Video Feed Problems // Low Battery?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

Today I flew my P3A in Raleigh NC, outdoor temperature was 91 degrees fahrenheit.

I have 23 flights under my belt and I have had no video problems. After battery hit 30% the video began breaking up on screen as seen in the video. This is while the device was hovering immediately next to me.

I put in a new battery 15 minutes later, everything was fine. That battery hit 30% and the video quality went to terrible again.

Has this happened to you?

2015-6-13
Use props
Mark97564
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

Yes and the only way to fix the issue is land the p3 and power cycle it..  It even happens to my $1400 lightbridge system I put on my F550, and when it happens lightbridge constantly keeps changing channels.. It's like it detects a problem and tries to change the channel but nothing will cure it except power cycling the lightbridge air unit or the p3p.  So the issue definitely lies in the air unit part of lightbridge because power cycling the ground unit or the p3p's controller won't fix the issue...

Also Jon, if you have video cache enabled in the pilot app when ever you record with the p3 the app will Aldo record the video on the tablet so you don't need to take video with your cell phone because the video on the tablet will record what ever you see on the tablets screen

Here look at my thread on this and watch the you tube videos I uploaded, you will see how cache your video pays off.. Also if you loose your p3 you will have the video on your tablet to replay to help you locate where it went along with the flight records...

http://forum.dji.com/thread-16126-1-1.html
2015-6-13
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for your response! Does the video cache setting save a extra keep to the sd card or on my iPad?
2015-6-14
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

Great news! 45 minutes of flight time, 3 battery charges and I have not had the same problem with the iPad!!! THANKS FOR SOLVING THE PROBLEM!!!!
2015-6-14
Use props
jon.mcclay
lvl.1

United States

Interesting development, I updated to the firmware that was released 6-15-15. It helped my Gimbal stability some...however that issue is not resolved.

Today I experienced the video lag again at 30%. Video over 2,000 feet away is perfect quality. P3A is at 30%, 20 feet away and the video quality is terrible. I checked that hardware decoding was on, tried turning it on and off. The setting off created worse video, but it was still crap at 30%. I'm hoping they know this is a issue and will fix it in the future.
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules