Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video with 96fps is stored as 24fps and plays in slow motion
6694 8 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Hi!

When you record video at 96fps, the original video on the Mavic is stored with meta data that says 24fps. As a result of that, all video players play the video with 24fps which is a fourth of the original speed. This also happens with the new 120fps mode (and maybe other frame rates, too). Current firmware: v01.03.0600.

This issue has originally been reported in January by different users:
1080/96 saved as 1080/24
1080p 96fps ... Slow Motion ????!!!

Could we get a fix for this please? It is annoying that I have to fix all video files manually so that I can view them at their original speed.
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

It's designed so, just as with Osmo Pro/Raw high frame video.

I would assume there's some hardware limitation behind.
2017-5-6
Use props
Dronoob
lvl.4
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-5-6 23:58
It's designed so, just as with Osmo Pro/Raw high frame video.

Hardware limitation does not make any sense. It is just the meta data info of the video file which is properly set for 24fps, 30fps, and 60fps. There is no reason to not write 96fps as value into that data field.

Why would this be a feature? There is no hint in the app about this behaviour and nothing is mentioned about this in the manual. If this is intended behaviour, I expect a short hint in the app: "Please note, the video is recorded at 96fps. The original on the memory card will play back in slow motion at 24fps."

I still don't get why this should be a feature. But after some testing I can say, the Mavic does the following:

Recorded --> Meta data of video file (result)
24fps --> 24fps (normal speed)
30fps --> 30fps (normal speed)
60fps --> 60fps (normal speed)
96fps --> 24fps (quarter speed)
120fps --> 30fps (quarter speed)
2017-5-7
Use props
Eyesaround
lvl.1
Flight distance : 271010 ft
Argentina

Same problem here. If you record for a minute at 96fps you will get a 4minute video at 24fps. Theres is no hardware limitation as it effectively records all 96 frames per second. But still saves the video as 24fps. Really annoying
2017-5-8
Use props
Hafstensudden
New
Flight distance : 73323 ft
Sweden

Just had a long chat session with the support before I started to read the forum. I have recorded a lot of clips in 1080p 96fps and they all shows in slow motion in every player I have. As you mentioned already the frame rate in the VLC shows as 23,976. According to DJI support this is normal?!?

What is the best way to fix this? I need to speed up the clips 4 times. Frame rate changers I tried are only able to convert to maximum 60fps.
2017-7-13
Use props
ars.fabula
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706234 ft
Switzerland

It's a feature, I wouldn't want to have it any other way. That's how I get my slowmo sequences out of the Mavic.  
If i want normal speed footage, I film at 30 or 60 fps.
2017-7-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
lvl.4
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I have had no problems speeding up the video using my editor (PowerDirector 15).
2017-7-13
Use props
Spatule
New
Canada

If it's a feature, we should be able to disable it, it's very annoying.
When I set 96 frames per second , I expect exactly that, not 24 frames per second. No other camera operates like this, so why?
On that same point, why does 60 fps works fine but not 96? Inconsistency...

One would describe this has a bug, not a feature...
2018-6-18
Use props
lmccleaf
New

What program did you use to fix all you video files manually?  I just found this out the hard way.
2019-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules