o(^-^)o
Chuck1026
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1213816 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse11feaa2 Posted at 2017-12-25 15:37
How can I ask a question

Your posts appear on this thread, so just make sure to ask your question and provide plenty of detail. That's the key. I saw DJI Thor is watching, replying and sharing suggestions to resolve.

2017-12-26
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1026 Posted at 2017-12-26 06:02
Your posts appear on this thread, so just make sure to ask your question and provide plenty of detail. That's the key. I saw DJI Thor is watching, replying and sharing suggestions to resolve.

@fanse11feaa2 , you should definitely reach out as @DJI Thor has indicated. DJI will offer exceptional tech support. All you need to do is share details of your experience  with them (you mentioned to me that you charged the goggles for several hours but upon power-up only one LED illuminates). Does it light solid or flash? Do you have a video to show the behavior?  

My guess is you need to press the headband release on the goggles, remove the headband and plug it back in. Then try again as @DennisMurry08 has done successfully. This would be invaluable to know.

You're gonna get them working with DJI's help. I just know it!
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chuck1026 Posted at 2017-12-25 06:05
Thanks DJI Thor! I previously shared this forum thread and the repair link. Hopefully there's an easy solution. If not, I hope the warranty will help! He's pretty frustrated.

It looks like he may have posted on here as well about his Inspire 2 / Googles head tracking issue. He told me he also had power up issues.

I also hope the issue will be easy to resolve, users and our moderators here will do the best to help if he had posted a thread with the details, and I believe our support will do, too.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi there, how may we help you? You can reply me the details directly, or you can post a thread on the corresponding column, we will do the best to help.
2017-12-26
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-12-25 03:26
Hi, please refer to the tutorial below. Head Tracking is introduced at 1:54. Please note that head tracking is only available when connecting the RC via USB cable for Inspire 2. Hope it helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ruVovEKVl0

Hey Thor...starting to have an issue with head tracking so want to pick your brain...when I activate it the gimbal wants to drift off to the left..so when I’m flying straight my head is looking about 30 degrees to the left to keep my view straight ahead....when I get out of head tracking my gimbal view is fine....any ideas?
2017-12-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-12-27 08:07
Hey Thor...starting to have an issue with head tracking so want to pick your brain...when I activate it the gimbal wants to drift off to the left..so when I’m flying straight my head is looking about 30 degrees to the left to keep my view straight ahead....when I get out of head tracking my gimbal view is fine....any ideas?

Please try to reset the motion control and try again. If it doesn't help, if it is possible, could you please ask a friend for shooting and provide me with the video? Thank you. reset motion.png
2017-12-28
Use props
Carbonhead
New
Flight distance : 120709 ft
United States

Right off it looks like your battery is almost dead. Try a full battery, then repost.
2018-1-5
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Carbonhead Posted at 2018-1-5 06:54
Right off it looks like your battery is almost dead. Try a full battery, then repost.

Nope...if you watch the video you will see it’s fully charged...it just lights up one led in the beginning indicating a problem...after a few tries you’ll see the 4 leds....I tracked it down to a bad headband...probably the connection because I tried another headband and it works fine...then I took the bad headband and tried it on another goggle and got the same issue...so that’s the cause...trying to figure out if I can fix it
2018-1-5
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

U sure its a bad headband ? The goggles have this thing where if u touch the button only once u have to wait 10 seconds to touch it again and turn it on. So if u just tap it once for battery status u cant power on for atleast 10 sec or they simply will not power on. All goggles do this
2018-1-9
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Also u have to be faster on that second press!!!
2018-1-9
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bad headband...put another headband on and it works fine...
2018-1-12
Use props
fanse11feaa2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464721 ft
  • >>>

Hey guys it's been  awhile  since I have here I bought a  pair of dji goggles in December for 350 dollars good deal I knew I couldn't fly but it was a good deal I got them out yesterday to charge but instead of charging it started to drain the power from the goggles it started with 3 bars now has 1 I can't or will not work on them because it will void my buyer's protection for ebay does anyone have any clue why they won't charge. Thank you. Scott
2018-3-25
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

fanse11feaa2 Posted at 2018-3-25 04:25
Hey guys it's been  awhile  since I have here I bought a  pair of dji goggles in December for 350 dollars good deal I knew I couldn't fly but it was a good deal I got them out yesterday to charge but instead of charging it started to drain the power from the goggles it started with 3 bars now has 1 I can't or will not work on them because it will void my buyer's protection for ebay does anyone have any clue why they won't charge. Thank you. Scott

@DJI Thor , As I noted in a PM to you earlier today, Scott / fanse11feaa2 had dropped communication for a long while but it seems he is still struggling with an issue very much like @DennisMurry08 . I hope DJI can help him figure out the root cause so he may enjoy the goggles.

@fanse11feaa2 , Please work directly with DJI Thor and the good people on this forum / thread to get you flying with the goggles soon.

Chuck
2018-3-25
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I just did some new research on the DJI goggles power up issue. I see more than once case https://forum.dji.com/thread-128741-1-1.html and https://forum.dji.com/thread-117794-1-1.html where the headband wasn't inserted properly into the goggle assembly. Most users resolved the issue by removing and re-inserting the headband connector into the goggles. I know I brought this up to @fanse11feaa2 some time ago.

I also see one case where DJI replaced the headband module ( see https://forum.dji.com/thread-100525-1-1.html )?  

@DennisMurry08 , I sent you a PM but I probably should just have waited for your reply here. Really curious what DJI did for you if the headband / connector was the issue.
2018-3-25
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

@fanse11feaa2 , please talk to DJI tech support, share the issue details with them and resolve what you may not be doing correctly. If you haven't done this already please unplug the headband and reinsert it until you hear a positive "click". Charge them up and try one more time.

This will take several hours. Please respond on here with the results.

DJI may be also be reached at UNITED STATES & CANADA  (818) 235 0789, Mon-Fri 7:00AM - 5:00PM (PST)

Thank you.
2018-3-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Chuck1026 Posted at 2018-3-25 06:56
I just did some new research on the DJI goggles power up issue. I see more than once case https://forum.dji.com/thread-128741-1-1.html and https://forum.dji.com/thread-117794-1-1.html where the headband wasn't inserted properly into the goggle assembly. Most users resolved the issue by removing and re-inserting the headband connector into the goggles. I know I brought this up to @fanse11feaa2 some time ago.

I also see one case where DJI replaced the headband module ( see https://forum.dji.com/thread-100525-1-1.html )?  

Had to send the goggles in but they replaced the headband....
2018-3-25
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2018-3-25 15:24
Had to send the goggles in but they replaced the headband....

Appreciate that. How was this diagnosed? Did DJI pay shipping to/from for the repair?
2018-3-26
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Chuck1026 Posted at 2018-3-26 06:16
Appreciate that. How was this diagnosed? Did DJI pay shipping to/from for the repair?

Had another goggle and video’d the bad one and took the headband off the other goggle and plugged it in...it worked....so called support and got an RMA and included a link to the video...took about 2weeks but got a new goggle..not sure if it was a new headband and same goggle or a complete set up...I didn’t write down the serial number ..When you send something in on an RMA you have to send both the headband and goggle....I can’t remember if I paid shipping down or not...I don’t think so...
2018-3-26
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm hoping that DJI steps up and helps out others who can't access a spare headband to test with. If there's any doubt it should be replaced quickly under warranty.
2018-3-28
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Chuck1026 Posted at 2018-3-28 17:30
I'm hoping that DJI steps up and helps out others who can't access a spare headband to test with. If there's any doubt it should be replaced quickly under warranty.

Where do you live?
2018-3-28
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I'm in NY but the buyer is in OH. He doesn't seem too interested in doing anything besides sending them back to me instead of getting the issue (whatever it may be) corrected with the help of DJI. Whan I boxed them up they were working perfectly.
2018-3-29
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1026 Posted at 2018-3-29 16:55
I'm in NY but the buyer is in OH. He doesn't seem too interested in doing anything besides sending them back to me instead of getting the issue (whatever it may be) corrected with the help of DJI. Whan I boxed them up they were working perfectly.

UPDATE: PayPal forced me to accept the return. The Goggles came back and charged perfectly. No issues at all. I tried to duplicate the issue by plugging in and unplugging the headband but they work just fine. Now I use them for fly-alongs.
2018-6-2
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the same issue, occasionally with my goggles. ALWAYS the fix is reseat the battery/headband connection. Always.
2018-6-15
Use props
Mohinder
Second Officer
Flight distance : 920489 ft
Belgium

Hi
I have read this thread and I found something about gogles icon in profile. I bought Gogles RE few months ago and I still haven't icon in my profile
Can you help me?
2018-6-18
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>

Mohinder Posted at 2018-6-18 07:18
Hi
I have read this thread and I found something about gogles icon in profile. I bought Gogles RE few months ago and I still haven't icon in my profile
Can you help me?

Hi...ping DJI Thor..he helped me
2018-6-18
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 2018-6-15 17:31
I have the same issue, occasionally with my goggles. ALWAYS the fix is reseat the battery/headband connection. Always.

Well it's been several months since I was forced by @fanse11feaa2 to take the Goggles back... I've been using them occasionally and they work and charge just fine.

Still, I could see how the headband might not snap in perfectly all of the time. If there was any issue at all, I can only figure that was it. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue.
2018-7-14
Use props
Airport Dog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1164226 ft
  • >>>
United States

Chuck1026 Posted at 2018-7-14 14:59
Well it's been several months since I was forced by @fanse11feaa2 to take the Goggles back... I've been using them occasionally and they work and charge just fine.

Still, I could see how the headband might not snap in perfectly all of the time. If there was any issue at all, I can only figure that was it. I haven't been able to duplicate the issue.

Used the old buyers remorse, I suspect.
2018-8-10
Use props
Chuck1026
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Airport Dog Posted at 2018-8-10 09:21
Used the old buyers remorse, I suspect.

Yes. I am pretty sure it was buyers remorse. All I can say is, "well played buyer".

The Goggles still work great whenever I randomly power em up to test, but I still wish I never saw them again. ironically I sold them because I, too, had buyers remorse!
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules