Question about upgrades
630 7 2016-5-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike C
New

United States

So, I finally got the latest versions on my Inspire. And I am adamant that I will never do another worthless and frustrating, turn my machine into a brick, upgrade. But I have a couple of logistics questions:

1. I keep hearing people say they didn't do the upgrade. It doesn't seem to be an option for me. When I turn it on it says "upgrade required" and I can't do anything until I complete the upgrade. Needless to say, this sucks in itself as it usually kills the day of work for me. Is there a way to ignore these mandatory upgrades?

2. On this last upgrade, I screwed up and did the RC before the aircraft. I caught a lot of flack for being so stupid as to do it in this manner. But I can't figure out how to do it otherwise. I turn on the ipad with the GO app. It won't communicate with the aircraft without the remote, right? So by default, it does the remote first and bricks my whole system. I guess I could do the old USB trick, but the instructions are not for that, and they say to not do it that way. So, how the hell do I upgrade the aircraft first?

Thanks
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

first off congratulations on your new V2.
1. DJI recommends being on the latest firmware update to take advantage of all the features and fixes. Updating is totally up to you, if you do not upgrade your aircraft is still 100% usable so it is NOT a mandatory update.
2. On the latest firmware update there was enhanced security encryption added so the RC and AC had to be on matched firmware.
You can update the RC or aircraft in whichever order, BUT there were issues because when you updated the RC and because the enhanced security encryption the aircraft wouldn't come out of travel mode so you can attach your gimbal and allow you to update the aircraft. So if you are in landing mode, then updating whichever one first doesn't matter.
2016-5-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-18 12:19
first off congratulations on your new V2.
1. DJI recommends being on the latest firmware update to t ...

Ken, are you sure about number two for updating the Inspire, It says in the Notes that You must Update the Aircraft first, Unless the 10-15 or so  DJI Pilots I helped Unwind to previous RC firmware to get them out of this debacle was like the ending of "DALLAS "  And I dreamed the whole thing
Are you saying as long as you dont try to communicate with  the Aircraft  if you updated the RC first.  ??

I still say always update the aircraft first to avoid any troubles.  

Just double checking this brother - donnie
2016-5-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

If it says there is an update, first just STOP . First go read the release notes and what the update is all about, then update the aircraft first, the RC is never on during The Aircraft  updates anyway, then update the Radio.

Updates are easy once you know the procedure, just take your time and read up on what they are before updating.  It just takes a little bit of time.  

Stay up to date as well, it makes the next update easy because you know how to do it now.

Always update the aircraft first, this Rule has served me well, I also have a tips page that may help in the future.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html
Also you can e mail me anytime if you cant find the anwers here

donaldjames1990@gmail.com

donnie

2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-19 03:40
Ken, are you sure about number two for updating the Inspire, It says in the Notes that You must Upd ...

yes, you are supposed to update the aircraft first, that way it's already in landing mode and with the gimbal on and then you update the RC.
But I added a BUT in the sentence that if the aircraft is in landing mode then it's ok.
I probably should have just left it simple and say that you must update the A/C first.
2016-5-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-5-18 15:18
yes, you are supposed to update the aircraft first, that way it's already in landing mode and with ...

OK, I get it, I was confused.  Just wanted to make that clear for all the Lurkers out there !  You know me, Mr OCD, must make sure of everything  !
Take care Brother- donnie
2016-5-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-5-19 04:31
OK, I get it, I was confused.  Just wanted to make that clear for all the Lurkers out there !  You  ...

Ha, ya my bad fo not just keeping it simple
2016-5-18
Use props
ROOKIE
New

United States

I did the same thing.
You need to go back on your controller and reinstall 5.8
Go to the screen that you see when you select camera
Go to the upper right corner and press on the box icon for 8 sec.
Then you should be able to reinstall 5.8.
Then you can do the upgrade on  the SD card.
2016-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules