Update Fail
1124 15 2016-4-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
felix6
New

Hi guys,

I have a huge problem. I accidently updated the controller just 4 hours ago. And then I couldnt connect to the Copter anymore because "RC signal lost".

I tried to upgrade the firmware on the copter with the micro sd card but it doesnt do anything.

I know a lot of you had that problem. Whats the solution here?

I need to fix this urgent - our new trip starts this weekend...

Thanks guys
Felix
2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

First of , sorry for the slow response time, usually I am on this within 20 seconds, this time it took me two minutes ........

BOTTOM LINE: ON RELEASE NOTES IT SAYS IT IS CRITICAL NOT TO UPDATE THE RC BEFORE AIRCRAFT, THEREFORE WE MUST GET OUT OF TRAVEL MODE ( rollback the RC transmitter first )  AND THEN DO THE UPDATE IN PROPER ORDER.

Felix , There are several  threads on how to do this.  I will give you the basic run down.  You need to rollback to the last version of FW that matches your aircraft , if you are current on the Updates your aircraft will be at 1.7  ( 1.8 now ) and you just loaded 1.6 on the RC.. you need to Rollback the transmitter to 1.58 then get the aircraft out of travel mode, then LOAD THE AIRCRAFT FIRST WITH 1.8  then load 1.6 to the RC.

You can rollback the RC two ways. Make sure you have a good internet connection for go app.  Turn on transmitter and I pad and go app ( Or whatever device you use for go )  on the first page where you see the Pic of the Inspire there is a grad cap in top right corner.  Hold it down for about 10 seconds and let go, if you have internet it will give you the rollback option, go back to 1.58 and get out of travel mode, then load 1.8 to AC and then1.6 to RC.   ( Video on next post )

The second way is to use a USB drive ( thumb drive ) and load 1.58 file to it.  Now rollback this way.  I will  leave a link to the 1.58 file and the 1.6 along with my tutorial on how to do this.  ( Use the tutorial but load 1.58 file first, this will rollback to the correct FW , dont load 1.6 until the aircraft has 1.8 on it )

If you are not current on updates you must let me know what version the aircraft is at and then we must match it so you can rollback or it will not work , hopefully you are at 1.7 on the AC so the Rollback to rc would be 1.58 .  If the AC has Fw that is older you must go further back  in the file to get the proper match for the RC, remember the numbers do not match per say, the version mumbers are different for the AC and the RC in most cases.

Good luck

http://forum.dji.com/thread-47572-1-1.html

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/RC/C1_FW_V01.05.0080.bin

2016-4-25
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

2016-4-25
Use props
felix6
New

Donnie, you are my hero. Now the RC and AC "understand" each other again. Now i loaded the newest firmware from the homepage - put it on the mini sd card and put it into the camera. turned on the copter with the remote turned off and turned on the copter. it keeps blinking yellow with no sound.  whats happening or what am i doing wrong?
2016-4-26
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

felix6 Posted at 2016-4-26 10:09
Donnie, you are my hero. Now the RC and AC "understand" each other again. Now i loaded the newest fi ...

Did you extract the bin from the zip file? Please post a screenshot of the contents of the card.
2016-4-26
Use props
felix6
New

WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

thats all that is on the sd card. and a empty dcim folder!
2016-4-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

felix6 Posted at 2016-4-26 16:10
WM610_FW_V01.08.01.00.bin

thats all that is on the sd card. and a empty dcim folder!

Are you using a MAC to do this ?   

If you can get your hand on a PC please do Or if you can still communicate with the Aircraft Format the SD card on the Aircraft , then load the 1.8 file.  Make sure you are using the file for the Inspire NOT THE PRO OR THE RAW, MAKE SURE OF THIS .  If you have the Inspire 1 not the pro , follow my link and get the file on ther top left.
http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads

donnie
2016-4-26
Use props
felix6
New

donnie,

im using a mac. i will try now!
2016-4-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

felix6 Posted at 2016-4-26 16:39
donnie,

You know how to format the SD card  on the Aircraft correct?  Make sure you are getting the file from here.  Top left of the page.

http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/info#downloads
2016-4-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

donnie,

I also want you to read my tips page, it is for Phantom users but the download rules are the same for the Inspire.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie
2016-4-26
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

donnie,

Well  c'mon  Your killin me Felix.............(Sandlot Movie reference )

Got her workin....................

Gettin Late, have to go take care of some business, be back in the AM, keep me posted Smalls ....
donnie

2016-4-26
Use props
felix6
New

donnie. go to bed. you are a hero.

time to shoot a new documentary:

thanks for your awesome work. more then willing to buy you beer ahah
2016-4-26
Use props
feoj1472
New
Flight distance : 13219 ft
United States

dji just wanna ask why you make it so complicated for us to do the update not all of you're client can do too much steps just to update the aircraft and everything my inspire in been grounded for a month and I still no one can give me a sure fix for my inspire I already try all the instruction they told me over and over again hopping its gonna works like it was before......... so disappointed I love every thing on this inspire  on the time when everything still working good
2016-4-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

felix6 Posted at 2016-4-26 19:52
donnie. go to bed. you are a hero.

time to shoot a new documentary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v ...

Happy to help you brother, If you ever pedal through East Lansing Michigan , I will take you up on  that beer offer.

Cheers Felix- donnie
2016-4-27
Use props
dbeck
lvl.4

United States

How do you upgrade the damm batts?
2016-4-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

dbeck@toolboxpr Posted at 2016-4-27 20:58
How do you upgrade the damm batts?

Just place the latest update on the SD card and install on the aircraft. Then one by one place the new batteries in the Aircraft.  If you have already updated the aircraft it will only take about 3-5 minutes for it to load.  ( each battery that is )

Are you up to date on the aircraft and RC ?  If so , once again just load the latest version on the SD card and proceed with above directions.  If not let me know.
DO NOT HAVE TRANSMITTER ON DURING THE AIRCRAFT UPDATE

donnie
2016-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules