I have 17hr fly time on my props - should I replace?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Flight distance : 220814 ft
Malta

I have 17hr fly time on my props - should I replace?
No visable damage.

I am asking because they are relativly cheap and if there is a risk of wear and tear I dont mind throw them away
2020-2-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In another thread DJI said replace them every 3 months.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-186968-1-1.html
2020-2-10
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

DAFlys Posted at 2-10 02:38
In another thread DJI said replace them every 3 months.  https://forum.dji.com/thread-186968-1-1.html

thanks .... I think 3 months is a bit far fetched. did they give any particular reason?
2020-2-10
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

mouthpiec Posted at 2-10 02:44
thanks .... I think 3 months is a bit far fetched. did they give any particular reason?

No,  Personally I replace mine when they are damaged not not before.  
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mouthpiec. Thanks for reaching out and for the inquiry. If the propeller of the said drone is scratched, bent, or damaged please replace it immediately to avoid any untoward incident. It is also recommended to replace them at least every three months for proper maintenance of the said DJI drone. Thanks for your valued support and have a safe flight always.
2020-2-10
Use props
mouthpiec
lvl.3
Malta

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-10 10:38
Hello and good day mouthpiec. Thanks for reaching out and for the inquiry. If the propeller of the said drone is scratched, bent, or damaged please replace it immediately to avoid any untoward incident. It is also recommended to replace them at least every three months for proper maintenance of the said DJI drone. Thanks for your valued support and have a safe flight always.

thanks for your reply .... is there a particular reason why props need to be replaced every 3 months?
my props have 17hrs of fly time, never touched anything, no scratches etc.

I dont mind replacing them, but I would like to understand the reason behind it.
2020-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules