1244 3 2016-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davik
lvl.1

Costa Rica

Hi all,

Just upgraded Inspire Pro with X5 to latest firmware v1.4.0.70
After upgrade TXT file showed that update was successful and everything seemed fine to me.

Restarted Inspire to check About screen noticed that actually only camera firmware version has been updated to 1.4.0.70 (which seems OK, as according to information from DJI http://forum.dji.com/thread-44617-1-1.html upgrade contains only camera and gimbal updates).

Then I noticed that "Gimbal yaw reset" function is not working properly. After pressing icon "Reset gimbal yaw" or clicking C1 button (I have setup it to reset gimbal yaw) gimbal position is reset only in horizontal way, but vertical alignment is not reset.

In other words if camera was turned left and down, after resetting its horizontal position is reset, but vertically it still looking down. I tried to recalibrated gimbal several times using corresponding menu option (this function is working well and literally resets gimbal to correct position), but simple gimbal reset still doesn't work properly. At the same time all other gimbal functions are working well. I could use wheel to adjust vertical gimbal position back to center, but it's obviously not convenient during the flight.

I did several restarts of everything tried to connect slave controller and use gimbal function there, still same incorrect functioning (only horizontal orientation is reset).

For me it seems like a bug in the firmware, where Y axis reset simply has been forgotten while resetting gimbal position.

May be I've missed something? ANY ideas (except downgrading to previous firmware) are welcome

2016-3-9
Use props
mikael
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24199 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I have the same problem with the previous firmware. Will update my Inspire 1 Pro to the new firmware tomorrow and see what happens. I didn't realize this was a problem until I saw your post. Mine has always only reset the camera horizontally.
2016-3-12
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Same here. All mine ever reset was Yaw (Horizontal), and is marked "Reset gimbal Yaw. That is all it is intended to do. Page 37, Inspire user manual.

Pitch, roll, Yaw diagram

Pitch, roll, Yaw diagram
2016-3-13
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe the clue is in the name of the function?......Reset gimbal YAW !!!!
2016-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules