Dealer Selling Units on eBay instead of delivering to Pre-Orders
2720 27 2016-12-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Richie7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 31529 ft
United States

I ordered and paid for my Mavic through an Authorized dealer on eBay back in Oct.  
Their have not delivered any preorders and claim they are still awaiting first shipment.  
However, I have found that they are selling through a different eBay account instock units to the highest bidder.  

I have been able to find proof that both account are theirs.

What can I do?  Report to eBay?  Anyway to report it to DJI?

Thanks,
Richie

2016-12-12
Use props
FlyLowandSlow
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3505518 ft
  • >>>
United States

why did you preorder on ebay??
2016-12-12
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

Had some PayPal credit to use.  So searched out authorized dealers in USA with excellent feedback.  Also communicated with a few since wanted to be in their first batch.
2016-12-12
Use props
Ahyesiam
lvl.2
Flight distance : 285118 ft
United States

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-12 10:00
Had some PayPal credit to use.  So searched out authorized dealers in USA with excellent feedback.  Also communicated with a few since wanted to be in their first batch.

I would file a claim with Paypal. Once you get your refund order from DJI. They accept Paypal.
2016-12-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you're right, that really sucks!
2016-12-12
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

Things looked fishy so I did more digging and can confirm yes the two eBay sellers/stores are the same folks.   
2016-12-12
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Sounds like there are some moral and legal violations taking place their....Not sure who to contact but bet if you called them on it, they would pony up your "pre-Order' pretty quickly.
2016-12-12
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would call out dealer on this forum so DJI and others here know about it. Paypal is not going to do anything.
2016-12-12
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

Name and shame!
2016-12-12
Use props
Drone Monkey
lvl.2
United States

i think most of them do that.... To bad to the cool little sellers but i would only order from like BestBuy or Amazon.  
2016-12-12
Use props
cybaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13 ft
United States

What is the dealer? I know a few people who ordered from eBay and the seller is supposed to be an authorized dealer. Could you name it here to keep them honest?
2016-12-12
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

How about posting a link to the dealers. I too bought on eBay from a Authorized DJI Dealer. I'd like to know if it's the dealer I bought from. However he did contact me last week and said I'll have it before Christmas.
2016-12-12
Use props
devGOD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 200577 ft
United States

If they're a US seller what do you expect.... most businesses are dishonest and will do anything for a profit
2016-12-12
Use props
WasabiBread
lvl.3
United States

No link or proof posted....yawn must be yet another hoax to stir things up....zzzzzz
2016-12-12
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

WasabiBread Posted at 2016-12-12 18:45
No link or proof posted....yawn must be yet another hoax to stir things up....zzzzzz

I contacted the dealer and awaiting a response.  Figured would at least give them 24 hours or so to explain.  

I have links to auctions as well as the screenshots of the proof I can show everyone.   
2016-12-12
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Found a site thats raising prices... Mavic prices rising?
2016-12-12
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

hridge Posted at 2016-12-12 20:06
Found a site thats raising prices... Mavic prices rising?

Seems most retailers still charging same prices but of course nothing in stock.  Just in this case they are selling in stock ones for higher prices instead of shipping to pre-paid pre-orders.
2016-12-13
Use props
flipside
lvl.2

Spain

£5599 = $6000+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-Mav ... 0640/dp/B01M1080NT/
2016-12-13
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

No response from seller so i'm working to get a refund.  Also, I'm placing an order with a different Authorized seller and they said they would pass this info onto their DJI contact.

The eBay seller is "moto-house" they are selling the in stock units through another eBay seller "mototycoons".  Moto-house sells many DJI products, but mototycoons has been selling nothing for quite awhile and now all of a sudden is selling just DJI Mavic.  If you click on their feedback profile and then on "View ID history" you will see both have been named KM Motorsports, which also matches the PayPal information.  So I think it's very clear that these two "accounts" belong to the same seller and instead of delivering paid for units they are selling them on the free market for a large markup.  In the most recent email they claim they still haven't received their first shipment and hope to by end of the year.

2016-12-13
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-13 14:48
No response from seller so i'm working to get a refund.  Also, I'm placing an order with a different Authorized seller and they said they would pass this info onto their DJI contact.

The eBay seller is "moto-house" they are selling the in stock units through another eBay seller "mototycoons".  Moto-house sells many DJI products, but mototycoons has been selling nothing for quite awhile and now all of a sudden is selling just DJI Mavic.  If you click on their feedback profile and then on "View ID history" you will see both have been named KM Motorsports, which also matches the PayPal information.  So I think it's very clear that these two "accounts" belong to the same seller and instead of delivering paid for units they are selling them on the free market for a large markup.  In the most recent email they claim they still haven't received their first shipment and hope to by end of the year.

Wow they must be making bank, first they are getting them at dealer cost then Selling combos up to $2300 and Mavics for up to $1800.
2016-12-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:48

Richie, Why don't you let them know that you know what they are doing. Blackmail them into sending you yours or you'll report them to DJI. It could work.
2016-12-13
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

Jake Phantom 3  Posted at 2016-12-13 17:46
Richie, Why don't you let them know that you know what they are doing. Blackmail them into sending you yours or you'll report them to DJI. It could work.

I did message them twice with no response, they had a chance.

So now I have to get to the back of the line, but at least they will get reported to DJI and hopefully other folks will learn about how they operate.
2016-12-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-13 19:04

So now I have to get to the back of the line, but at least they will get reported to DJI and hopefully other folks will learn about how they operate.

He has six up for sale at inflated prices. That tells me he's intentionally screwing over the preordered buyers for profit. No one gets six Mavic Pro's unless they are a seller for DJI. Authorized or not.
2016-12-13
Use props
c0balt
lvl.1
Flight distance : 314747 ft
Australia

Nice sleuthing!

I hope being an 'authorised DJI reseller' would mean signing a document preventing this sort of behaviour.
2016-12-13
Use props
hridge
lvl.3
Flight distance : 17651 ft
United States

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-13 16:04

Report to Better Business Bureau  
2016-12-13
Use props
Richie7
lvl.1
United States

The new authorized seller I placed my order with said they would report it through their contact at DJI, so I gave them all the requested info.
2016-12-13
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
lvl.4
United States

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-13 17:48

They now have a new name Motosportsgear, and again they have a half dozen Mavics up for auction. Yesterday they had a dozen, today there are six left. If you bought from this vender you might as well cancel your order. They seem to not be interested in delivering to the preorder customers.
2016-12-27
Use props
fansbf038726
lvl.4
Flight distance : 123104 ft
Russia

Richie7 Posted at 2016-12-13 19:22
The new authorized seller I placed my order with said they would report it through their contact at DJI, so I gave them all the requested info.

Richie7, So what ended Your story with moto-house? I ordered 1 Oct, have not received until now, the right thing to do? Please read my topic: http://forum.dji.com/thread-85535-1-1.html
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules