Mavic Air - loose remote antenna
3948 7 2019-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djl750
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

So the antenna on my remote all of a sudden became very loose, to the point I didn't trust using it. So I sent it in to DJI support. It's just a few weeks out of warranty, but I thought they would repair it since this is certainly a defect, and not caused by abuse or wear and tear.

They want $70 to repair the antenna. I am not too impressed. Yes, it is out of warranty, but this seems to be a common issue, and I was hoping DJI would make it right. I hardly have a few hours of flight time with my Mavic Air.

Does anyone know of any alternatives such as a antenna support or even replacing the antenna myself? Just curious what others think about this.

Thank you!
2019-3-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we are deeply sorry if you are experiencing issues with your unit but we can only process warranty service if the part will fall within the warranty period. Once you are out of the warranty period, we can no longer provide warranty service as the lifespan of your unit will depend on the totality of how it was used and all, however, we will continue providing paid repair services for an out-of-warranty product. We hope you can understand that every electronic product has a certain warranty period. We appreciate your understanding in this matter. Thank you.
2019-3-26
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Both of my Mavic Air controllers have loose antennas.  What I did to solve the problem was to put a small elastic band around the antennas.  They were loose almost right out of the box.  I've been using the elastic for almost a year and have had no issues.
2019-3-26
Use props
djl750
lvl.1
United States

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 3-26 13:08
Both of my Mavic Air controllers have loose antennas.  What I did to solve the problem was to put a small elastic band around the antennas.  They were loose almost right out of the box.  I've been using the elastic for almost a year and have had no issues.
[view_image]

Thank you for sharing! That's an effective, cheap solution. I will give that a try, thanks again!
2019-3-26
Use props
cjr888
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3686988 ft
  • >>>
Czechia

I have the same problem with my controller. Actually it was wobbly since I got it out of the box. It's a second Air controller I've seen with exactly the same thing on two Air controllers and heard of much more of them so it looks like a common issue. On the other hand, my Spark controller (which is pretty much the same) is perfectly good after a year of use and antennas are holding position like on the first day.
2019-3-26
Use props
larryc43230
Second Officer
Flight distance : 664534 ft
United States

I got the brace below, and it works well. It's not free, but it's fairly cheap.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/stor ... ller-Antenna-Brace/

Larry
2019-3-27
Use props
Edward J Smith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1852408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just created a repair ticket for the same problem. So off to Texas it goes tomorrow. Weird how many of us are having this problem. My controller is only 2 months old.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-181730-1-1.html
2019-3-27
Use props
manufak
lvl.2
Flight distance : 569570 ft
Hungary

Hi, me too have the antennas beame suddenly loose. In cold weather its more loose. I have read a lot of complaints about others having the same problem. it is a pity that this is not replaced or repaired for free by the dji. My mavic air is currently in DJI service due to another error but they don't want to deal with it.
2020-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules