D Cinelike (Again)
1522 9 2023-3-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Flight distance : 529065 ft
Spain

Well yet another D Cine Like Thread......So I have two questions and I wonder if there is an expert out there who can answer...
1) I have bought an Osmo Pocket to capture B Roll to go with my Mini 3 Pro.....is the D Cinelike on the Osmo Pocket exactly the same spec. as on the Mini 3 Pro?

2) I still have not got an editor which can open D Cinelike from the Mini 3 Pro....I am using Corel Video Studio which has nearly all the bells and whistles I need but cannot open the 10 bit D Cinelike files.....I do not want to go to Mac....I do not have one, have never used one and I am an old man....So I want a PC editor and one which will run on a laptop...I have a Yoga 360, I7, 8 GB RAM 500 GB SSD. Now, in my desperation I have found 'Color Director' now it looks like it can open 10 bit files but only H265 not H264....So has anybody else opened DJI D Cinelike in Color Director?
2023-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I don't have a mini 3 pro yet, but I had a Mavic Pro and have a Pocket 2. The D-cinelike profile on the Mavic Pro was different than the Pocket 2, but close enough for me.

There is tons of threads about how to work with the 10bit files.
This is just one of them.
https://forum.dji.com/thread-265354-1-1.html
2023-3-29
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 3-29 23:04
I don't have a mini 3 pro yet, but I had a Mavic Pro and have a Pocket 2. The D-cinelike profile on the Mavic Pro was different than the Pocket 2, but close enough for me.

There is tons of threads about how to work with the 10bit files.

Thanks for the help!
2023-3-30
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Try DaVinci Resolve. it is a professional FREE editor.
2023-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is advised to use a mobile editor to edit with Premier, MediaEditor, DaVinci, etc. You may refer to the information below with the D-Cinelike of Osmo Pocket and DJI Mini 3 Pro.

For OP:
1. Video H.264 pre compression format: YUV420
2. The sensor input data bit (color depth) under different video resolutions;
    a. Frame rate <=30, 12bits;
    b. Frame rate > 30, 10bits

For the DJI Mini 3 Pro:
D-Cinelike is 10 bit, if you choose H.264, it cannot be recognized by some mobile devices. Under D-Cinelike, please check other parameters settings;
1. Photo YUV: 422
*Photo sensor enters data bit (color depth): 12bits
*Take a picture and enter the data bit (color depth) of the liveview sensor: 10bit
2023-3-30
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

Mobilehomer Posted at 3-30 07:31
Try DaVinci Resolve. it is a professional FREE editor.

Thanks for this. I have tried Da Vinci but it refuses to run on my laptop and I really don't want to go out and buy a desktop just to do this as a hobby but for others I understand DaVinci Resolve is a solution. Thanks for the reply, Mark
2023-3-30
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-30 22:58
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. It is advised to use a mobile editor to edit with Premier, MediaEditor, DaVinci, etc. You may refer to the information below with the D-Cinelike of Osmo Pocket and DJI Mini 3 Pro.

For OP:

Thanks for this....I have now got as far as understanding that D Cinelike can be either H264 or H265 and also as far as some editors will accept 10 bit in H265 but not H264....so slowly moving forward!
2023-3-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

SpikeHuelva Posted at 3-30 23:14
Thanks for this. I have tried Da Vinci but it refuses to run on my laptop and I really don't want to go out and buy a desktop just to do this as a hobby but for others I understand DaVinci Resolve is a solution. Thanks for the reply, Mark

You are most welcome, Mark. Hope that our fellow DJI Pilots here could provide you with the best 3rd party editing software that suits the specification of your PC. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2023-3-31
Use props
SpikeHuelva
lvl.3
Spain

SOLUTION Well for me anyway. Color Director from Cyberlink acts as a stand alone program or as part of a suite of Video Editing programs. I am using it stand alone. It will open H265 10 bit so it works for the Mini 3 Pro if you switch to H265.....this as most of you are aware will cause other problems if you try to play this before color grading and rendering it. But, if you color grade it and then output it in H264 (which Color Director can do) then this route seems to be a solution. The Osmo Pocket is only H264 though and Color Director cannot open 10 bit H264 files......I could try converting these to H265 using Handbrake but frankly I am running out of enthusiasm......I am seriously wondering if it is worth it or I should just forget about 10 bit.
2023-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules