Brand new unit with No Image Transmission
1534 18 2016-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
florod63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167156 ft
  • >>>

I just got a brand new Inspire 1 pro.  The case was sealed when I got it and when I opened it and tried it out, the battery was dead.  I bought brand new batteries and waiting on the dji replacement.  I put the brand new batteries in and used an Ipad mini for the device.  Turned on the controller, then the aircraft and then ran dji go app.  I got a No image transmission.  Thinking that I just need to update the firmware, I downloaded the version 1.9 for Inspire 1 pro and loaded the bin file onto a newly formatted 32 gb micro sd card but that failed so I decided to get 4 new sandisk 32 gb micro sd cards from costco.  Loaded the bin file on each one of them and tried all 4 but failed.  Called dji support and they told me to download version 1.8 and try that.  Again, tried it on all 5 micro sd cards.  All failed, called dji support again and they told me to re-link the controller, still getting the same message.  Called dji support again and they suggested resetting the video on the controller, that still did not work.  I sent my vendor a message, and they said to return the unit and I will get a full refund.  Donnie at the forum said that I am going to have to send the brand new unit in for repair.  Is there a faster resolution to this or am I going to have to send it back to the vendor or send it for repair and wait weeks or maybe months before I get it back?  I have been purchasing dji products for a few years now and I have all phantoms other than the P4, and never had this problem.  I use the phantom for business and now that I thought I am ready for the Inspire 1 pro, I have all these issues with a brand new one.

2016-6-18
Use props
bradsplanet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 700486 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm having the same issue. I have the inspire 1, not inspire 1 pro. I bought the vibration absorbing board and the x5 camera. Got everything mounted. And everything seems to be working but I am getting absolutely no image transmission. I put my x3 on the new vibration absorbing board and got image transmission no problem. Do you think we have a dead X5?
2016-6-18
Use props
florod63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 167156 ft
  • >>>
United States

bradsplanet@gma Posted at 2016-6-19 02:44
I'm having the same issue. I have the inspire 1, not inspire 1 pro. I bought the vibration absorbing ...

The x5 does not seem to be dead on mine because i see the video and pictures from the sd card.
2016-6-18
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

florod63@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-18 18:51
The x5 does not seem to be dead on mine because i see the video and pictures from the sd card.

Trust me, that is a symptom of the Video Transmission board failing. SD card  will record and take Pics...... but not send images .
Did you have the "device not detected " on the hidden file ?  
If not check the hidden file on the last SD card you updated with .
http://forum.dji.com/thread-44546-1-1.html

directions  are here

Not my first rodeo.

sorry you are having trouble

donnie

2016-6-18
Use props
bradsplanet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 700486 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Donnie so much for your help. It sucks that DJI support aren't open on weekends. Do you think they will just send me a new one. So frustrating when you spend so much on a brand new piece of gear and it doesn't work
2016-6-18
Use props
rblankenship74
New

I am in the exact same situation. Just got my Inspire 1 on Friday and it has both a bad TB47 Battery (It gets to 70% charge then gives the blinking overcharge warning) and a bad USB board on the RC. Even better is I upgraded the firmware on the AC immediately out of the box before noticing the bad USB on the RC, so now my aircraft is STUCK in the landing position instead of the travel mode. SO now I have to buy a RC just to get the F'n thing back to Travel mode so I can send it in for a refund / exchange! I'm seriously kicking myself for buying this POS.
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-19 11:16
I am in the exact same situation. Just got my Inspire 1 on Friday and it has both a bad TB47 Battery ...

No you dont, just follow my tutorial and you can lower ( to travel mode ) the gear manually.  Take a deep breath make an exchange , it is going to be ok !
http://forum.dji.com/thread-52862-1-1.html

Travel mode the gear and body are about even .

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-19 11:16
I am in the exact same situation. Just got my Inspire 1 on Friday and it has both a bad TB47 Battery ...

By the way , it is not a POS, you will have a lot of fun when you get a new one.  Just do a lot of reading before you get it and dont update anything until you test fly it with the existing system.  Then read my tips page and the manual for updating and you will be a happy camper.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-45630-1-1.html

donnie

2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

bradsplanet@gma Posted at 2016-6-18 19:51
Thanks Donnie so much for your help. It sucks that DJI support aren't open on weekends. Do you think ...

I dont think so , I think once they receive the defective one they will ship you out another one . Where did you buy it ?   At least you can still fly while waitng for the New X 5 !

donnie
2016-6-19
Use props
rblankenship74
New

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 00:35
No you dont, just follow my tutorial and you can lower ( to travel mode ) the gear manually.  Take  ...

Tried it with 2 different screw drivers and my worm screw will not move.
2016-6-19
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

downgrade the remote and you will be good to go. make sure that you update the Inspire 1 first...   

Rich
2016-6-19
Use props
rblankenship74
New

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-6-20 10:25
downgrade the remote and you will be good to go. make sure that you update the Inspire 1 first...    ...

?? How can I downgrade the remote on the GO App, if the Go App won't connect since I likely have a bad USB board.
2016-6-19
Use props
rblankenship74
New

Donnie Posted at 2016-6-20 00:39
By the way , it is not a POS, you will have a lot of fun when you get a new one.  Just do a l ...

Ok let me rephrase it... A working, functional Inspire 1 is definitely not a POS. The Non working brick I paid $2K for is an ABSOLUTE ENORMOUS POS.
2016-6-19
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-19 18:47
Tried it with 2 different screw drivers and my worm screw will not move.

Make sure you are not putting pressure on the landing gear legs, keep the pressure on the screw , make sure you are going in the correct direction as well.  ( Counter Clockwise )

Be sure to use the screwdriver that I  advise, if the blade is to wide it will not work.  

You can do this,

There is no try...... only do !

good luck -donnie

2016-6-20
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-19 19:39
?? How can I downgrade the remote on the GO App, if the Go App won't connect since I likely have a ...

Sorry, I missed this point. You are correct this is not possible if the cable connection is broken. As far as getting the landing gear down.... even if you do this manually the Inspire will still be in travel mode (blue light). I have seen this before on another thread. If this is under warranty, get DJI to assist you with the repair. If this is not under warranty, then buy a new HDMI / USB board for the remote... $99

Rich
2016-6-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-20 10:39
?? How can I downgrade the remote on the GO App, if the Go App won't connect since I likely have a ...

It's understandable to be frustrated. For clarification, have you already spoken to DJI Support in order to determine that the USB board is bad? Could you also clarify whether you've only updated the aircraft and not the RC? If it was just the aircraft, did you get the confirmation via the .txt file that it was succussful and have you tried downgrading the craft itself the previous firmware? Regarding the battery, have you tried completely discharging the battery and recharging to refresh the cells?
2016-6-21
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

florod63@gmail. Posted at 2016-6-19 07:51

Could you clarify how that battery is dead? Is there at least a red LED emmiting from the power button when you attempt to turn it on or is there nothing whatsoever? In regards to updating the firmware, have you ensured that you are attempting to download the X5 firmware and not the X5R? What format are you using for these SD cards? Have you tried using the stock 16 GB SD card to update the firmware? Have you ensured that the .bin file is the only file on the card? What kind of LEDs would you be getting from the camera itself during this process?

In reality, your options for refund/RMA will depend on whether or not you are within range of your dealers return/exchange program. If your dealer is close a refund, then purchase a replacement may be your fastest solution if that option is available. Depending on your region, which unfortunatly I'm unable to see at this time, a RMA process through DJI would also be fast but they normally will look into possibly repairing the unit prior to determining replacement.
2016-6-21
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

rblankenship74 Posted at 2016-6-19 21:47
Ok let me rephrase it... A working, functional Inspire 1 is definitely not a POS. The Non working  ...

C'mon now mate, lets walk on the warm sunny side of the street, once you get it sorted you will be be a happy lad indeed.

donnie
2016-6-21
Use props
ArcheoWebby
New

United States

SAME PROBLEM - EXCEPT WORSE

Just got an Inspire Pro. Battery dead. Good thing we ordered a second battery. Test flew without the camera and worked great. Added the camera and no image transmission. Upgraded the firmware - and all hell broke loose. Got the 0800 and 1500 no device detected warnings that Donnie was referring to.

This is incredibly frustrating that such an expensive unit can ship with so many things wrong. We simply don't have time for this. Anyway, guess we're sending it back.
2016-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules