MC Issue with sticks
5082 19 2015-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

Hey guys, something happen not sure what, but this problem seems easy but hard to solve. Channel monitor A =22, T=-4 & X1= 25 which suppose to be zero.
This makes my phantom vision 2+ hard to controll. Please help! Thank you!
Controller.png

2015-11-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

Did you run the software based calibration?
if the answer for the above is yes and it didn't work did you do the non software "direct" calibration of the TX?
2015-11-9
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

All pots are made UNEQUALLY. The moment you hit the calibration button, it will show you the imbalance. What you need to do is tell it where the new min and max values are. You are basically re-aligning your sticks again.
Just recalibrate all your sticks, tilt dial and switches in the RC12 and then repeat in the P2 Phantom assist software.
2015-11-9
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-11-9 22:15
Did you run the software based calibration?
if the answer for the above is yes and it didn't work di ...

Here is the list of things that I have done, I calibrate using the DJI RC System Assistant & DJI Phantom 2 Vision Assistant software, no luck! Then I have also tried the calibrating from the MC itself but still no luck ! Then I have no clue what to do...could it be internal problem? I didn't drop it anywhere, been using it for 5 months and this is the first time I'm getting the problem.
2015-11-9
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-11-10 06:39
All pots are made UNEQUALLY. The moment you hit the calibration button, it will show you the imbalan ...

How do I tilt dial and switches in the RC12?
2015-11-9
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

Motors Start failure caused by TX stick(s) mid point error too big
If the TX stick(s) mid point error is too big, Motors Start will fail when you execute the Combination Stick Commands (CSC) and lead to the aircraft will not takeoff.. And the LED will blink Red four times per second continually to warn you.
TX stick(s) mid point error too big can be caused by the following reasons:
(1)        There is TX stick (except the throttle stick) not at center when power on the autopilot system.
(2)        The TX sticks has been trimmed, which leads to the large deviation of mid point. For example, the SUB-TRIM has been adjusted for Futaba transmitter.
(3)        The TX stick(s) travel has larger asymmetry.
For the reason (1), please put all TX sticks at the mid point, and then power cycle the autopilot system to re-record the mid point. If the problem continues, that can be caused by the reason (2) or reason (3), you need to adjust the output range of your TX, and then use the Assistant Software to   redo the TX calibration. Please carry out the following procedures.
(1)        Connect to the Assistant software, click Basic-> R/C-> Command Sticks Calibration, and push all TX sticks throughout their complete travel range to see if any stick cannot reach its largest position.
(2)        Adjust the largest travel of TX stick until the cursor on the Assistant software can reach both end positions, according to your TX manual.
(3)        Power cycle the autopilot system, note that power cycle is required.
(4)        Redo the TX calibration according to the Assistant software.

This is what DJI software says. Not sure what to do?
2015-11-9
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-10 15:06
Motors Start failure caused by TX stick(s) mid point error too big
If the TX stick(s) mid point erro ...

Did you try the direct TX calibration without the use of the software?

second post here has the instructions on how to perform the no SW calibration.
2015-11-10
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-10 17:49
How do I tilt dial and switches in the RC12?

just move them to register the movements (even though the software says it doesn't). Move the tilt slowly up and down.
2015-11-10
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

quanthonytrang Posted at 2015-11-11 06:25
just move them to register the movements (even though the software says it doesn't). Move the tilt ...

This is my controller, it's the upgraded version.

fe931408-49a0-403c-9959-6d135fc0fcb4.jpg
This is what happens when I use the software, even I have pushed it to the max level but it just doesn't reach 1000. I tired calibrating from the controller itself without any software, still no luck.
control 1.png

2015-11-10
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-11-10 23:35
Did you try the direct TX calibration without the use of the software?

second post here has the i ...

Yup I tried a several times, it isn't working for me, don't know what's the problem still.  Could it be an internal problem for some reason ? The controller didn't drop nor hit anything. How do I perform power cycle ? Is it just on and off the phantom ?

I don't understand this solution one user posted.
[size=14.6667px]" U probably solved the problem but here goes my fix. I had the same error today. I rebound the rc controller with the dji phantom 2 vision, then connected the controller with my pc and using rc assistant i calibrated the rc controller. That fixed my problem "
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/grounded-error-29.1722/[size=14.6667px]

Another Solution I don't understand
" Its happened to me a few times, especially while setting up new controller, once with stock controller.
When you plug it into the NAZA software you might see that when you move the sticks, it does not travel the full distance its supposed to.
I usually try to get all the sticks centred manually then disconnect the battery, then connect it back up again and re-calibrate.
Not sure why it does it in the first place. "
http://www.djiguys.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1010
2015-11-10
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-10 23:25

Both screen shots of the RC assistant you took are done while in the middle of the calibration process. Please post screenshots after you completed the calibration per the cali instructions.
2015-11-11
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-11-11 21:40
Both screen shots of the RC assistant you took are done while in the middle of the calibration pro ...

This is it, after I follow to process one by one it show this.

control 2.png

2015-11-11
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-11 08:35

looks good, everything zero,  like it's supposed to be. How about the value with the stick(s)  at the extreme corners?
2015-11-11
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-12 01:35

You are good to go.
2015-11-11
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-11 16:25

It will never be accurate in calibration mode. Like I said, not all potentiometers are made equally. When you hit calibrate, it unmasks the true read outs of the potentiometers.

All you need to do is max out the sticks so the software can "re-align" what values when you let go of the sticks and what values when you max out
2015-11-11
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

PanamonCreel Posted at 2015-11-11 23:35
looks good, everything zero,  like it's supposed to be. How about the value with the stick(s)  at  ...

This is when I pushed all the sticks to the MAX! Suppose to be 1000/-1000 as you know but I can't figure out why its not going to the max.

control 1.png

2015-11-12
Use props
vctavindk
lvl.1

Malaysia

I thought the same it's good to go but that's the problem, it doesn't stand in one place in GPS mode and hands off the stick...It moves back and left. Which suppose not to happen. If you see my first post Aileron and Throttle is not 0, I suspect the phantom is reading it as value (22,-4).
2015-11-12
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-12 04:47
This is when I pushed all the sticks to the MAX! Suppose to be 1000/-1000 as you know but I can't f ...

You again show a screenshot while in the middle of the calibration process, I want to see the values once you finalized the calibration. During calibration the values for the min. , max. and center position of each control potentiometer are determined and when calibration is finalized the min. to center and max. to center values are divided into 1000 increments and stored.
Next, when things are OK in the RC assistant, move onto the Phantom assistant and show screenshots of the center and max. stick positions there ( please not in calibration mode)

When you say it moves in the air while you let go of the sticks can you please be more specific. Does it keep on moving in the same direction without ever stopping?  does it move around but stays in an area of xx feet/meters? ...?

2015-11-12
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

vctavindk@hotma Posted at 2015-11-12 21:54
I thought the same it's good to go but that's the problem, it doesn't stand in one place in GPS mo ...

You know there is a tolerance of -/+ 2metres for GPS. It will move around even more if you are near ground level as it can get upsetted by its own turbulence/vortex.

Are you getting TBE (toilet bowl effect)?

Try getting some altitude and fly straight for 20m and then pull back and see if it returns to the same spot. If it does, then you are good to go. If it comes back but you are way off then you may need to redo a compass dance in an open field.

And do a screen capture of the RC12/P2 Assist software when the control calibrations is COMPLETE (azimuths should be green and on zero).
2015-11-12
Use props
djiuser_nyVSwgeDInko
New
Flight distance : 41729 ft
United States

Can someone help i have called dji 12 and they arent helping and i have a dji phantom 1 and i am getting a TX sticks mid point to big error how do i fix this
2020-11-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules