Broken Live Streaming P3P but No RTH
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

Last night i got a problem with my bird, i took night aerial shot with my p3p. My friend flied in the same spot before me with his P4 without issue. When i turned on my P3P, in aircraft status is showing Radio Channel Quality = Poor (Strong Interference Fly With Caution). But after a couple seconds the warning is gone, it showed Radio Channel Quality = Good. So i fly my p3p up to 50m, and 200m away.
When im taking some pictures, suddenly my phone show No Signal (Black Screen), my remote led turned from green to red. I was panic. I can see the craft rear lights are still solid green. The bird just sit still in that position, i restart the DJI Go but still no Live Image (the remote is still RED).
And then i tried to turn off the remote, my friend told me not to do that. But i cant resist to turned off the remote, because i want my bird back. After i restart the bird come to RTH, i turned on the remote again so i can control the bird. And i landed straight away.

What happened with my bird, i nvr had that issue before. Did i do the right thing by turned off the remote? I flew that spot several time with no issue before, why it happen now?

Any help is appreciated...
Thanks.
2016-4-17
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

My first suggestion would be to look at this thread on Antenna orientation.  

Before you fly you can check the kp index for possible space weather interference:
Another thing to try is switching the Image Transmission Setting from Auto to Custom:

ImageTransmissionSettings(custom).png
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

That is strange that you were only 50m up and 200m out. As the prior post, watch the best antenna best practices video.
Also, you must be flying in an area that at certain times has massive interference.
I would go to an very large open area and if you experience the same then contact DJI support.
http://www.dji.com/support
2016-4-17
Use props
tr2k837
lvl.1

United States

Just updated mine yesterday and  experiencing the same problems. Had good range up until the update. This is in my yard where I've flown since I got my p3p and nothing has changed except for updating
2016-4-17
Use props
rtwhitehurst
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21775 ft
United States

I had this issue after upgrading as well. I had been flying for around 5 minutes when the video feed randomly went black. I was only at 250 ft and maybe 1000 ft away with clear line of sight. I flew it back manually and never received video signal back. When I got it close I tried to do the auto landing and it said request timed out, forcing me to land manually. Once I rebooted the controller, everything was back to normal.
2016-4-17
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

I was totally Line Of Sight with my P3p, and i point the antenna just right. I really makes me scared, because no video feed, the transmitter is RED, but the bird still showing Green Lights. It just sit up there, hovering without doing RTH. This is the first time, and i almost shit my pants.
2016-4-18
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

I upload the screen recorder for this issue, i always record my flight. Pls have a check. My device is Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 with 3gb RAM. Here is the link https://youtu.be/33BV_ilnlnw
2016-4-18
Use props
oks4n4
lvl.2

Indonesia

Or u can just type "Phantom 3 Pro lost video signal (Firmware v1.8.80) in Youtube.
2016-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules