3223 10 2016-5-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aylottdaniel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 120295 ft
United Kingdom

Hi all

Got a bit of a problem with my phantom 4 losing signal it keeps doing it, it was fine when i first got it but now it loses signal somtimes at 100ft away and other time 1000ft or more also it corrupts the video file evey time it loses signal :-( anyone onow how to fix this ?

Thanks
2016-5-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Firstly have a look at this video , it gives a guide as to best practice for signal strength.

The image you see on your device is only a video feedback for your reference and will break up a bit if signal poor.
The uncorrupted version direct from the camera is stored on the SD card in the aircraft.

2016-5-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

And This might help smooth out the download process from the micro sd card
2016-5-8
Use props
aylottdaniel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

thanks for the replys :-) I have the antenna set up right when I'm flying so it shouldn't  be losing signal at such a low distance from me like i said it was fine before i dont know why its doing now :-( also when its about to lose signal the video stream lags but it shows i have full signal on the App then just cuts out saying no signal.
2016-5-8
Use props
aylottdaniel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

also its the flies on the sd card that gets corrupted and as soon as I lose signal the recording stops, thats what i think is corruteing the video files
2016-5-8
Use props
DJI-Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

aylottdaniel@ho Posted at 2016-5-9 04:55
also its the flies on the sd card that gets corrupted and as soon as I lose signal the recording sto ...

Normally the signal lost issue doesn't stop video recording. Do you try another SD card? Besides, you can use some video repairing software to fix the corrupted videos such as Grau GBR video repair software.
2016-5-9
Use props
aylottdaniel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yes I've got one, I'll try it out when my battery is charged :-) dose the read and wright speed / format matter on the SD card ? I think the one I had in there is 50 mbps. Also do you think that could be causing the video signal to lose signal if the sd card i was using is causing files to be corrupted ? (It may be causing the camra system to crash ?)
2016-5-9
Use props
aylottdaniel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

OK tried the other SD card and it seemed to work fine and the signal didn't cut out  :-) I'll have to give it another test and maybe swap the sd cards just to check that's what's causing the issue.
2016-5-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

P4 you need minimum 60Mb/s write speed, 80 Mb/s or faster is better.

Formatted FAT32 for <= 32GB and ExFAT for up to 64GB cards.
2016-5-9
Use props
aylottdaniel
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks Aardvark :-)
2016-5-10
Use props
DJI-BladeStrike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Correct, issues with the sd card can and will appears as no signal as well. Good call aardvark!
2016-5-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules