1466 17 2022-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

So, as most already know, i am getting a new Mavic 3 from Dji. I was also made aware by a fellow pilot that there could be an issue with the RC so i decided to buy another one but the costs for a new one here is like $500NZD. I dont want to fly my drone with a RC that could be faulty and cause further issues. Is there anyone here that has one that they want to offload at a cheap cost either locally or maybe from Aussie?
2022-1-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was also made aware by a fellow pilot that there could be an issue with the RC .
But you weren't using the controller when the problem happened.
It was in an automated flight mode.

2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-12 19:03
I was also made aware by a fellow pilot that there could be an issue with the RC .

You're right, that does make sense.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-12 19:03

But could the RC not have an issue that caused it to disconnect from the drone?
2022-1-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Suren Posted at 1-12 19:05
But could the RC not have an issue that caused it to disconnect from the drone?

And if there was a problem with the controller, you would expect the drone to have came home easily when signal was lost.

I doubt the issue was in the controller.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Labroides Posted at 1-12 19:06
And if there was a problem with the controller, you would expect the drone to have came home easily when signal was lost.

I doubt the issue was in the controller.

Thanks Mate, appreciate your advice.
2022-1-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for reaching out. It would be best to test the RC-N1 remote controller that you have on your new DJI Mavic 3 to see if there will be any flight issues and before purchasing another RC-N1 remote controller. Thank you.
2022-1-12
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-12 19:39
Hello there Suren. Good day and thank you for reaching out. It would be best to test the RC-N1 remote controller that you have on your new DJI Mavic 3 to see if there will be any flight issues and before purchasing another RC-N1 remote controller. Thank you.

I will do that. My biggest concern is what if this happens again. It makes me afraid if it decides to fly off again
2022-1-12
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Suren Posted at 1-12 22:48
I will do that. My biggest concern is what if this happens again. It makes me afraid if it decides to fly off again

Hi Suren,

While RC could be possibly reason for disconnect, thing that drone was not going to home point and rather flew oposite direction should be not.

But I strongly suggest to replace cable between RC and phone and also check connections carefully as on your screenshot there was error like when phone is disconnected. Phone connectors are usually influenced by dust making unstable connection. In past with old Mavic Pro Platinum I experienced strange thing, I had bad cable and connection between controller and phone was like jumping on and off, and in this jumping state drone was totaly uncontrollable and was moving even without RC commands. I suppose that time it was due to instable connection between phone and RC probably power was fluctuating or so making also whole RC unstable leading to unexpected aircraft moves. After replacing that cable everything was back to normal.
2022-1-13
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

My Mavic 3 Cine is grounded until the next FW upgrade. Too many issues with the M3 at the moment to trust it.
2022-1-13
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

I would be tempted to believe Labroides interpretation of events and also follow Dji's advice re testing of your existing controller.
2022-1-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I would save your money and keep RC and maybe save for a RC Pro .
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DH_Pilot Posted at 1-13 00:40
Hi Suren,

While RC could be possibly reason for disconnect, thing that drone was not going to home point and rather flew oposite direction should be not.

Yeah, I Know from the Mavic 1 days the Dji supplied cables are not good so I always use my own. I will get another cable and try when the drone arrives.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

bjr981s Posted at 1-13 03:28
My Mavic 3 Cine is grounded until the next FW upgrade. Too many issues with the M3 at the moment to trust it.

This is something many have said so far. I guess many don't want to take any chances.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 1-13 04:09
I would save your money and keep RC and maybe save for a RC Pro .

I have the money kept aside for the RC Pro but waiting for the first batch to finish in New Zealand and will only buy when another batch comes in. I will now thread lightly being an early adopter.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

yogi053 Posted at 1-13 03:35
I would be tempted to believe Labroides interpretation of events and also follow Dji's advice re testing of your existing controller.

I will be getting another cable if and when my drone ships and give that a go.
2022-1-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Surren you might like to have a look at https://forum.dji.com/thread-254408-1-1.html .
Second hand mini 2 etc. controllers are fairly cheap on ebay UK, perhaps they are similarly priced in New Zealand.
2022-1-13
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 1-13 17:13
Surren you might like to have a look at https://forum.dji.com/thread-254408-1-1.html .
Second hand mini 2 etc. controllers are fairly cheap on ebay UK, perhaps they are similarly priced in New Zealand.

Thanks Mate. So it seems that the Mini 2 RC also works on the Mavic 3 from reading those posts. I assumed only the Air2S RC will work.
2022-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules