Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1033222 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi.
Ibwas put flying my m2p today and for some teason the remote kept saying diconnected then it would randomly connect again, then it would say remote connection error and completely doconnect again, then reconnect. Every time it did it, the phone battery would beep like it was just plugged in. Its android so i cant stop the charging part.
  I then switched to the other usb socket and used the cable and nothing went wrong. Im not sure if it was coincidence or not but its really frustrating.  I only got the drone 2 weeks ago and this is the forst issue.
I dont see how a faulty cable could do this and say it needs a formware update if its already on the latest update. I tested that too. Ive included a video as an example of what happened today. Any ideas wohld be welcome. Thanks
2019-7-27
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Sorry for the typing mistakes btw it's hard to see what your writing on the phone in this forum.
Forgot to add, at times it showed that i needed a new firmware update but they are all up to date. I checked. See video below

https://youtu.be/ny8ls-zBu5o

2019-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Dublinphantom. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Have you tried to fly your drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? Have you tried adjusting the antennas when the warning appears? Make sure your antenna should be on the correct position. And make sure you are away to any possible interference. I will also post an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

2019-7-27
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 11:19
Hello and good day Dublinphantom. I am sorry to know that you are having these issues with your DJI Mavic 2 Pro. Have you tried to fly your drone to a different location to see if the issue will still persist? Have you tried adjusting the antennas when the warning appears? Make sure your antenna should be on the correct position. And make sure you are away to any possible interference. I will also post an official DJI tutorial video on Remote Controller Antenna Best Practices. Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE

Hi. The issue was happening before i wven took off when i was beside the drone. It also happened in mod flight but stil close to the drone. The antennas were both vertical as normal. It was in an area where i always fly. No buildings ir antennas around. When i used the other usb socket with the long cable the problem seemed to have stopped. I think it might be the small cable or side micro usb plug issue.
2019-7-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dublinphantom Posted at 7-27 11:38
Hi. The issue was happening before i wven took off when i was beside the drone. It also happened in mod flight but stil close to the drone. The antennas were both vertical as normal. It was in an area where i always fly. No buildings ir antennas around. When i used the other usb socket with the long cable the problem seemed to have stopped. I think it might be the small cable or side micro usb plug issue.

Thank you for the additional information Dublinphantom. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? In addition you may give a try to check the cable and try to use the bottom port from the remote and use the normal USB cable that you use with your mobile device and to be able to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.
2019-7-27
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-27 11:59
Thank you for the additional information Dublinphantom. May I know the model of the mobile device you are using please for us to be able to isolate the said issue? In addition you may give a try to check the cable and try to use the bottom port from the remote and use the normal USB cable that you use with your mobile device and to be able to see if the issue will still persist. Thank you.

I tried to use the bottom usb port as you said and the problem was gone. I saw a video on yourube that the side port for charging has issues on many devices and becomes faulty? Or possibly the small cable is faulty.
2019-7-27
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

same problem here. See the topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-189663-1-1.html

I have p20 lite. I had rock solid connection before drone repair. I don't know if it's possible for drone to disconnect from the remote because of the bad usb cable. Our drone should fly without DJI GO 4 and mobile device (or I'm wrong?!?!?)
2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for the additional information you have shared Dublinphantom and it is good to know that the remote controller is working. Do you have a spare small cable to check if the issue is still persisting when plug in to the side port of the said remote controller? If the issue will still persist I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said remote controller at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . Thank for your support.
2019-7-28
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-28 08:02
Thank you for the additional information you have shared Dublinphantom and it is good to know that the remote controller is working. Do you have a spare small cable to check if the issue is still persisting when plug in to the side port of the said remote controller? If the issue will still persist I would recommend you contact our support team to start up a ticket for the said remote controller at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . Thank for your support.

Ill try that but i want to wait till late august as im travelling to spain and want to use the drone there. I dont want to be without the controller. When i get back i will test it  with a small cable on the side port
2019-7-28
Use props
Dublinphantom
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Pro88Cro Posted at 7-28 00:47
same problem here. See the topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-189663-1-1.html

I have p20 lite. I had rock solid connection before drone repair. I don't know if it's possible for drone to disconnect from the remote because of the bad usb cable. Our drone should fly without DJI GO 4 and mobile device (or I'm wrong?!?!?)

I was thinking the same that without the phone it should work fine but it may have been causing a lot of on off interruptions that it got confused and disconnected? Strange that once i used the normal usb socket it didnt happen at all. I saw another video on YouTube about this issue with the side cable causing issues.
2019-7-28
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Dublinphantom Posted at 7-28 08:33
Ill try that but i want to wait till late august as im travelling to spain and want to use the drone there. I dont want to be without the controller. When i get back i will test it  with a small cable on the side port

Thank you for the given update Dublinphantom. Please keep us notified on the said issue. Have a safe travel.
2019-7-28
Use props
Pro88Cro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320043 ft
Croatia

I will try tomorrow with type A to C cable. Anyway, I've ordered 3 small cables. I'm also travelling to Greece, and will try if problem still exist with new cable when I return. Thanks for your feedback.
2019-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules