Whats New With The New PHANTOM 3 FIRMWARE UPDATE?
1991 16 2016-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

Should i update it? i really dont want to because right now my bird is flying good no issues and ive read people are starting to experience problems
do i really need to update

2016-3-29
Use props
Madmaxxed
lvl.1

United States

Is this a completely new update and is it for the Standard version?  I just recently purchased my P3S and did the initial firmware update before first flight.  I haven't noticed any prompts for updating.  If there is new firmware would it prompt me to download right from the main DJI Go app screen?
2016-3-29
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

well i havent flown my bird since the first of march so when i turned it on it said it needed a update but , im still able to fly, i just known from past talk that dji kinda sneaks things into thier updates like stricter guidelines on where the drone can and can not fly, yes i know other things are prob good for the update but still , everythings working fine for me
2016-3-29
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Troubleshooter Posted at 2016-3-30 07:27
well i havent flown my bird since the first of march so when i turned it on it said it needed a upda ...

Your app is simply reminding you that a new version is available but whether to update or not  is your choice.
Go to the app store and check to see what's new in the app.
Is there anything that is relevant to you are important for your model?
The last few versions have been irrelevant to the Phantom 3 series.
2016-3-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI recommends updating to the latest firmware for the best user experience.
2016-3-29
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-29 22:59

Hi Ken . Having not flown my Phantom 3 pro much,  iam still on firmware 1.1.9, is it possible to update to the latest firmware or do I need to update all the previous firmware
2016-3-29
Use props
phillips.max
New

Australia

Why has the option of 25fps been deleted from the latest update?
2016-3-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

derekoneill99 Posted at 2016-3-29 17:34
Hi Ken . Having not flown my Phantom 3 pro much,  iam still on firmware 1.1.9, is it possible to up ...

Derek, read my tips page.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
hope it helps

-donnie
2016-3-29
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

Donnie Posted at 2016-3-30 00:23
Derek, read my tips page.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

Thank you for the tips
2016-3-29
Use props
Troubleshooter
lvl.3
  • >>>

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-30 05:59

yeah thats good to know but Ken, whats in the update is it more restrictions?
2016-3-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

phillips.max Posted at 2016-3-30 10:10
Why has the option of 25fps been deleted from the latest update?

I don't know why they would delete it, are you in PAL or NTSC mode. The 25 fps choice only appears in PAL mode.
2016-3-30
Use props
phillips.max
New

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-30 16:05
I don't know why they would delete it, are you in PAL or NTSC mode. The 25 fps choice only appears ...

Ahh, maybe it flipped me back to NTSC after the firmware update.  I'll check
2016-3-30
Use props
phillips.max
New

Australia

Geebax Posted at 2016-3-30 16:05
I don't know why they would delete it, are you in PAL or NTSC mode. The 25 fps choice only appears ...

Thanks. I was in NTSC!
2016-3-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Troubleshooter Posted at 2016-3-30 15:46
yeah thats good to know but Ken, whats in the update is it more restrictions?

No much changed, you can always look at the DJI website downloads page for your aircraft to see the release notes.
2016-3-30
Use props
exumadude
New

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-3-30 21:58
No much changed, you can always look at the DJI website downloads page for your aircraft to see th ...

Is it true that the update is only for the Phantom Standard?  The file extension under the zip begins with PS3 so that is what I thought to begin with, but after reading I understand that the P3 Standard can be all upgraded via wifi??
Can you please verify this for me? Also, why does the file extension read that way for the P3 Adv.?
Thanks
2016-4-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

exumadude@aol.c Posted at 2016-4-2 14:05
Is it true that the update is only for the Phantom Standard?  The file extension under the zip beg ...

All the aircraft have had updates so I'm not sure what you mean by only Standard has updates.
Yes, the P3 Standard is only updated through your app. The P3S is the file for the Phantom 3 Advanced and you cannot download that and use it for your Standard.
And the file for the Phantom 3 Pro is P3X, that's just how they are named.
But you can only download the P3S or P3X files from the Advanced or Pro page so I'm unclear as to how you came to download those anyways considering you have a Standard.
2016-4-1
Use props
exumadude
New

I must of misspoken because I have a P3 Advanced and my query came from some of the other threads I had read.  Mine boils down to I have followed the directions to the letter, but my aircraft and camera will not accept the firmware.  I have tried every way I know how and still can't get the two to upgrade.
2016-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules