Why no below zero filming with Osmo ? What is the cut-off tempera...
5499 4 2016-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marten.wikner.j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 363356 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

The temperature stated in the FAQ for the OSMO says 0-40 degrees celsius.

The Osmo is the perfect tool for wintersports. But yesterday it would not start in cold weather.  It was below -20 so I understand if it was too cold. But -10 or -15 should be no problem except for the tiny battery ofcourse. But as a professional one would have several preheated/bodyheated batteries.

This will be a dealbreaker about investing in the X5-version for me. Half year is below 0 degrees in Scandinavia.  

What is the temperature when the electronics cuts out operation?  That would be great to know.
And is it only the handle or the whole Osmo that needs to be kept warm?

If its only the handle I guess that manageble in the field to put a batterywarmer around the whole handle. But if the Gimbal also needs to be kept warm I guess there would be a risk of Ice/rim build up on the lens with the differing .

2016-1-7
Use props
sdchew
lvl.3

Singapore

Actually the gimbal generates so much heat I doubt the freezing temperature will be an issue. Freezing of lubricants should be an issue thou
2016-1-7
Use props
DJI-Amy
DJI team

Hong Kong

It's actually limited by the battery, since the chemical material can be highly affected by the cold temperture. Please try to warm the battery before use. Check this tutorial to learn about he LIPO battery use in cold weather.
Using batteries in the cold weather
http://forum.dji.com/thread-35249-1-1.html
How do Intelligent Batteries Work?
http://forum.dji.com/thread-38174-1-1.html
2016-1-7
Use props
marten.wikner.j
lvl.1
Flight distance : 363356 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Thanks alot for quick reply!
2016-1-7
Use props
fran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 74052 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

marten.wikner.j Posted at 2016-1-7 19:36
Thanks alot for quick reply!

I was using my Inspire yesterday. It would not take off because battery was below the required temperature. I simply put the battery inside my coat and after then minutes it was good to go.
Keep your batteries warm before use and and you should not have any problems.
2016-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules