RC thinks drone is Phantom 4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
leyown
New
United States

I just updated my RC and now when I plug it into my iPhone, it says Phantom 4 on the main menu.

I was already having connectivity issues between the remote and the drone (RC wasn't connecting to drone), and now the RC says Phantom 4!
2016-6-4
Use props
leyown
New

Oh and my drone is a Phantom 3 Professional
2016-6-4
Use props
dalvit giorgio
lvl.2
Flight distance : 123766 ft
Italy

Hi leyown, it happened to me too... Try opening the dji go app, power on the RC and for last the aircraft. The app should recognize the right phantom as before (in your case the p3p). Let me know
2016-6-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Just swipe the P4 sideways to select a P3.
2016-6-4
Use props
scottybm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1141201 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the same problem. Had to uninstall the app then reinstall to get it to work correctly. It thought my pro was an Inspire.
2016-6-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

When everything is powered on the screen should go to the P4, is that not happening?
2016-6-4
Use props
datincan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 144649 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-6-5 05:30
When everything is powered on the screen should go to the P4, is that not happening?

Ken,

I have a similar problem, since a firmware upgrade, my controller seems to think it is for a non- gimbal  phantom. Please see my post...here

Can you or one of your team please reply, at minimum can you please reply to say if you can or cannot help.
All I need is the original firmware for the DJ6 controller.

Thank you.

"The problem is simply that I did a firmware upgrade on the controller DJ6 (this is a stock Dji 2.4mhz radio controller that came with the P2). Whatever firmware was on as it shipped in 2014 is the firmware I upgraded from. The old version number I do not know, I didn't record it, and neither the RC or the P2 software keep a record of it.

The present firmware v is 1.0.2.26 (the RC software says this is the latest version)
The hardware id is 02D0110232 (maybe this be used to the firmware which really should be on it.)
There is a zenmuse HD-3D gimbal on the P2.

Symptoms,
After the upgrade, the gimbal tilt does not respond on the P2.
Before the upgrade, the Dj6 always turned on with a single red light only and no bleeping.(there is only 1 light that's on the front.) This seems normal for users in Europe. Now it turns on with 3 quick bleeps and a Green light.
I have made many RC and P2 and manual calibrations as described in many posts here and on phantonpilots and nothing changes.
The gimbal channel does work on the RC and PC software, only not on the phantom.
All other channels work on both the RC, P2 software, and on the P2.

One post I saw mentioned that this could be a issue where the firmware loaded is not for a P2 with a tillable gimbal. As the controller boots up i.e. with a green not a red light, and bleeping as opposed to not bleeping, and from various posts I have read, I am of the strong suspicion that firmware downgrade to the firmware which came as shipped would resolve the issue. Various post in different forums make requests for this downgrade, but these request never seem solved.

I am selling my P2, I have a buyer and I want all to be ok when selling. So apologies for the pressing of the subject"
2016-6-5
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

datincan Posted at 2016-6-5 20:39
Ken,

I have a similar problem, since a firmware upgrade, my controller seems to think it is for a ...

I replied to your other thread.
Please only post the same thing in one thread and not multiple threads.
2016-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules