Correct QR prop lock location for white & Non-white dot!
2219 3 2016-4-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skaiser317
New

United States

Oh my god someone help. It may be out there but I am not searching through 150 threads as I can not find this. I am trying to change prop locks and can NOT tell between Black or Grey for the "white Dot" prop and No White dot. Are you kidding me. How about white and off-white???? Is this a joke on us? They use grey and black, and the screws to differentiate between where the white dot lock goes and non-white dot. Black and grey??????? I have heard of stupid but this is off the hook idiot idea. I tried to install them according to what appeared "black" and "Grey" and during take off it flipped on side and the props just kept spinning till they shredded with peices of plastic flying.

If I or someone would have been closer and the shards from the spinning props, that were disintegrating as I tried to shut it down, would have struck me in the eye or my child. Guess what and where I would have seen you DJI, you careless lack of customer support FING IDIOTS who only care about $$$$$$$$$$??????? Now you rely on a forum so the owners can tell others and answer question in lieu of having a REAL CUSTOMER BASED SERVICE. You certainly will be caring about money should someone get hurt with this idiotic idea of where to replace the props..

Alas, perhaps an update so the props stop if encounter and solid resistance (I thought this was part of and upgrade?) and you send out the proper location for QR locks (ie front right=white dot, front left=non-white dot)  so I can replace the worn out locks for the props to be safe and it not fall out of air so I get blamed for not updating and am charged another $700. Last time the thing flew off when it was first bought I sent it in for repair. No phone call saying what was discovered wrong, no nothing but a bill for $700+ and letter saying pay up and we'll send your Inspire back..  PAINT THE TOPS OF THE MOTOR FING RED=WHITE DOT PROP AND PLAIN BLACK TOP MOTORS ARE FOR NON WHITE DOTS. I would love for the guy with the beard to sit down and tell me which are grey and which are black on my Inspire one. He gets one chance and if it fails he pays me $1,000,000-I bet he will not take the challenge. I have one that looks grey the rest look silver. I just have to laugh at the way you decided to diferentiate which props go where. USING SCREWS that wear away in finish. Just paint the tops of the motors or make a schematic showing which go where and keep it the same for EVERY Quad, please.

2016-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure if this will help, but I have copied the links to the discussion on both newer props
white = counter clockwise CCW  white dot  ((silver motor shaft))
black = clockwise CW you can see this on the prop and the hub (molded into the plastic) ((black motor shaft))

1345S QR props
http://forum.dji.com/thread-10215-2-1.html
video by DJI

videos by a customers

1345T new locking hub (latest version)
http://forum.dji.com/thread-33012-1-1.html

video by DJI:

I hope this helps you  

Rich

2016-4-8
Use props
stevekais
lvl.1

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-4-9 00:53
Not sure if this will help, but I have copied the links to the discussion on both newer props
white  ...

Thanks but the colors on the screws are not even close to what they show as far as grey and black. Only one appears to be a different color. They are pretty muck all silver looking. I'm wondering if the color of the old props with top colors represent their counterparts in that silver top = white dot?

As an engineer with MS in arch engineering you would think I could differentiate the "grey" and "black" but somethings not right as the 3 I'm having problems with have been analyzed in every way, with tools I have sans jewelry loupe,which would be last alternative.

According to self tightening props the order facing front of aircraft is: left front silver or (white dot) and other silver top = white dot would be opposite side rear. So moving clockwise from front left prop facing craft: white dot , black (rear left side), white dot and finally black (front left).

That's what I'm going with. We'll see.

Now have to figure out why RC keeps giving me "disconnected " from quad after update.

Once I have this prop location correct I'm going to put up picture.
2016-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

stevekais@iclou Posted at 2016-4-9 13:14
Thanks but the colors on the screws are not even close to what they show as far as grey and black. ...

Steve

are you talking about the shoulder screws used to install the hubs onto the top of the motor ? Or the threaded motor shafts? All of the mounting shoulder screws are the same. But if you look closely at the threaded motor shafts one is silver and the other is black (dark) colored.

I hope you get it right..
I am sure you can figure it out watching the videos photos by everyone linked above.

Rich
2016-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules