P3 standard, poor wifi, it work but limited range, how to fix it ?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

Dear All !

I use a P3 standard, with 1.6.80 firmware, the App are upadated.

My problem :

- Yesterday, the range with the wifi was really bad ... after 20 meters, No signal ..  return to home ..
- I've retart the airplane, but still the same after few meters.
- The same problem on litchi app and Dji Go.

The flight was in mountains, no house, no antenna near ...

Questions :

- Is it possible to change the wifi channel on the P3 std ?
- How can I fix this "poor" signal ?

Thank you all !

2016-6-7
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Flight distance : 244856 ft
Italy

Hi Remi,
i have the same issue, as thousand of other users, and at the moment simple users like us can't fix this issue.
I send my p3s back hoping dji will fix it, but it seems caused by the new firmware and i suppose that until dji realease a new firmware we are stucked in this situation.

I think we can't change wifi channel but i am not sure.
2016-6-7
Use props
crembo9
lvl.1

Bulgaria

have the same issue, so far from reading here it seems that the last firmware update is what caused this.
I'm new to DJI, so not sure how it was before the last update...
2016-6-7
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Italy

crembo9@gmail.c Posted at 2016-6-7 12:38
have the same issue, so far from reading here it seems that the last firmware update is what caused  ...

i am new too but before the last update i push mi p3s to 187 meters and i never lost signal. I didn't go farther because i was scared, but my p3s can go on. Signal was strong
Now after 20 meters i lost rc signal.
Only few users still fly as the previous version.
I suggest to send the p3s back, if they receive thousand of drone back they will check twice the new firmware
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

Is it possible to downgrade the firmware ??

fuck ... how can we contact Dji ?
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

remi_rl Posted at 2016-6-7 20:16
Is it possible to downgrade the firmware ??

fuck ... how can we contact Dji ?

"Call +49 (0) 9747-9304200, Mon-Fri 9:00am - 5:00pm Central Europe time, or email support.europe@dji.com"

Hope it helps
2016-6-7
Use props
huntcool001
lvl.3

South Korea

Hi, Remi, you can find a signal boosters or range boosters on Ebay, cost 20-30 dollars. Normally it increases the range for at least 30%. Though it's not much  currently, it's still useful after your plane is repaired.

You can try different combination of firmware of plane, RC and DJI Go app version.  Take a look at this, http://forum.dji.com/thread-54038-1-1.html

If it still doesn't work, contact DJI support.
2016-6-7
Use props
nabzo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 353310 ft
Switzerland

to be honest I had the p3s it drove me insane with the range I was so disappointed I decided to sell it and now I have the P3A and im very much happy with it the dji light bridge tech is awesome ..
so my suggestion sell the p3s and get the p3a or p3p

just my 2cents
2016-6-7
Use props
frixster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45541 ft
United Kingdom

I purchased a Argtek range boosting aerial and the range is much much better now on my P3S. Well recommended.
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

Thaks guy, I am trying to play with version ...

I will dowgrade the firmware and find the solution I hope ..
2016-6-7
Use props
Cessna172
lvl.4
United States

Is the WiFi on your viewing device turned OFF ?

Is the Wifi on your cell phone turned OFF ?
I always put my cell phone into Airplane mode when flying the Phantom(s) orr any other drones I have
2016-6-7
Use props
crembo9
lvl.1

Bulgaria

frixster Posted at 2016-6-7 14:41
I purchased a Argtek range boosting aerial and the range is much much better now on my P3S. Well rec ...

does this help with the video?
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

Cessna172 Posted at 2016-6-7 14:21
Is the WiFi on your viewing device turned OFF ?

Is the Wifi on your cell phone turned OFF ?

really ? I will try this

But how can you dowload the google maps in flight mode ?

I'll try it
2016-6-7
Use props
walterm
lvl.1

United States

huntcool001@gma Posted at 2016-6-7 07:36
Hi, Remi, you can find a signal boosters or range boosters on Ebay, cost 20-30 dollars. Normally it  ...

I have a pair of P3 advanced, latest firmware on everything and I routinely fly almost a mile away.  I could go farther if I went higher to keep line of site.   
2016-6-7
Use props
amelia.bolli01
lvl.2

United States

I AM GOING INSANE BECAUSE EVERYBODY IS COMPAINING ABOUT BAD RANGE ON PHANTOM 3 STANDARD! IDK WHY EVERYBODY IS GETTING SUCH A BAD RANGE! I GET 1.3 MILES! (ALMOST AS MUCH AS LIGHTBRIDGE!) I DONT KNOW WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING EVERYBODY ELSE BUT MY RANGE IS AS GOOD AS LIGHTBRIDGE! HERES MY RANGE TEST WITH A 1$ WINDSURFER: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KgUnTDeLMkQ
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

walterm Posted at 2016-6-7 17:09
I have a pair of P3 advanced, latest firmware on everything and I routinely fly almost a mile away ...

I don't care about increasing the range, I just want to flight more that 40 meters, this is a software problem
2016-6-7
Use props
a.t.ebrahim
lvl.1

Pakistan

I had the same problem. Using an older version of a DJI Go Application and downgrading the firmware on the aircraft seems to have fixed it much.
2016-6-7
Use props
a.t.ebrahim
lvl.1

Pakistan

What surprises me is that the people at DJI dont seem to take us P3s users seriously!?!?!?!?!?
2016-6-7
Use props
remi_rl
lvl.2
France

a.t.ebrahim Posted at 2016-6-7 17:31
I had the same problem. Using an older version of a DJI Go Application and downgrading the firmware  ...

does it woks now in your case ? I will try to fix it today
2016-6-7
Use props
clala
lvl.1

Canada

DBS mod helped me. Tremendous range.
2016-6-7
Use props
microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52471-1-1.html

The Steps :
1. Download the firmware at http://phantomhelp.com/Mobile/Phantom-3-Standard/#FirmwareArchive and select the fw that you want .bin file format

2. Insert the file to sd card, outside folder, and must be the only one .bin file format

3. Turn on the RC and the drone without sd card until it connect (RC and Drone)

4. Connect to DJI GO App (to see downgrade status stay at front page of the app)

5. Insert the sd card. Then the downgrade process is starting and rear led will turn to yellow and there will be beep sound from the drone (it is normal). See at DJI GO app, there will be status bar show the downgrade process. If the rear led becomes green it means the process is complete, you also can see the succes notice at DJI GO App.

6. Restart the RC and Drone, connect DJI GO App, check the FW. Finish.

I hope it can help the issue of 1.6.80 firmware for Phantom 3 Standard

NOTE : DO IT WITH YOUR OWN RISK!
2016-6-7
Use props
jacopo.marcoval
Second Officer
Italy

microcyb Posted at 2016-6-7 22:16
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52471-1-1.html

The Steps :

I used this guide and i downgraded my phantom 3 standard but this issue still remain.

Guys, write to dji support,calle them or send your drone back...trust me! it's the only way to comunicate our disappointment to dji!
2016-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules