DJI Service Center has stolen 2 X5R Cameras - WARNING
641 5 2018-8-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
metiscreative
lvl.1
United States

First of all, I have several DJI products. Multiple Inspires, cameras, Osmos, Phantoms and a ton of accesories to make all these items work for a commercial endeavor. Easily over $25,000 worth of products. You would think I am the perfect customer and one that DJI would want to keep happy and keep purchasing. Think again...
On June 22nd 2018 I sent in an Inspire 1 drone with 2 X5R cameras. I was orignally given 3 sepearate shipping lables and shipped them all in the same box, the drone shipment, like I have done in the past for repairs. I have the proof of this shipping and that it was in fact received. In this box was the Inspire plastic case with drone inside as well as TWO X5R camera cases with cameras inside. DJI repaired and shipped back the drone but I never received any word on the cameras. Obviously a drone without a camera is worthless so I called to see the status of the camera repairs. Their response was that they never received the cameras. They also claimed to have taken photos of this box that they received and when sent to me for proof, it was of course a photo of the inside of the plastic drone case, not the shipping box. This leads me to believe that the person that unloaded this shipment pulled out the drone case and threw the box away with the cameras. And of course, DJI is taking zero responsibility for this.

I first called on July 22nd after having to rent a camera for 2 weeks to complete jobs (There goes $800 out the door on rentals) and was told that there is nothing they can do and claimed to have photos of the shipment box and no cameras were inside. Of course, I demanded they send these photos to me and sure enough, its photos of the drone and its plastic case but nothing of a shipping box like the claimed. I call back a week later and talk to RUSS ID:420 (July 31st) who tells me that they have located one of the cameras (Case Number: CAS - 1924178 - S8K1M7 and it will be sent to me right away as I had another job coming a few days later and didnt want to spend another $400 on a rental while they continue to find the second camera: Case Number: CAS - 1924198 - Q1Q1S3. Nothing came, of course.

I then called back (Aug 3rd)  and asked the status and escalated to Josh: 686 who then told me that Russ: 420 was wrong and no camera was recovered. He then said they have photo / video proof that it wasnt in the shipment box. I said "Great, send it to me, I want to see this proof", which request has been ignored... I know why, because if they had proof, it would be of two cameras in the shipping box. He said to file a police report, which Cerritos Sheriff station does not take over the phone, only in person... Pretty tough when Im in Oregon.

So, thanks to DJI, I will NEVER be purchasing another product again in my life as well as post this to EVERY drone forum I can find. I was about to pull the trigger on two Inspire 2 packages that would have totaled another $25,000 but not any more. Not only do I now have 2 drones without cameras that are now worthless, Im also out 4 weeks of camera rentals totaling $1600 so I could complete the jobs I had booked. Ill just go to Freefly and get some real drones that carry real cameras with a company that will look after their valued customer.

2018-8-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi metiscreative, we are terribly sorry to read on your unfortunate experience with our repair center, your concern has been escalated to the higher team to look into, we will have someone to contact you after the investigation, appreciate your patience.
2018-8-22
Use props
Ducati1299
lvl.1
Flight distance : 122228 ft
Australia

Why does it have to get to this point Mindy for someone to look into it.  Lesson learned here is  video the box packed and when opening. You can't trust
2018-8-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ducati1299 Posted at 2018-8-25 16:01
Why does it have to get to this point Mindy for someone to look into it.  Lesson learned here is  video the box packed and when opening. You can't trust

Hi Ducati1299, sorry for the inconvenience. I just read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-161145-1-1.html If there is any further concern, please kindly keep us updated in your post for better follow-up, thanks so much!
2018-8-25
Use props
metiscreative
lvl.1
United States

@DJI Mindy

Nothing has been done. This is still outstanding and I have heard nothing. DJI has done zero to remedy their fault.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

metiscreative Posted at 2018-10-17 13:21
@DJI Mindy

Nothing has been done. This is still outstanding and I have heard nothing. DJI has done zero to remedy their fault.

John, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I can see here that this has been escalated by Mindy last August. One from the higher team contacted you several times but wasn't able to get in touch with you. We'll forward it again and expect a feedback from them within working hours. Thank you
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules