camera pixilation
1199 18 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi guys n gals< I've a phantom 4 and use a Galaxy note 3 as my screen .
occasionally it seems to suffer pixilation when im altering the gimbal up and down.
does anyone know what this is caused by?
other than that the picture seems fine.
I've even tried doing the operation slower but it seems to happen the same, but its only a small pixilation . when its flying and not being altered its fine.
should I be trying a different phone or even a tablet to use as a screen.
2017-1-3
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's occasional, one or two second glitches once or twice during a flight then that is not unusual, caused by interference in the live video stream being sent back to your device from the aircraft. If it's more apparent when gimbal tilting up or down then it sounds more like the device struggling to process the data. You could try a different device and see if there is any improvement.
Which firmware are you using on the RC ? If its V1.8 then you could try rolling that back to V1.6, that might help.
2017-1-3
Use props
JohnnyD34
lvl.1

Australia

I have similar problems with my android tablet, Lenono Tab 3 A7.  I don't seem to have the same issue with my iPad Air 2.  From reading other posts it seems  this issue is occurring mainly on androids which suggests that either some of the tablets have not got enough processing power or the android DJI Go app has issues.
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello kajot dave, besides mentioned above, please ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background.
2017-1-4
Use props
Eudaimonia
New

United Kingdom

I also have this issue - on an Experia Z3 - I get quite bad pixellation and lag on the video feed, as well as occasional purple and green thick lines across the screen. Would be grateful for any fixes others have seen until the new firmware update (hopefully) sorts it out properly
2017-1-4
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Here's somethin that happened to me....I have a lenz shade that cme with my combo package.  As I shoot vid's I noticed that there was a similar prob. If I flew the drone fast or moved the gimble there was a jello/ pixilation happening. I thought I might have to calibrate these parts. I was flying to compair the difference between un-shaded and shade cover instaled. It turns out that without the lenze cover I had no issues. So I chew up some bubble gum and weigh it out to match the weight os lenze shade and no more problems. It seems that the added weight of the lenz shade caused probs with the gimble stablization. I'm not sure if you were using any filters but this can cause probs, at least on my P4. What say ye to this me hardies ?
2017-1-4
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

As to the above post...I put the gum on the back of the camra to counter balance lenze shade on front of camra.
2017-1-4
Use props
Eudaimonia
New

United Kingdom

Hmm - sounds possible, but I've never used a lens filter...

Actually looking at some videos again I've realised it must be something to do with the device. The video is fine when the device is not attached. (i.e. when forced to record direct to the P4 rather than my xperia Z3 it is fine...

OP have you tried filming some video with no screen attached?
2017-1-4
Use props
Jester
lvl.3
Flight distance : 195016 ft

United States

Great counter balance idea, the bubble gum fix!
2017-1-4
Use props
fans3b15ef73
lvl.1
Flight distance : 138848 ft
United States

Hey kajot dave - I had the exact same issue using a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone. Make sure you have killed any other apps running and also make sure you're on RC firmware 1.8: doing both those things resolved the issue (for me anyway). Cheers!
2017-1-4
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi guys , first of all in not using a lens shade or filter so that's that one ruled out for now.
im not sure what firmware im on but I can check that one.  how di I do a roll back? ( ill get the hang of it soon)
ill also try it with an I pad and see if that helps. ill also check there's no programs running as well..
also when I watch it back on my computer it seems the video jumps as I watch it like a gif. but that could be my comp.
thanks for all the ideas and ill keep you posted as to the outcome.
2017-1-6
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1172484 ft
United States

kajot dave Posted at 2017-1-6 12:21
hi guys , first of all in not using a lens shade or filter so that's that one ruled out for now.
im not sure what firmware im on but I can check that one.  how di I do a roll back? ( ill get the hang of it soon)
ill also try it with an I pad and see if that helps. ill also check there's no programs running as well..

It's not your Note 3! It's a firmware problem Dji has yet to address. The Note 3 is plenty powerful you don't need a new device. Some have mentioned roll back to 1.6 and that fixes the problem. I have a Note 4 and a Galaxy tablet 4. Both are plenty powerful and have the same issue. I formatted and clean installed the Tab 4 no apps but Dji go 4.0 problem is still there. Some say go buy ya a Nexus 7 or a shield. Not, the Note 4 has more processing power then both. And it still has this issue like your Note 3. Fix....... What I do is go into the settings of the Dji go app or 4.0 app. Does it in both the apps by the way Dji. In the settings of your go app you will find Hd click it and up top you will see auto and custom "choose custom". Now pick a custom channel with the best signal. Mbps not a concern unless your going for distance flight. Now it works  the way you want it to. Dji please address this soon!
2017-1-7
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

kajot dave Posted at 2017-1-6 12:21

https://forum.dji.com/thread-75123-1-1.html

Check this out also..
2017-1-7
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-1-7 16:45
https://forum.dji.com/thread-75123-1-1.html

Check this out also..

I'd wish dji officially acknowledges this problem rather then beating around the bush and telling people to buy a new device. It's a software related issue or firmware related and many people have complained about it on numerous android devices.
2017-1-7
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-4 03:58
Hello kajot dave, besides mentioned above, please ensure that you do not have any programs running in the background.

No programs none what so ever even uninstalled Samsung's bloat ware on my galaxy tab 4. Read my posts before ya respond. And I reprogram computers for various automakers. The problem lies with in your code. Austin, Texas Msce certified. I know nothing about computers right sure. Oh look we will tell everyone drone pilots aren't smart they need a new device. No sorry fix this Dji it's safe to say and it's okay to say it people aren't dumb and see it as Is. Your software coding has flaws fix it.

2017-1-7
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-1-7 16:04
It's not your Note 3! It's a firmware problem Dji has yet to address. The Note 3 is plenty powerful you don't need a new device. Some have mentioned roll back to 1.6 and that fixes the problem. I have a Note 4 and a Galaxy tablet 4. Both are plenty powerful and have the same issue. I formatted and clean installed the Tab 4 no apps but Dji go 4.0 problem is still there. Some say go buy ya a Nexus 7 or a shield. Not, the Note 4 has more processing power then both. And it still has this issue like your Note 3. Fix....... What I do is go into the settings of the Dji go app or 4.0 app. Does it in both the apps by the way Dji. In the settings of your go app you will find Hd click it and up top you will see auto and custom "choose custom". Now pick a custom channel with the best signal. Mbps not a concern unless your going for distance flight. Now it works  the way you want it to. Dji please address this soon!

ok ,my friend ill try do as you say. didn't think the note 3 was underpowered or the note 4. even have a nexus 7 and that does the same.. as for my I pad , well I cant even get the djigo app to install.
2017-1-8
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

TexasTurbo Posted at 2017-1-7 16:04

ive even got the s7 edge to try with so ill give it a go and see what happens with that.
I just want a large screen that's why I used the note 3/4
2017-1-8
Use props
TexasTurbo
lvl.2
United States

kajot dave Posted at 2017-1-8 10:36
ive even got the s7 edge to try with so ill give it a go and see what happens with that.
I just want a large screen that's why I used the note 3/4

Let us know... On another note all three android devices  I own,Galaxy tab 4 8.0 inch. Note 4 and Dji's own recommendations Nexus 7 version 2 /2013.  All suffer pixilation when set to auto in  Hd setting.  However leaving it at auto in Hd settings but choosing 2.7k video fixes the issue too. So it's definitely a software/ firmware problem.

2017-1-10
Use props
kajot dave
lvl.1
United Kingdom

hi TexasTurbo
well I took some advice from you guys and am now using DJI GO 4 and took the phantom put today with my note 4 and I am happy to say it didn't pixilate at all. I didn't do anything to disable the back ground apps I just used it as is.
I put the camera on to HDR and True colours and it worked fine.. So maybe the dji4 app is the way to go.
Ill keep you posted but so far so good, all I need now is better weather and find some interesting places away from all the moaning people that seem to voice their opinions whenever they see someone with a drone..
2017-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules