ESC error, common problem, solution ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tecnam
lvl.1

South Africa

Please bear with this long winded mail.

I have recently purchased a second hand DJI Phantom 3 pro .    I own and run a small production business, recently we decided to incorporate a drone into our equipment, specifically for aerial work.  The Phantom 3 pro is obviously not the correct drone for our purposes but we will purchase an INSPIRE II , the P3p is specifically for us to get orientated around the drone and also use some of the footage in smaller less quality intense projects, and this it will do perfectly ….. it will also not cost a fortune to learn on .

(we generally use a small plane when doing aerial work, we own a P92 Tecnam bravo)  and often we hire a Robin 44  when the need arises, a drone will add huge advantage to our systems.

BUT !  yesterday while out  “learning” the Phantom 3 we landed the drone to change batteries, flies beautifully … after the battery change we went through the full setup procedure again…. Then tried to take off , we got an “ESC” error and did what the system said, turn off the drone … and then restart … we did all this, powered off everything ….. NOTHING HAPPENED !   then eventually it started up again.

So enter GOOGLE .. we cant afford these sort of issues , this is for business, we find  that this is a common problem across all the DJI more advanced drones….. HOW DO WE DETERMINE THIS !   the internet is full of queries  about the exact same issue, on Inspires, Phantoms, Mavics … etc etc.
I have been told to do a firmware upgrade ?    will this work ….?   What causes the firmware to become corrupt …… Is there a common component failure across the product range ?
Local support is plentiful, but unreasonably expensive and also hit and miss, with no conclusive answers, also some of the “shops” wont look at it cause it is not produced anymore !
WE will buy an Inspire but I will not support our local guys as they have little knowledge of our industry and the pressure we work under .   
Any advice will be welcome …
Regards
Paul.
2020-1-9
Use props
Peo
First Officer
Flight distance : 25409793 ft
Sweden

Look here   https://forum.dji.com/thread-152874-1-1.html
2020-1-9
Use props
MildredBast
New

United States

Generally I do not take interest to read any topic whether it is useful or most relevant with me. Before visiting here I was reading on environmental management systems UK for my upcoming project. But when I came here and read numerous post where everyone is assisting people whatever the issue they contain. Really inspired by this platform.
2020-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules