WRONG PROP GUARDS ON AMAZON
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chrroman
lvl.1
United States

Careful ladies and gents. I just received prop guards and quickly found out they are for the phantom 2 only although their ad states they fit the 3. The screws are too short. I then went back to the posting and realized all the reviews are fake. Looks like the dude is trying to ride the massive influx of phantom 3 orders. I feel like a moron. Anyhow, the link to the ad is below. Stay away.

http://www.amazon.com/Phantom-Pr ... antom+3+prop+guards

2015-9-2
Use props
Sling Shot
lvl.3

United States

Don't feel like a moron...Amazon usually don't let these things pass through and when we order from them..(usually) we are getting what we paid for. Did they make things right?
2015-9-2
Use props
chrroman
lvl.1
United States

Gonna return tomorrow. $10 is not that big of a headache after the hundreds I spent on this thing already but I could def do without the wasted time.
2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

chrroman Posted at 2015-9-3 08:06
Gonna return tomorrow. $10 is not that big of a headache after the hundreds I spent on this thing al ...

i got the orange and black ones, they worked great.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-28738-1-1.html
go to the bottom of the thread to see.
2015-9-2
Use props
chrroman
lvl.1
United States

Yeah Just ordered those now. Love the all black phantom!
2015-9-2
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

chrroman Posted at 2015-9-3 08:26
Yeah Just ordered those now. Love the all black phantom!

I advise not over torquing the screws. Either use special loctite for plastic or religiously check screws every day b4 flight.
I chk mine every night after I come back from flying the p3
2015-9-2
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

If anyone is looking for compatible props guards, all props guards listed here will fit the Phantom 3:
http://www.PhantomHelp.com/#PropsP3

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-9-2
Use props
Nicholas Rønsho
lvl.3

Denmark

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-3 02:42
I advise not over torquing the screws. Either use special loctite for plastic or religiously check ...

Heard from Gary a little nail polish as threadlockere would be good ? Dont know if it will be hard to disassemble again ?

I just check the screws reguarely
2015-9-3
Use props
pi-inthesky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

Would you put remoulds on a Ferrari dji approved props onlyyyyyyyyyyyyy never compromise..
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

Nicholas Rønsho Posted at 2015-9-3 20:41
Heard from Gary a little nail polish as threadlockere would be good ? Dont know if it will be hard ...

Nail polish would work, I've used it many times on other projects, my concern is on these little screws, would the come off easily? I purchased Vibra-TITE VC-3 Threadmate on Amazon.
But Gary knows what he is talking about so if he said nail polish then I would be ok using it
2015-9-3
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Nail polish could "melt" the plastic and make it hard to reuse the hole a second time.
2015-9-3
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

ag0n Posted at 2015-9-4 12:10
Nail polish could "melt" the plastic and make it hard to reuse the hole a second time.

FYI:
i actually went and  put some on a broken landing gear and it didnt melt it, now i assume they would be of same type of plastic!!
2015-9-3
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft
United States

These are the ones that I ordered.  They use 4 of the screws instead of just two.  I had purchased a set of the ones with two screws...but never installed them.  Decided to got with the better ones and the fact that they are quick release.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25176754 ... =STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
2015-9-3
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

I have been looking for quick release ones that use all 6 screws like the strong arms from here: http://www.uavbits.net/store/p28 ... orcement_plate.html
2015-9-4
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
United States

venomx15301 Posted at 2015-9-4 20:57
I have been looking for quick release ones that use all 6 screws like the strong arms from here: htt ...

i have talked with gary at uavbits and he is in the process of making them for quick disconnect guards. he said a couple weeks out!!
2015-9-4
Use props
venomx15301
lvl.3

United States

rayrokni Posted at 2015-9-4 11:58
i have talked with gary at uavbits and he is in the process of making them for quick disconnect gu ...

Yeah I emailed him soon after I posted here to ask if he had plans to. Thanks!
2015-9-5
Use props
jfrangakis
lvl.1

United States

Use Loctite 425 Blue for screw locking in plastic.
2015-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules