How to stitch 360 degree panoramas?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_4F7X0qGxfaIK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 289341 ft
Switzerland

Ive made a lot of panoramas with my Phantom 4 Pro. I stitch them with Adobe Photoshops Camera RAW and it works for most of them. But when I try to stich 360 degree panoramas it just dont works.  Is there a better programm or another way to stitch them?
2018-8-4
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

Try Microsoft ICE.
Free!!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ ... e-composite-editor/
2018-8-4
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

*I am using a Mac.
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

Aeromirage Posted at 2018-8-4 20:44
Try Microsoft ICE.
Free!!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/product/computational-photography-applications/image-composite-editor/

Thanks but I forgot to say that Im using an iMac. Do u know a program for Mac?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. You may try the DJI Media Maker. You may download this in:

Mac: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nstaller_en.dmg.zip
Windows: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/osmo/DJI_Media_Maker-x64-en.zip

You may found it here also in this link: https://www.dji.com/osmo/info#downloads
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 03:32
Hello there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. You may try the DJI Media Maker. You may download this in:

Mac: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... nstaller_en.dmg.zip

Thank you but when I open it with a 360 degree viewer it just looks distorted and not 360 degree. Is there a way to get the 360 degree picture in the format like the DJI GO app saves it so I can export it to websites like Google Streetview?

Thanks!
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 03:54
Thank you but when I open it with a 360 degree viewer it just looks distorted and not 360 degree. Is there a way to get the 360 degree picture in the format like the DJI GO app saves it so I can export it to websites like Google Streetview?

Thanks!

Can you provide the file wherein you tried to you use the DJI Media maker?
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 03:58
Can you provide the file wherein you tried to you use the DJI Media maker?

Here it is:
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Did you try to upload it in social media and check if it will view like a 360 panorama?
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 04:30
Did you try to upload it in social media and check if it will view like a 360 panorama?

I uploaded it to Facebook and it looks like we see it here:/
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 04:35
I uploaded it to Facebook and it looks like we see it here:/

I see. If that's the case, we suggest using a different app. We will forward this concern to our engineers. Do you mind uploading the original files that haven't stitched yet?
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 04:38
I see. If that's the case, we suggest using a different app. We will forward this concern to our engineers. Do you mind uploading the original files that haven't stitched yet?

Okay, which files do you mean and where can I upload multiple files?
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 04:48
Okay, which files do you mean and where can I upload multiple files?

The files that you are trying to stitch to have a 360 panorama. You may upload it here by putting all the files in a folder.

2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 05:15
The files that you are trying to stitch to have a 360 panorama. You may upload it here by putting all the files in a folder.

[view_image]

I tried it like you said but it doesn't work because of two reasons:
1. I can't upload a folder, just single images.  
2. The file size has to be less than 1MB, thats not even enough for one picture.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 05:48
I tried it like you said but it doesn't work because of two reasons:
1. I can't upload a folder, just single images.  
2. The file size has to be less than 1MB, thats not even enough for one picture.

You can try to upload it in the dropbox then provide us the link.
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 05:55
You can try to upload it in the dropbox then provide us the link.

Im sorry but the upload to dropbox doesn't work because the files are still to big.
2018-8-5
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 11:07
Im sorry but the upload to dropbox doesn't work because the files are still to big.

Alright. No problem. We'll just forward this issue to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.
2018-8-5
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-5 22:22
Alright. No problem. We'll just forward this issue to our engineers. Your patience will be much appreciated.

Okay, I am very happy to see how you help your customers and I am looking forward to the solutions your engineers will find. Have a nice day!
2018-8-5
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 23:30
Okay, I am very happy to see how you help your customers and I am looking forward to the solutions your engineers will find. Have a nice day!

That’s a bit odd - strange how there seems to be no images of the horizon/sky in the pano. When you look at the individual files used to stitch the pano, are the ones of the horizon present?
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

G Davidson Posted at 2018-8-6 00:03
That’s a bit odd - strange how there seems to be no images of the horizon/sky in the pano. When you look at the individual files used to stitch the pano, are the ones of the horizon present?

Yes there are many images of the horizon. When Im doing the sticking in the app it works - I get a wonderful circle panorama. But on Mac no change.
2018-8-6
Use props
G Davidson
First Officer
Flight distance : 263465 ft
United Kingdom

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-6 00:09
Yes there are many images of the horizon. When Im doing the sticking in the app it works - I get a wonderful circle panorama. But on Mac no change.

That's quite bizarre - I don't use DJI Media Maker myself so won't be of much help in that regard. It might be worth trying PTGUI for the mac but you will then have another big issue - how to fill in the sky above the drone that will not have been captured (A thread at https://forum.dji.com/thread-152053-1-1.html gives you an idea of the work involved)

If DJI comes back with a solution for Media Maker, that may be the easiest option for you.
2018-8-6
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

G Davidson Posted at 2018-8-6 00:44
That's quite bizarre - I don't use DJI Media Maker myself so won't be of much help in that regard. It might be worth trying PTGUI for the mac but you will then have another big issue - how to fill in the sky above the drone that will not have been captured (A thread at https://forum.dji.com/thread-152053-1-1.html gives you an idea of the work involved)

If DJI comes back with a solution for Media Maker, that may be the easiest option for you.

Thank you!
2018-8-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-5 23:30

Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. We were able to confirm with our engineers that the DJI Media Maker only works for Osmo's panorama shots. I highly recommend using third-party editors.
2018-8-7
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-7 04:42
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. We were able to confirm with our engineers that the DJI Media Maker only works for Osmo's panorama shots. I highly recommend using third-party editors.

Okay, thats good to know. Thank you for helping me!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-7 04:53
Okay, thats good to know. Thank you for helping me!

Thank you for your understanding as well. Let us know if you still need any help.
2018-8-7
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-7 04:54
Thank you for your understanding as well. Let us know if you still need any help.

There is another thing you could help me about but I don't know if thats your topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-160322-1-1.html
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-7 04:58
There is another thing you could help me about but I don't know if thats your topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-160322-1-1.html

That topic is beyond my field of service. I'm very sorry. You may send an email to support@dji.com and someone in our proline service. I'll follow up this thread as well. Thank you for your patience.
2018-8-7
Use props
JasonPictures
lvl.3
Switzerland

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-7 05:24
That topic is beyond my field of service. I'm very sorry. You may send an email to  and someone in our proline service. I'll follow up this thread as well. Thank you for your patience.

No problem, thank you too!
2018-8-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

JasonPictures Posted at 2018-8-7 05:26
No problem, thank you too!

You're welcome.
2018-8-7
Use props
dronto
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Wanda Posted at 2018-8-7 04:42
Hi. Thank you for patiently waiting. We were able to confirm with our engineers that the DJI Media Maker only works for Osmo's panorama shots. I highly recommend using third-party editors.

Wanda, interestingly I am able to use DJI Media Maker for my Mavic Pro Platinum shots
2018-8-7
Use props
Dronistfj
New

Hi I had the same problem when uploading to facebook but theres a website that does it for you that I found while watching a yt video
heres the link: https://nadirpatch.com/exif/
just upload the photo from this stage and it converts it so that facebook recognises it as a 360 photo hope this helps
2019-9-24
Use props
Nostalzia
lvl.1

Bangladesh

what is that ?
2022-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules