3475 25 2019-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Hi Guys, anyone else that is on windows 10 having issues with assistant 2, i keep getting an error : the app has been blocked for your protection a user has blocked you from running this app, i am getting this warning error on both my pc and laptop both running windows 10. I even deleted and redownloaded a new copy same error but i downloaded the older version thereafter for the mavic 1 and that works b
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Sure, my apologies for the inconvenience.  Our related team was able to found the cause of this concern and we're currently working on it. As of this time, I would suggest you install the software using a Mac or Windows 7 or 8 operating system. I will give you an update once this concern has been fixed. Appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 06:49
Hi Sure, my apologies for the inconvenience.  Our related team was able to found the cause of this concern and we're currently working on it. As of this time, I would suggest you install the software using a Mac or Windows 7 or 8 operating system. I will give you an update once this concern has been fixed. Appreciate your patience and support. Thank you.

Thanks for the reply but both my pc run win 10, not going to downgrade because of assistant 2 and then upgrade the windows again, what is the time frame to resolve this issue
2019-3-16
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:52
Thanks for the reply but both my pc run win 10, not going to downgrade because of assistant 2 and then upgrade the windows again, what is the time frame to resolve this issue

see this ( link ) and post #19 too
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

"a user has blocked you from running this app" - A user has blocked you?  That is a strange message.
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

TZero Posted at 3-16 07:02

how did you modify it
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-16 07:09
"a user has blocked you from running this app" - A user has blocked you?  That is a strange message.

it is a strange one isn't it, seems dji is now controlling our computers as well
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

TZero Posted at 3-16 07:02

Having to edit (modify {hack}) Windows Registry says DJI needs to get off their tails and fix DJI Assistant-2, along with getting DJI Assistant-2 blessed by Microsoft.

For what it is worth...  Registry edit is changing the policy which "enables the 'administrator in Admin Approval Mode" user type while also enabling all other User Account Control (UAC) policies."

More here on editing EnableLUA, leading UAC.
2019-3-16
Use props
Charissa
First Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Mine installed fine, UAC set to off, no problems. Do have a problem where the latest Assistant don,t see my Mavic Air. No matter what I do, the Air is not recognized.................
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-16 07:23
Having to edit (modify {hack}) Windows Registry says DJI needs to get off their tails and fix DJI Assistant-2, along with getting DJI Assistant-2 blessed by Microsoft.

For what it is worth...  Registry edit is changing the policy which "enables the 'administrator in Admin Approval Mode" user type while also enabling all other User Account Control (UAC) policies."

Thanks going to look this up now
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Charissa Posted at 3-16 08:20
Mine installed fine, UAC set to off, no problems. Do have a problem where the latest Assistant don,t see my Mavic Air. No matter what I do, the Air is not recognized.................

And the Assistant-2 saga continues...   
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

Charissa Posted at 3-16 08:20

Thanks Charissa, How are things with you, long time no chat. Heard there was some earth tremors up there by your side of town
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-16 07:23

Nothing is helping I am still getting this damn stupid error
2019-3-16
Use props
Keule
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3733015 ft
  • >>>
Germany

As reported multiple times, it's a certificate problem (Cert revoked by CA)
You have to wait until DJI releases Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.7

Check regularly the usual download repositories at DJI's web servers for the new version.
Don't expect DJI mods to announce the new version on their own.

(BTW, DJI released silently yesterday, Mar 15, 2019 the new Assistant 2 for Matrice.)
2019-3-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Suren Posted at 3-16 06:52

Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately, we don't have a definite date as to when is the exact release of the new version of DJI assistant 2. Rest assured that this concern has been acknowledged by our  designated team and will be fix on the future update of DJI Assistant 2. Appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you.
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-16 15:57
Thanks for your prompt response. Unfortunately, we don't have a definite date as to when is the exact release of the new version of DJI assistant 2. Rest assured that this concern has been acknowledged by our  designated team and will be fix on the future update of DJI Assistant 2. Appreciate your understanding and patience. Thank you.

No offense intended to you, but install problems with DJI Assistant-2 for Windows and problems with DJI Assistant-2 running on OS-X have been around for a year.

It is way way way way past time for DJI to have issued new versions of Assistant-2 that install and properly work for both Windows and OS-X.  Telling us DJI does not have a definite date and Assistant-2 will be fixed in some future update is not an acceptable response to customers.
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 3-16 09:31
Nothing is helping I am still getting this damn stupid error
[view_image]

Have you tried installing Assistant-2 as Administrator?

What about de-installing Assistant-2, and installing it as regular user after doing registry hack?
2019-3-16
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-16 20:36
Have you tried installing Assistant-2 as Administrator?

What about de-installing Assistant-2, and installing it as regular user after doing registry hack?

i have tried that but the registry hack for some reason i cannot get it to work, i looked at your links and they do not guide me much, remeber i am a noob when it comes to any hacks on windows etc
2019-3-16
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 3-16 22:33
i have tried that but the registry hack for some reason i cannot get it to work, i looked at your links and they do not guide me much, remeber i am a noob when it comes to any hacks on windows etc

Nothing against you.  
Editing Window's Registry is normally advised against.  And you should not have too!

From other thread.  A YouTube video with a pretty much step by step video.  

2019-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-17 07:21
Nothing against you.  
Editing Window's Registry is normally advised against.  And you should not have too!

Thanks for the help
2019-3-17
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 3-17 07:21
Nothing against you.  

HedgeTrimmer, YOU are the MAN, after following that video it works like a bomb, thanks Buddy I owe you
2019-3-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Suren Posted at 3-17 10:29
HedgeTrimmer, YOU are the MAN, after following that video it works like a bomb, thanks Buddy I owe you

Thanks, but I can't take credit for Link or Video.  Found link in another thread here.  
ASA Technical, who made video deserves thumbs up.
2019-3-17
Use props
TZero
lvl.4
Flight distance : 547618 ft
Brazil

Unfortunately it does not seem to work.
After some time the UAC returns to active and prevents the Assist to run
2019-3-21
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
South Africa

TZero Posted at 3-21 02:43
Unfortunately it does not seem to work.
After some time the UAC returns to active and prevents the Assist to run

mine still seems to be working
2019-3-21
Use props
integer
First Officer
Flight distance : 113355784 ft
Greece

there is a new version of assistant

https://forum.dji.com/thread-184437-1-1.html
2019-3-21
Use props
Elefun Workshop
lvl.3
Flight distance : 114774 ft
  • >>>
Norway

A workaround would be to create a .bat file and run it as admin. The .bat file would look like this (edit the file directory and file name):
START C:\"Program Files (x86)"\"DJI Product"\"DJI Assistant 2 For Phantom"\"DJI Assistant 2.exe"

This works with all the different versions of the apps.
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules