P4 RTk Terrain Awareness Mode, "Low GNSS accuracy" message
1371 9 2022-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

I've done a lot of successful 2D and 3D mapping with my P4 RTK and recently attempted to do a flight with the Terrain Awareness mode.  As best as I can determine, everything was planned correctly and the DSM loaded correctly but, when attempting to invoke the launch, I would get a message "Low GNSS accuracy.  Enable RTK services for increased flight safety."  Wide open area, good view of the sky, lots of satellites, good communications between the drone, controller and RTK base station.  Everything appeared to be good so continued on with the Invoke but nothing would start in the "Self-check Before Executing Task" screen when sliding the "Slide to Execute" slider on the yellow bar. In that same screen, the "aircraft GNSS signal" displayed "Good (14)".  So, shut everything down and restarted the whole process.  Did that three times with same results.  As a last ditch effort and running out of time, I quickly created a 2D flight plan for the site and successfully launched and flew without any issues.  Any insights as to why the system would give me that message while trying to do Terrain Awareness mode flight when there seemed to be excellent satellite reception, and then work just fine in a regular 2D mode?  What am I missing? Thanks.
2022-10-28
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

What is the format of your DSM ? Which coordinates syteme do you use ?
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

LV_Forestry Posted at 10-29 04:59
What is the format of your DSM ? Which coordinates syteme do you use ?

Thank you for the reply.  The DSM is a tif with a tfw created in the WSG84 coordinate system.  Below is a photo of the controller screen that seems to indicate that the DSM was recognized correctly and the the flight plan elevations correspond correctly to the DSM.

2022-10-29
Use props
LV_Forestry
First Officer
Flight distance : 4726654 ft
Latvia

djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz Posted at 10-29 08:03
Thank you for the reply.  The DSM is a tif with a tfw created in the WSG84 coordinate system.  Below is a photo of the controller screen that seems to indicate that the DSM was recognized correctly and the the flight plan elevations correspond correctly to the DSM.

[view_image]

Hard to say,
Here is an interesting thread : https://forum.dji.com/thread-188619-1-1.html
2022-10-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
Sorry for the late reply.
We will check this problem asap and keep you updated.
Thank you for your understanding.
2022-10-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there.
We have confirmed with the relevant team and this is normal. Please don't worry. In order to ensure the safety of Terrain Awareness Mode, RTK positioning must be used.
2022-10-31
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 10-31 01:58
Hi, there.
We have confirmed with the relevant team and this is normal. Please don't worry. In order to ensure the safety of Terrain Awareness Mode, RTK positioning must be used.

Thank you for the reply.  However, I had good GNSS and RTK signals.  The controller said that GNSS accuracy was low and that I needed to use RTK.  But, I did have good RTK and GNSS as well.  So, the problem is that, although all communications and signals were good, the system would not recognize the good accuracy of either and would not launch.  This problem occurred only when trying to launch the Terrain Awareness flight plan.  Attempted to several times.  Shut everything down and started everything up several times but no success.  When I loaded a 2D flight plan using RTK, it took right off and worked well.  Why did the Terrain Awareness mode not recognize either the good GNSS and RTK accuracy?

Thank you.
2022-11-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz Posted at 11-6 11:53
Thank you for the reply.  However, I had good GNSS and RTK signals.  The controller said that GNSS accuracy was low and that I needed to use RTK.  But, I did have good RTK and GNSS as well.  So, the problem is that, although all communications and signals were good, the system would not recognize the good accuracy of either and would not launch.  This problem occurred only when trying to launch the Terrain Awareness flight plan.  Attempted to several times.  Shut everything down and started everything up several times but no success.  When I loaded a 2D flight plan using RTK, it took right off and worked well.  Why did the Terrain Awareness mode not recognize either the good GNSS and RTK accuracy?

Thank you.

Thanks for the update.
If only Terrain Awareness Mode cannot be performed, other tasks can be performed. Could you please provide a complete operation video and DSM file for us to check more details?
2022-11-6
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

Attempted to use Terrain Awareness mode again today but receive the same "Precaution" notice when starting "Invoke" and it will not execute.  RTK and GNSS appear to be working great.  What am I missing?

2023-6-12
Use props
djiuser_ORF9m5gFxhsz
lvl.2

United States

Attached is the DSM TIF file

AdjustedMurphyElev.zip

1.51 KB, Down times: 0

2023-6-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now