P3P Shaky & Choppy Footage?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rmh2003
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483917 ft
United States

Can someone please help me understand what is wrong? I checked online and saw the vibration issue and to set the yaw to 90% but what else could be wrong?

2016-2-29
Use props
wellsi
First Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I can't see any choppiness off You Tube; are you shooting in hi-def (2.7k or 4k) and trying to watch on a laptop or mid-range PC?  Hi-def won't play back properly; try shooting in 1080 and see if you still see the same problem.

Ian
2016-2-29
Use props
Anderjon
lvl.3
Flight distance : 666893 ft
United Kingdom

I can see what you mean, def choppy back and forth., couple of things spring to mind. One is to make sure you only have 2 anti-drop pins on your gimbal; second is you might have a defective prop. Have u tried swapping props out?
2016-2-29
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

Try a new sd card just to get that out of the way.

is it possible dirt or sand in gimbal /motors ....seems like it is trying to "adjust" in some way!

good luck and have fun flying!

+1
on checking the props and pins.
2016-2-29
Use props
mcscott.formsto
lvl.1

United States

Is this a brand new P3?

I'm gonna ask the most obvious question only because I have seen this several times....

Did you remove the foam packing block on the back of the camera/gimbal?  It's easy to miss and several instructions forget to tell you about it.

Right here on the fora
2016-2-29
Use props
SwedishDroneDud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 164098 ft

Sweden

Have you checked the dampeners on the gimball they might be worn and need to be replaced.
2016-2-29
Use props
Bhujang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 534587 ft
United Kingdom

Did you try auto gimbal calibration? How does the IMU test?
2016-2-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Yes, there is definitely some movement in that footage, but it only seems to be horizontally. You might check that the foam block has been removed, and also put it in a hover just in front of you and look to see if you can see any movement of the camera.

It does not seem to be a problem when the aircraft is on the ground, only in the air. Next try swapping the props for the spare set.
2016-2-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules