Problems After Upgrade & I've searched!
1207 16 2016-4-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joshua.e.acosta
New

Hey folks,
Alright, so I updated my firmware to the latest version.  After the update, the bird won't recognize the gimbal at all.  It says no signal on the tablet when I'm hooked up to the RC.  It doesn't even do it's auto calibration when it turns on.   I also have the blue LED in the back (Travel Mode), I was manually able to get the legs inline with the body (screw under the gimbal mount) but that didn't even help.  When I power on the RC it says I have the latest firmware installed.  I've tried to put the SD back in and down grade (no dice) I have a buddy in the area that has an inspire 1, we used his gimbal, same result, does not do anything, no auto calibrate nothing.  I looked at ribbon cables, they seem to be fine, they were sturdily in place.  

I was able to get a hold of DJI this morning in about 30 minutes and get help, but they just suggested I try to downgrade the software, which I've already tried.  Any help on this would be great.  Thanks all!

2016-4-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You did not load anything to the Aircraft correct? ( after you updated the RC )   Then it is impossible to have the latest version on the aircraft.  You need to rollback the RC transmitter first to what ever version was on there before.  Now once you get the rollback done, connect back with the aircraft and get it out of Travel Mode.  Now load 1.8 into the aircraft.  When this is done Load the New 1.6 into the RC via the GO APP. DO NOT UPDATE THE TRANSMITTER TILL LAST
I am sure you loaded the RC first Not realizing  you need to always do the Aircraft first  .
Make sure when you rollback the RC you have a wireless internet connection and that you have the cable from the RC to the device with go app.  Make sure the  RC is on as well

I am going to give you my tips page, it is for the Phantom but the download rules are the same.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie
2016-4-12
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

2016-4-12
Use props
joshua.e.acosta
New

Hey Donnie,

Thanks for the reply.  I actually tried that last night but the bird wouldn't link with the downgraded controller.  When I have the updated controller linked with the bird it says that latest firmware updated as status.  Or something to that nature.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!
Joshua
2016-4-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am sorry you are having an issue.
can you post the hidden log file from the SD card. You installed the aircraft firmware with the correct BIN file from the Inspire1 DJI webpage right?

Windows system :
http://windows.microsoft.com/en- ... den-files=windows-7
Mac system :
http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/qu ... mac-os-x-mavericks/
2016-4-12
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 04:54
I am sorry you are having an issue.
can you post the hidden log file from the SD card. You installed ...

Ken,

Can you comment as to whether or not there is some issue with the latest FW updates?  I've got a P3P and there are a not insignificant number of posts on this latest drop about issues.

Is this just a freak occurrence that this many people are having issues, is there some combination of older/newer versions of the drones, etc.  Anything that would give cause to not do the upgrade?  I've avoided the update looking for some success stories..

Thanks..
Jay S.
2016-4-13
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-13 22:38
Ken,

Can you comment as to whether or not there is some issue with the latest FW updates?  I've g ...

I think it's mostly people with a P4 and from going fast to a stop, and some on P3.
Since low altitude hold is done by sonar it's the wave return that may be causing it.
I experienced it with a P4 but only from going fast to a stop.
2016-4-13
Use props
imagesbyjas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 286198 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 22:47
I think it's mostly people with a P4 and from going fast to a stop, and some on P3.
Since low alti ...

Ken,

Not sure that was meant for me and my question, but I'm more concerned about the overall ability to apply (successfully) the P3A latest RC, Aircraft (and in my case a message that the camera needs a FW upgrade).  The last time I got a Camera FW upgrade message it bricked a working 4K camera (private purchase but was working fine).

Jay S.
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

joshua.e.acosta Posted at 2016-4-12 15:21
Hey Donnie,

Thanks for the reply.  I actually tried that last night but the bird wouldn't link with ...

Which  version did you rollback to?  You want to rollback to the one that was on your aircraft prior.  If you have been keeping up on the updates it would be a rollback to 1.5.80 .  If you have not done updates in the past you may need to go farther back.

What version of FW do you have on the Aircraft  right now ?.    And You have not updated the Aircraft since you upgraded the RC correct ?  

Be sure to reply to my Post if you want my help-  Like I am doing to yours

Donnie
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

imagesbyjas Posted at 2016-4-13 10:23
Ken,

Not sure that was meant for me and my question, but I'm more concerned about the overall abi ...

I have noticed this a couple of Times on DJI Ken responses.  The response does not match the question.  

I am going to send him a message.  

donnie
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-4-13 09:47
Since low alti ...

Ken , I love ya brother but are you using a new system to answer forum members questions ?  I noticed the answer you are giving does not match the question asked.  Are you using like a split screen, new system  or something ? I am only trying to help, If this was  a " One of a kind "  I would just thought you confused one post for another.  But  since Friday something seems  different.  

Hope you are ok and it is just a bug in the  reply system at DJI-  donnie
2016-4-13
Use props
hendriks
New
Flight distance : 27001 ft
South Africa

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 18:29
Ken , I love ya brother but are you using a new system to answer forum members questions ?  I  ...

Hi Guys,
I have a similar problem  with the RC (Inspire 1)
I installed the latest software 1.8.0 on the aircraft with success, switched it off and then installed the software 1.6 on the RC . After that my controller basically freezes up with a solid blue light and all efforts ( after a thorough search on the net) to reset it failed, also the the gs_ofdm.bin file was of no help

any help??
2016-4-13
Use props
jasonx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30617 ft
United Kingdom

Ive done the update on my pro, and now I don't get a solid green light on the side of the camera anymore?! any ideas...

im not gonna fly it till I get this issue sorted...only had it a week!
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

hendriks Posted at 2016-4-13 13:19
Hi Guys,
I have a similar problem  with the RC (Inspire 1)
I installed the latest software 1.8.0 o ...

Try my file, It usually works with the blue light on.  Your RC update was corrupted some how.  Please follow the directions  carefully. (That old file you tried is out of date.)  Mine should work if you follow the directions 100%
Do Not use a mac to format the Thumb drive, use a PC.  Unless you know the MAC like a Zen master.  Otherwise digging a deeper hole.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

donnie

2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

jasonx@blueyond Posted at 2016-4-13 13:30
Ive done the update on my pro, and now I don't get a solid green light on the side of the camera any ...

Sorry  Jason, I dont know enough about the Pro to give solid advise.    Try to send a response to one of the Pilots with a Pro, see if they can help you.  I am "Good " at Inspire 1 and Pahantom advanced and Pro.

Sorry- donnie
Did you call DJI ?

2016-4-13
Use props
hendriks
New
Flight distance : 27001 ft
South Africa

Donnie Posted at 2016-4-13 20:44
Sorry  Jason, I dont know enough about the Pro to give solid advise.    Try to send a response to  ...

Many thanks Donnie , I followed your instructions and My RC brick came alive.
I am very grateful to you
2016-4-13
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

hendriks Posted at 2016-4-13 14:59
Many thanks Donnie , I followed your instructions and My RC brick came alive.
I am very grateful t ...

You are welcome, my pleasure.

Have Fun - donnie
2016-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules