Battery error
1400 4 2019-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blizzard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

Yesterday, I wanted to start, everything was normal and in the green.
Just before take-off, I received a signal that there was an error in the battery and I couldn't even lift of.

I tried to reset everything, but each time the same error appeared.
I then checked the condition of the battery an this gave me this result:

4.1/4.1/4.03

So the third cell was much lower than the two others.
Is it possible to balance the three cells?

2019-8-4
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

it isnt terribly unbalanced so should be possible to recover or get close enough.    how old is your battery and how many charge cycles?  if it is an older and worn out battery, maybe safer to just get a new pack vs risking a mid air battery failure forcing a sudden landing or worst case, mid air shut off...

if your battery isnt too old or worn out:  

you can try to rebalancing by draining the battery lightly, just leaving it in your drone until the drone clicks off from battery dying then plug it in letting it recharge, and doing this a few times (3 or so) can sometimes rebalance it and recalibrate the battery controller inside the battery
2019-8-4
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to ask what specific Mavic drone do you have? Do you have a spare of battery to isolate the situation? You may try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 and the battery that has a problem. The DJI Assistant 2 can be downloaded to your computer using this link: https://www.dji.com/downloads. If the problem remains, please contact our support using the link below. For additional information, warranty can't be applied if the product is out of the coverage period and it would depend on the outcome of the damage assessment. Kindly note that it's not recommended to send the battery with physical damage such as a leak or broken shell. Thank you for understanding.

www.dji.com/support
2019-8-4
Use props
Blizzard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 173734 ft

Belgium

I do have 2 other batteries and they don't have that problem. I think the problem is just in the unbalance of the 3 cells in that battery.
I have a Mavic Pro 1 generation.
2019-8-5
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Blizzard Posted at 8-5 01:05
I do have 2 other batteries and they don't have that problem. I think the problem is just in the unbalance of the 3 cells in that battery.
I have a Mavic Pro 1 generation.

Hi,
Sorry to hear about your problem. I had the same error ,"Mavic would not take off because of battery error."

Tried everything suggested on the forum and the problem looked like it went a way.
Started the Mavic up ,let it set for a few minutes on the ground and turned it off .Tried again and got "Battery error'. I am glad it didn't error while in flight. I am now just using the battery as a backup for my wife's reading lamp which doesn't care if the cells are off. The battery still charges up fully but I wouldn't trust it on the MP.

Here is the DJI Post

2019-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules