DISTANCE
1789 17 2016-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djsm33
lvl.2

Thanks guys for replying,
Another question if you dont mind answering is I stay on ash road in osceola indiana zip 46561 so what distance do you think I will get in this area where i will still be able to see live feed on my screen and do any of the range extenders work as i will be just using wifi and not a cell plan, your help is very much appreciated
2016-3-3
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

What drone are you doing to use? do you have a picture of the place?...
2016-3-4
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117697 ft
United States

I live in Georgia and can see the moon from my house. What do you think the chances are I can see New York from my house?

Sorry for being a smart butt, but I totally don't understand your question.
2016-3-4
Use props
DJI-Tim
DJI team

Hong Kong

ccbiggz Posted at 2016-3-4 18:07
I live in Georgia and can see the moon from my house. What do you think the chances are I can see th ...

Maybe he is asking this question cause that area is special in some way...
2016-3-4
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Tim Posted at 2016-3-4 05:09
Maybe he is asking this question cause that area is special in some way...

Is his question referring to a Geofenced location?
2016-3-4
Use props
djsm33
lvl.2

Im using a standard and was giving the area to see if any nice guys would be able to tell by the location if i would get good distance from it
2016-3-4
Use props
djsm33
lvl.2

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.7107935,-86.0558318,594m/data=!3m1!1e3
this is the area im in
2016-3-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

This is  a difficult  question and hard to answer . In general  keep line  sight of your aircraft and when pushing distance do it incrementally, go out an extra 50-75 feet each time.   Each geographic area will have limitations, I was out in an open field and had terrible reception, but by my house was excellent, each area has to be tested.   Dont wast your money on range extenders, just save up and buy an advanced or pro.  I owned the pro and was able to achieve just under 3 miles, my Inspire is about the same.  Unless there is something special about Ash road, YOU are going to have to see for yourself.  According to Google maps,  I see nothing that should interfere with you flights with a Phantom Standaard.

have Fun and Fly Safe- donnie
2016-3-4
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Yes,  Like the others said,  every place is different.  There is no way to tell by looking at a picture what kind of range you will get with your Standard.  None of the Phantoms need cellular to work,  so that does not matter.  The Standard has a much shorter range than the Advanced or the Professional,  but it also cost a lot less.  And it is still fun to fly and takes good pictures and video.   The only thing you can do is try it and see what kind or range you get.  Because it is wifi,  there may be a lot of interference in your area or there may not be.  If you need a lot of range,  save up some money and buy an Advanced.  Or maybe,  you might find out you don't even like flying a Phantom and would rather have a drone that is good for racing or stunting.  The Phantom is not good for those things.  No matter what,  have fun.

2016-3-4
Use props
djsm33
lvl.2

Thanks for the reply's its appreciated
2016-3-4
Use props
ccbiggz
lvl.3
United States

djsm33 Posted at 2016-3-4 16:13
Thanks for the reply's its appreciated

Sorry for my jerk comment earlier. It was early and I only had one cup of coffee.
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

OK, so you have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard and this is the location you are flying. Images2.jpg

Assuming you are new at this.  Well this looks like a very good area to begin your experience flying your "drone", "bird", "quad copter".
The PS3 standard is not a long range bird, but it is still a very awesome device.  You should be able to get 500 meters (1640 feet) distance at an altitude of 121 meters ( roughly 400 feet).

You can extend that range with a DIY windsufer that reflects the signal forward.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-23565-1-1.html

Also, you can lookup the Argtek or DBS mod as well.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-42494-1-1.html

A few tips to follow are to first, practice, practice, practice before trying to go crazy and use the other features like follow me, orbit, etc.
Learn the DJI Go app functions such as the RTH (return to Home) RTH fail safe altitude (height)

I did an Argtek mod and get a solid signal 1.5 miles away.  Other with the DIY Windsurfer reached close to the same. Many say the DBS mod for the standard is the best choice.

Watch these videos to get an uderstanding of each feature as well.
https://www.youtube.com/user/goblinpicturesger/videos

Later on look up Geofencing and also FAA regulations and registration (very hot topic here).
http://www.faa.gov/uas/

2016-3-4
Use props
djsm33
lvl.2

haha its all good
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

Oh another hint.  Once you got the RTH fail safe set (I did 80m). take your bird and just flight it straight out with a good line of sight with no houses or anything in its path.
Just keep flying straight out non stop till your signal bars are gone and get a no signal.
You can flick the left toggle switch up and down two times to hear a beep, beep, beep to kick off the RTH or just wait and it will kick in itself.

Again, practice where no one or property could get hurt.  
2016-3-4
Use props
djsm33
lvl.2

thank you as all information is appreciated
2016-3-4
Use props
djsm33
lvl.2

is ther a point where it will tell you that you can no longer use the rth function ie if i fly it to far
2016-3-4
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
United States

djsm33 Posted at 2016-3-4 16:36
is ther a point where it will tell you that you can no longer use the rth function ie if i fly it to ...

You can either turn it off (don't) or it will just kick in automatically when you lose signal.You will hear beeping from the controller and also the screen will slap you with a Return to Home prompts and marquee.

I ran tests with flying over high WiFi infected areas (suburbs etc) and out in fields much like your area.
I just kept it flying till everything from the FPV (first person view) and the RC signal was gone.

The RTH feature kicked in and it flew itself back.
Again, set your RTH fail safe height or it will fly low and hit something (another hot topic here).

Granted, it scares you while you wait to see something on the screen and sometime yousit there waiting it seems like forever.

Once you get FPV and RC signal back and you can have control, you can cancel the RTH on the DJI Go app and take over flying.

Another test you can do is fly your bird out a bit and just turn off the Remote.
This will initiate the RTH feature.

2016-3-4
Use props
dustinjohn2
lvl.2

djsm33 Posted at 2016-3-5 02:47
Im using a standard and was giving the area to see if any nice guys would be able to tell by the loc ...

Hey, bro.  If you are in the country, away from power lines, buildings, etc., then you should get around the max distance as advertised on the standard.  However, if you are flying in a neighborhood, with lots of stuff, houses, light poles, street lights, then you won't get that far.  Maybe this will help?  And all the above means is that.. well, take some of these guys in Asia for instance when they are breaking these distance records.  have you noticed what they are flying over?  It is bare grass/water lands, with ZERO interferance.  When I fly in m y neighborhood, with houses and typical neighborhood stuff, the distance isn't that good because too many other radio waves and magnetic waves and electrical currents all around.
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules