2718 26 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meedz24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1916 ft
Canada

Hey all,

I purchased my first aircraft ever (Phantom 4) on January 28th from local retailer Best Buy - oddly there was no battery inside the box.

I contacted support right away to figure out my options, because Best Buy does not exchange or return any opened box drones  - no exceptions.

Support opens a ticket and I get a confirmation email asking for my reciept - next day I receive a response "Thank you for submitting your information. Happy to serve you today, have a good one!" . . . . . . . . . . . . . no mention of what the heck they were doing to resolve my issue.

Emailed back asking what it is they were doing, and was told that the request is set for review and to kindly await confirmation.

Here I am 2 weeks and still have nothing . . . . . . I didn't exactly buy a chocolate bar, we're talking 2K that I've dished out and dont have a battery? How is this acceptable by any means.

Not happy whatsoever. Not even bothering with DJI Care, given the junk service.

Does anyone have some sort of corporate phone number that doesn't connect to Phillipines?
2017-2-9
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

There is a guy on the forums who posted that he exchanged his Phantom 7 times at Best Buy and finally just got his money back. You received an open box from Best Buy if the battery was missing.
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

An email would have been generated to let you know that a ticket has been opened to assist you. Could you please provide that ticket number?
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

That's got to be one of the rarer and most unusual complaints I've read about here in two years.

Was the box actually sealed when you brought it home, or already opened, before you payed for it?

Never heard of this issue, ever. I frequent several other RC forums as well as this one.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-9
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

i would have taken it straight back back to BB, after all the retailer sold you an incomplete product, it's got nothing to do with you changing your mind. How would you know if anything is missing unless you open it?
2017-2-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Perhaps the flight pack was removed and the shipping  box resealed? A circular sticker wouldn't be hard to duplicate.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-9
Use props
DaveH_au
lvl.2

Australia

When I purchased mine the shop assistant opened the box to check the contents were all there. The seal was already broken. I had no idea what was supposed to be in the box, but I could see the drone, RC and the battery. The battery was already in the drone, which I thought was rather strange.  

As the seal was already broken, I was glad he checked.
Regards
Dave
2017-2-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DaveH_au Posted at 2017-2-10 04:26
When I purchased mine the shop assistant opened the box to check the contents were all there. The seal was already broken. I had no idea what was supposed to be in the box, but I could see the drone, RC and the battery. The battery was already in the drone, which I thought was rather strange.  

There should be a list, along with other bits of paperwork, showing items in the box. That's assuming that it was there
2017-2-10
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You should have been straight back to best buy, they sold you an item not fit for purpose.
2017-2-10
Use props
joe_gadget
lvl.4

Australia

DaveH_au Posted at 2017-2-10 04:26

Batteries are always pre-installed.
2017-2-10
Use props
tvl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 197779 ft
United States

"I contacted support right away to figure out my options, because Best Buy does not exchange or return any opened box drones  - no exceptions."

That is not the policy of my local Best Buy and I thought all Best Buys honored the same policy. They informed me when I purchased the unit that I had 15 days to return it if I wasn't completely satisfied. And yes, even if it had been opened and flown ............ because I asked the question once they stated their 15 day policy!

Also, my battery was located inside of the drone, not packed in the box with other accessories. At first, I also thought I did not get one either.
2017-2-10
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

Plain and simple, you're issue is with Best Buy. You're not going to get a free battery from DJI.
2017-2-10
Use props
timbo
lvl.2
United States

I bought a cordless drill from Lowes back in the day, got home opened the box and no battery. When I took it back to the store I could tell they thought I was just trying to get a free battery. They gave me a new battery but I could tell the did not want to.
2017-2-10
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

He also posted on 2/1 asking how to edit video that he took from his Phantom 4. Maybe he purchased a two battery bundle? Very strange.
auto-edited videos?
2017-2-10
Use props
P4P+
lvl.3
United States

I must add that in another post on 2/1 he does mention a missing battery.
Missing battery
2017-2-10
Use props
fans70f0342e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1093248 ft
United States

Bestbuy will definitely take it back even if you already flown it is returned 7 p4p with no problems at all every one of them had issues
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Whenever you could provide the ticket number would be appreciated.
2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, did you get a response from BestBuy or DJI Support? Keep us updated. Thank you.
2017-2-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha meedz,

It has been 2 days and 18 responses, yet you do not reply to any of them including 2 DJI Team members.  Something is not right with this thread.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-11
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-11 03:08
Aloha meedz,

It has been 2 days and 18 responses, yet you do not reply to any of them including 2 DJI Team members.  Something is not right with this thread.

Post number 14 perhaps ?
2017-2-11
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-11 08:39
Post number 14 perhaps ?

Aloha Aardvark,

Hmmm.  It would be nice if he was interested enough to respond.  Perhaps, there is probably an extenuating circumstance he does not want to discuss.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-11
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

Hey everyone,

Real sorry I didn't respond earlier, I was travelling and capturing awesome footage

Update on this:
1)  Best Buy Canada would not take it back - they're pretty damn strict on their drone policy. Tried two different stores and no go. The rest of the packaging and aircraft / accessories are most definitely brand spanking new.  It was not an open box.

2)  DJI did finally respond, and I am happy to say that today (February 24, 2017) I have FINALLY received a battery in the mail one month later. Key word here is "a battery". I've been sent a battery from a Phantom 3, and not my 4..........

My ticket # is 429336 as printed on the package sent to me in the mail. I will call  DJI support line today, but If this can be expedited by a forum member that would be most appreciated. I think this situation is a bit ridiculous, and getting out of hand - especially seeing as I've waited an entire month for this.  

Again, sorry for the delay in responding I honestly forgot I created this thread lol!

2017-2-24
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

P4P+ Posted at 2017-2-10 08:58
He also posted on 2/1 asking how to edit video that he took from his Phantom 4. Maybe he purchased a two battery bundle? Very strange.
auto-edited videos?

I purchased a battery out of pocket - I wasn't going to stare at my aircraft for a month!
2017-2-24
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

tvl Posted at 2017-2-10 07:29
"I contacted support right away to figure out my options, because Best Buy does not exchange or return any opened box drones  - no exceptions."

That is not the policy of my local Best Buy and I thought all Best Buys honored the same policy. They informed me when I purchased the unit that I had 15 days to return it if I wasn't completely satisfied. And yes, even if it had been opened and flown ............ because I asked the question once they stated their 15 day policy!

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help ... -policy/hc1075.aspx

They were pretty strict here  in Canada. It was a definite no, no exceptions.
2017-2-24
Use props
meedz24
lvl.2
Canada

Maxxgold Posted at 2017-2-10 08:02
Plain and simple, you're issue is with Best Buy. You're not going to get a free battery from DJI.

I understand Best Buy sold me the product, but why is it Best Buy's fault? DJI's production line forgot to put it into the box? Why should Best Buy be dinged for it?

Best Buys return policy is fair, if people like me came in because they were missing a battery Best Buy would be screwed with products missing pieces for which they'll no longer be able to sell (or sell at open box prices) - I mean yes they should take some responsibility, but given they have that kind of policy for Drones it assures me as a consumer that the box I bought wasn't a open box, because that should theoretically never happen if they don't take them back.

You say "FREE BATTERY" from DJI, well it's not FREE, i've paid for it, just never received it. And to let you know, they did send me a battery.
2017-2-24
Use props
WindSoul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16 ft
Canada

thank you for sharing. i realize if the package was sealed that you had no way of knowing before breaking the seal. i guess there is no way of knowing for sure and the best chance is to take it with BestBuy. if they prove worthless, then even if you took it with DJI, imagine that their quality control would never acknowledge they sent a drone without checking the package for completeness. so unless you find a really understanding pair of ears, im afraid the next best thing would be to just buy a battery.
2017-2-24
Use props
markzoe
New

Pakistan

Great thread.
2017-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules