine, its just the physical connection that is the issue.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Ex3B. I am sorry to know that you are having issues in connecting your Acer phone ( Model T07 ) to your DJI Mavic Air. Upon checking the list the Acer phone ( Model T07 ) is not yet recommended for your DJI Mavic Air. It might not be able to make all of the functions and optimize the use of the DJI Go 4 application. For reference I will post the list of recommended mobile device for the DJI Mavic Air. Thank you.

2018-12-25
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

ya i was waiting for this from an Admin....
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules