Battery temerature information in DGJ GO4
2166 17 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8238 ft
Russia

Is anyone saw correct information on healthedrones.com about a battery temperature during a flight?
For all flights controlled by DJI GO4 I see the one value 32C.
When I fly with Litchy app I have the correct temperature graph.

2017-02-10_15-49-23.png

Litchi_app

Litchi_app
2017-2-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

THAT is Healthydrones.com, not DJI GO 4.  It's all the same data, just how it interprets it & what you've subscribed to on that website.  The battery data in DJI GO 4 reads correct IF YOU LOOK AT THAT IN DJI GO 4!
2017-2-10
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-10 07:48
THAT is Healthydrones.com, not DJI GO 4.  It's all the same data, just how it interprets it & what you've subscribed to on that website.  The battery data in DJI GO 4 reads correct IF YOU LOOK AT THAT IN DJI GO 4!

May be. I check log from Mavic and see this data with Assistant Data Viewer. But I don't know that it presents or not in mobile device logs which synced with website. As variant bug might be in DJI GO 4 when it write a log in the mobile device or in HD Sync app when it doing sync.
I ask on Healthydrones.com also and looking forward for answer.
2017-2-10
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

Alx Posted at 2017-2-10 09:23
May be. I check log from Mavic and see this data with Assistant Data Viewer. But I don't know that it presents or not in mobile device logs which synced with website. As variant bug might be in DJI GO 4 when it write a log in the mobile device or in HD Sync app when it doing sync.
I ask on Healthydrones.com also and looking forward for answer.

On Healthydrones.com, my battery temperature always ONLY shows 32 also.  
2017-2-10
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

DRONE-flies-YOU Posted at 2017-2-10 18:38
On Healthydrones.com, my battery temperature always ONLY shows 32 also.

For example, it may be because you use DGJ GO4 only.
In the first post are 2 images form the one Mavic. The first made with DJI GO4 and uploaded with HD Sync. The second made and autoupload with Litchi. As can you see, last have temperature information.
2017-2-11
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
lvl.4
United States

Alx Posted at 2017-2-11 06:18
For example, it may be because you use DGJ GO4 only.
In the first post are 2 images form the one Mavic. The first made with DJI GO4 and uploaded with HD Sync. The second made and autoupload with Litchi. As can you see, last have temperature information.

OOPS!  My mistake.  I see that now.  

Hmmm, interesting   <====  my "new" comment  
2017-2-11
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Mavic battery information is not perfect at Healthydrones. They can't read the right serial number. I use 3 batteries, HD sees it as one. Temperature is not shown. HD says DJI is to blame.
2017-2-11
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-2-11 10:14
Mavic battery information is not perfect at Healthydrones. They can't read the right serial number. I use 3 batteries, HD sees it as one. Temperature is not shown. HD says DJI is to blame.

I don't know how, but HD recognizes all my three batteries from Mavic. In first post you can see 2 different SN. Flight records with DJI GO4 and Litchi have correct battery info.
2017-2-11
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

This is what HD is telling me about the batteries (I use IOS and iPhone  5s):

'Important: ONLY use this function to manually add a battery if you are unable to see the battery information automatically uploaded from the flight log.

This wizard has been designed to accommodate specific cases where the battery serial number is not properly reported in the flight log.

For example: DJI Mavic Pro users who fly with an iOS device with DJI GO 3.1 or DJI GO 4.0, where the battery serial number is not properly reported in the flight log.

Most users do not need to manually add batteries using this wizard. Instead, simply upload your flight log and the battery will automatically get created. '
2017-2-12
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

NavigatorNL Posted at 2017-2-12 06:21
This is what HD is telling me about the batteries (I use IOS and iPhone  5s):

'Important: ONLY use this function to manually add a battery if you are unable to see the battery information automatically uploaded from the flight log.

I use Andriod. As HD says that might be specific to IOS.
In my case HD recognized batteries well. But the flight record made with Litchi has battery temperature, the flight record with DJI GO4 hasn't.  
2017-2-12
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

Alx Posted at 2017-2-12 09:37
I use Andriod. As HD says that might be specific to IOS.
In my case HD recognized batteries well. But the flight record made with Litchi has battery temperature, the flight record with DJI GO4 hasn't.

HD says that is because battery information in log files DJI GO4 is limited. Temperature, cell deviations and amperage use are currently not available. I just wonder if and when DJI plans to include this information in the log?
2017-2-13
Use props
ChopSticks
lvl.1

United States

Do your batteries consistently stay in the 30s C range? just curious what were the outdoor weather conditions? Mines linger anywhere from 40-55c which seems to be a bit hot in comparison
2017-2-13
Use props
ChopSticks
lvl.1

United States

doublepost (delete please)
2017-2-13
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

ChopSticks Posted at 2017-2-13 07:58
Do your batteries consistently stay in the 30s C range? just curious what were the outdoor weather conditions? Mines linger anywhere from 40-55c which seems to be a bit hot in comparison

ChopSticks, The flight with the temperature around 30C made in winter (-7C). I don't know your state, but I think, if you going to Alaska and fly at middle of December, you might get significantly lover values
2017-2-13
Use props
ChopSticks
lvl.1

United States

Alx Posted at 2017-2-13 09:50
ChopSticks, The flight with the temperature around 30C made in winter (-7C). I don't know your state, but I think, if you going to Alaska and fly at middle of December, you might get significantly lover values

Thanks I'm in Northeast US, at the time of my flight it was 4-5C and I was getting around 48C

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83210-1-1.html

Recently flew in 25C and battery temps got up to 56C
2017-2-13
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

ChopSticks Posted at 2017-2-13 12:58
Thanks I'm in Northeast US, at the time of my flight it was 4-5C and I was getting around 48C

http://forum.dji.com/thread-83210-1-1.html

Your data correlated with my. You flew at +12C above my flight and got 48 instead of 36. Besides, I flew in Litchi and ran a waypoint mission. AC was all time in movement.

This internal data about battery temperature from 4 flights which made in Africa last Jan. In all cases outer temperature more then +30C. I didn't get any warning about temperature.
2017-02-14_11-37-24.png
2017-2-14
Use props
ChopSticks
lvl.1

United States

Alx Posted at 2017-2-14 00:50
Your data correlated with my. You flew at +12C above my flight and got 48 instead of 36. Besides, I flew in Litchi and ran a waypoint mission. AC was all time in movement.

This internal data about battery temperature from 4 flights which made in Africa last Jan. In all cases outer temperature more then +30C. I didn't get any warning about temperature.

I'm from the States so I could be wrong, but isn't Celsius not as proportionate as F? so for instead the 12 degree variance on the low end (outdoor temp) would not be the same as the 12 degree variance at the high end (battery temp)  

-7 to 5 is 19-41 32 to 48 is 89 - 118?

anyways, thanks for the graph is the Y axis in tenths? for instance 500 = 50?

Good to see someone else at least reaching somewhat same high end temps, what was the ambient temperature in Africa at the time if you recall?
2017-2-14
Use props
Alx
lvl.1
Russia

ChopSticks Posted at 2017-2-14 07:11
I'm from the States so I could be wrong, but isn't Celsius not as proportionate as F? so for instead the 12 degree variance on the low end (outdoor temp) would not be the same as the 12 degree variance at the high end (battery temp)  

-7 to 5 is 19-41 32 to 48 is 89 - 118?

As I see you post all temp in Celsius. I answer in Celsius too. I mean your weather temp on 12 degrees above my (+5C your, -7C my) . And your log temp on 12 degrees above too. Your 48, my 36.
Yes, the graph is in tens. Each unit equal 0.1C.  500 on graph means +50C.
At flight time temp was around +30C.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules