Does p3 standard have POI facility ?
2016-4-17
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Short answer: yes.

Longer answer to increase your knowledge and prevent potential catastrophe : RTFM (Read That Fancy Manual) available HERE.

You can also compare the features of the Phantom 3 series HERE.
2016-4-17
Use props
MrPinaColada
lvl.4
Flight distance : 790082 ft

Yep. Switch the top right stick into F-Mode and tap on the new icon on the bottom left and POI will show up. Just make sure you set your altitude higher than any object near you otherwise it will fly and crash into a tree or house, or large object.
2016-4-17
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Hello, Phantom 3 standard can use the POI. Here is the tutorial:

2016-4-17
Use props
Khsalum83
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3862808 ft
United States

gil Posted at 2016-4-17 12:16
Short answer: yes.

Longer answer to increase your knowledge and prevent potential catastrophe : RTF ...

In fairness to the  original poster, I have in fact R'd the F'n Manual thoroughly, 3 times, and if the P3S manual is anything like the P3P manual, it says precious little about intelligent flight modes (relegated to the appendix), and nothing about how to access intelligent flight modes. You have to  switch off Beginner mode, find the setting that enables multiple  flight modes, switch the RC sector to F, and know to touch the cross-cross compass icon to bring up the available modes - all with very little guidance from the 120 page manual. I'd logged nearly 14 flight hours before I finally figured it out.
2016-4-28
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Khsalum83@hotma Posted at 2016-4-28 16:04
In fairness to the  original poster, I have in fact R'd the F'n Manual thoroughly, 3 times, and if  ...

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to figure how to answer a question, kinda like the old "give a fish or teach to fish".  Sadly there is no one universal source you can cite as a reference and sometimes you have to make a SWAG as to what the questioner is actually, hence my long and short approach.  BTW, let me throw out one more handy-dandy source of knowledge DJI Tutorial Compilation (frequently updated!)
2016-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules