664 7 2019-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gaardhund
lvl.2
Flight distance : 42231 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

The red arrow in the radar screen does not point in the same direction as the AC, newest FW and the latest dji go app, it´s a approved phone (huawei mate 10 pro).

I have calibrated the compass and everything else multiple times without any change, if i use my old huawei p8 lite (which is not on the approved list) everything works as it should, so i suspect it has got something to do with the device.

2019-3-13
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

i had used the mate 10 pro before. You have to shoot up Google Map or  Compass Map App  and let it calibrate your compass. Then you connect your USB to your AC for DJI GO4 App to launch. It should work now!
2019-3-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi gaardhund,

Red arrow gets its heading info from the drone, compass rose (outer range + N sign) gets it info from the mobile device compass.

If red arrow is not steady > likely a drone compass error.

What i do sometimes is while hovering (when compass outer ring is not correct)  i move my RC+device in a figure of 8, or move 360 in 3- axis.
Amazing, compass device calibrated and all is OK to fly.

cheers
JJB
2019-3-13
Use props
gaardhund
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

小仙女的星巴克     Thanks, i will try that.

JJB*    Thank you, i don´t think it´s the drone compass as it works perfect with my old  huawei p8 lite, i will try your suggestion,

Regards Per.
2019-3-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

JJB* Posted at 3-13 07:22
Hi gaardhund,

Red arrow gets its heading info from the drone, compass rose (outer range + N sign) gets it info from the mobile device compass.

Wish DJI would add a toggle switch to show compass degrees.  
Along with toggle switch to make radar screen and arrow much larger when needed.

Accuracy of existing screen, leaves room for a lot of guessing.
2019-3-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-13 07:49
Wish DJI would add a toggle switch to show compass degrees.  
Along with toggle switch to make radar screen and arrow much larger when needed.

yes,  bigger is always nicer  

But for me its ok like this,  red arrow orientation in the 360 shows me where my drone is. Arrow pointing to the center brings it always home, even when the device compass is totally wrong !!

cheers
JJB
2019-3-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

gaardhund Posted at 3-13 07:41
小仙女的星巴克     Thanks, i will try that.

JJB*    Thank you, i don´t think it´s the drone compass as it works perfect with my old  huawei p8 lite, i will try your suggestion,

oke   find yourself a wide open spot.
Point drone 10 degrees of North,
Stand behind drone (about 10 meters or so),
Point RC+device towards drone.

Check red arrow facing little left or right from the N sign, (depends ofcourse step before wich 10 degree offset)
Check N sign with the actual North,

If all OK than both compasses are OK
see > https://forum.dji.com/thread-144696-1-1.html

cheers
JJB
2019-3-13
Use props
gaardhund
lvl.2
  • >>>
Denmark

It´s only with the mate 10 pro that the arrow shows wrong direction, when using the p8 lite everything works fine.
But i would prefer to use the mate 10 pro as it has a bigger and better screen

The compass on the mate 10 pro is calibrated and compared to an old analogue compass it´s accurate.

Regards Per
2019-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules